[Game] Kings vs Blazers - Tuesday, Jan. 1 - 6:00PT/9:00ET - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
But aside from Bogi and Buddy, all those ages are for dudes who aren't part of the team's core (i.e. the guys who don't really matter)

Fox is 21, Bags is still 19, Giles hasn't played much basketball since his junior year. Despite his age, Buddy is still young in basketball years
Future core which "might do something" is different than present core.

Think one thing we've learned the last couple weeks without Bagley is we have absolutely no inside post presence when he's off the floor and creates a huge vacuum in our offense. WCS is great at rim running (when he actually does it), but his post game just hasn't developed. Nurk, an awesome defensive C, just absolutely toyed with him all game and blew up those possessions in the final 3 minutes with ease.

The Kings settled for what was easy (what the Blazers were giving us) in crunchtime and that was pretty much exclusively looks for Willie at the top of the key. With a passer like Giles or an aggressive pitbull like Bagley that can work but Willie is an inconsistent passer who tries to finesse layups like he's 40-year-old Manu.
Willie is a good complementary player but the team looks tired. They are losing their legs at the end of the game and shots are all short.

It’s great to play with pace but you have to play with a deeper bench. We need Bagley back, Giles needs more consistent minutes, Yogi needs more than 15 min. Joeger is allocating minutes like he is playing Memphis slow ball.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They want Bogi to shoot more. He’s still trying to figure his role. If/when Giles gets more minutes Bogi will be better because Giles hands and IQ are tailor made to pair with Bogi.
I agree but that doesn't mean the guy is free from criticism in the meantime.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Are you serious? Fox is their leader, will be their leader, will be a All Star, and has shown he's a prime time player. He's obviously been off his game recently, probably because of his shoulder, and it's ridiculous to question him based on a game or a couple of games. Just flat out dumb.
Only white males of European descent who have names that end with -ic are allowed to be crunch time leaders.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Think one thing we've learned the last couple weeks without Bagley is we have absolutely no inside post presence when he's off the floor and creates a huge vacuum in our offense. WCS is great at rim running (when he actually does it), but his post game just hasn't developed. Nurk, an awesome defensive C, just absolutely toyed with him all game and blew up those possessions in the final 3 minutes with ease.
This is another reason I wanted Giles back in in OT.

What Giles may have given up on defensive presence against Nurk (who went for 20/20 so it's not like Willie was dominating on that end either), he could have made up for with his offensive feel and passing.

VLADE SEND HELP!!!!! for a serious playoff push.... They must add some size and strength, it's a glaring issue.....

Dream deadline wishlist;

Cory Joseph
Al Farouq Aminu
Noah Vonleh

Harkless and Aminu wrecked havoc upon the Kings tonight... Lets talk about that for a second... Because this is where the Kings can improve the team quite a bit... Bjelly had 16 rebounds which is crazy but the contributions of Aminu and Harkless were far beyond that, Harkless was able to sucessfully hawk out players dribbles and swipe at it, clutch blocks, they hit their 3's, even though the Kings slaughtered them in transition points those 2 were the ones having nice moments.

Willie is a back up center in the NBA but he will be seeking starting center money
At this rate he isn’t going to get starting center money. Willie has it so backwards. Teams see value in his speed, athleticism, length and his ability to show, front, bother but Willie seems almost ashamed of those abilities and wants to be Corliss Williamson or something.

Kings may be able to keep him at a decent salary that would enable them to play him where he best fits(eventually a reserve) without being obligated to start him because of an obscene salary and hopefully his role and mindset changes.

I actually want Willie on the team. I just want him to pride himself defensively. It’s not a tool he needs to develop. It’s a tool he needs to use. I can otherwise handle his mediocre to awful rebounding and he say in 10-12 ppg range..even less of he realizes his defensive potential

I heard that Joerger said that Giles was tired, but then a few moments later said he will look for him to play some minutes in the next few games?

This is what happened or not? If that's so I don't buy it, especially the first part.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
VLADE SEND HELP!!!!! for a serious playoff push.... They must add some size and strength, it's a glaring issue.....

Dream deadline wishlist;

Cory Joseph
Al Farouq Aminu
Noah Vonleh

Harkless and Aminu wrecked havoc upon the Kings tonight... Lets talk about that for a second... Because this is where the Kings can improve the team quite a bit... Bjelly had 16 rebounds which is crazy but the contributions of Aminu and Harkless were far beyond that, Harkless was able to sucessfully hawk out players dribbles and swipe at it, clutch blocks, they hit their 3's, even though the Kings slaughtered them in transition points those 2 were the ones having nice moments.
The help is forcing Joerger to play Giles more. Let’s see what happens then.

Unless our coach is totally blind by what many see in WCS maybe he can finally try a different approach after we blew the last two games.

Maybe we can give ochefu and Gabriel a few minutes with the team. After tonight if Giles can stay out of foul trouble I find it hard for him to not get some serious playing time going forward.

Willie got abused in this game. He was all out of sorts. Panicked. Rushed. Nurkic was in his head I guess. At the end there his footwork is all unsettled, he's going righht at him with these feints, he made some bad reads when given the ball in open space. He'll bounceback though. There's obviously a lot of room for improvement still.

It's one bad game, that again, they would've won if the coach drew up a better play at the end of the 4th q. The Kings needed a Bjelly dagger 3 not a contested layup...

LEts also not forget that Koufos was awful which sorta compounds this whole thing.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer

Dream deadline wishlist;

Cory Joseph
Al Farouq Aminu
Noah Vonleh
PORTER

I'm adding to your list. I hope you don't mind.:)

I heard that Joerger said that Giles was tired, but then a few moments later said he will look for him to play some minutes in the next few games?

This is what happened or not? If that's so I don't buy it, especially the first part.
Well, he probably meant more minutes throughout the game. Harry played 13 straight minutes. He was probably in need of a rest.

What a way to take the great feeling of the buzzer beating win and flush it completely down the toilet with the past 2 crunch time performances.

I’m far past tired seeing this disturbing trend of slow starts in every game then falling apart late.

Willie was awful tonight. De’Aaron wasn’t much better. BoBo redeemed himself in the 4th after being bad for 3 quarters. Nobody could finish around the basket and the defense was awful, especially in the final minute of regulation. It’s one thing for Lillard to get open and hit permeter shots. But Fox and the help defense (Willie) let him score two easy, uncontested layups to tie the game. Lazy and Inexcusable.