Kings v. Suns game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is kind of why I felt like the slack effort last night was a bit of a concern. Winning/losing doesn't matter in the preseason, but you would like to at least be playing solid cohesive ball by the last few games.

But now the preseason reality -- we were just in a lineup of 2 PGs (Bibby/Bobby), the smallest rookie SF in NBA history in Martin, an undrafted SF playing PF in Daniels, and an undersized reserve PF playing C in Songaila.

Last edited:
now you can see why im getting worried!!!!!!!!!! WHERE GETTING KILLED OUT THERE!!!!!

where prolly gonna let let in 70 in the first half!!!!

wtf is wrong with our team? :(

I'm not too concerned as the complete downfall in this game started as soon as Pedja was taken out of the offense (when Bobby Jackson entered the game).
However, here's one message for the Kings:
Suck it up and don't suck!

Bricklayer

sloter said:
I'm not too concerned as the complete downfall in this game started as soon as Pedja was taken out of the offense (when Bobby Jackson entered the game).
However, here's one message for the Kings:
Suck it up and don't suck!
The "downfall of the Kings" had very little to do with Peja, and certainly nothing to do with the offense. We could have been on pace to score 120pts in the game and would still be being blown out. Fact of the matter is we played hard for about 4 minutes to start the game, were up 11-9. Then Phoenix ran of something like 14 straight points and never looked back.

Yep, but Sacramento came back and were in the game exactly until the point when Jackson came in and Pedja didn't touch the ball for the last 2-3 minutes of the first quarter.

i didn't think i'd be concerned with how the kings are playing in a preseason game.. but wow.. we're getting killed out there.. i thought they'd want to win this game since it's the last game before the season starts.. oh well.. let's see what they got when they begin the season.. the defense tonight is absolutely TERRIBLE! oh god..

we allow them to score 74 at the half (43 in the 2nd)
they shoot 70% fgs and 73% 3fgs! (while we shoot 35%fgs, and 20% 3fgs)
they have 20 assists, we have 10
they have 26 rebs, we have 14

sigh.. let's hope they get it together in time for the mavs on tuesday..

Put the defensive problem aside, which I think is so obvious, I am concern about our rookie Kevin Martin. His body is just not ready for the NBA. A serval times he has to adjust his shoot to aviod body contact. He can't hit those shots like that. He just too weak out there.

wide open, peja for 3 beautiful as always
good to have something to cheer about.....
but what's up with trailing for almost 30 points?

kings were 15/21 fgs in the third but they're still trailing by 24.. wow..

the suns lowest scoring qtr so far is the 3rd.. they ONLY scored 30.. lol

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

Martin doesnt match up very well against this team.... Hopefully Barnes will become a consistent scorer. At the same time, I'm scared to see bobby running the second unit... Bobby, Martin, Barnes, Songailia and 'Tag... Bobby should get most of his minutes with the starters and let DC run the team. Sub Bobby in for Chirstie until the defense begins to suffer, then slowly bring in the second unit. I dont know... this bench just worries me, tons of hustle players but no scoring threat. Peja may have to play some serious minutes this season, cause we know webber cant, we cant take that risk...

A

AriesMar27

with evans and barnes on the team will Martin get enough minutes? they are both doing pretty well...

AriesMar27 said:
Martin doesnt match up very well against this team.... Hopefully Barnes will become a consistent scorer. At the same time, I'm scared to see bobby running the second unit... Bobby, Martin, Barnes, Songailia and 'Tag... Bobby should get most of his minutes with the starters and let DC run the team. Sub Bobby in for Chirstie until the defense begins to suffer, then slowly bring in the second unit. I dont know... this bench just worries me, tons of hustle players but no scoring threat. Peja may have to play some serious minutes this season, cause we know webber cant, we cant take that risk...
good points.
bobby's been the baby sitter this game.
well, it is the last game of the preseason. we'll see comes next week when the games start to count

Bricklayer

Actually its because of the lack of proven bench scorers that we need Bobby to provide us with that lift off the bench (he's pressing right now though). But Barnes/Evans/whoever realy isn't the relative portion of the bench. Barring injuries those guys probably won't be playing many minutes. Its really Bobby/Tag/Songaila/Martin (and/or maybe Alexander).

Would love to have is a second proven scorer emerge back there. Martin or Alexander (if he makes it) seem like the best bets.

A

AriesMar27

but with the guys that we have, who gives peja a rest? more importantly for how long? I dont know how long the team could hold up with both bibby and peja not on the floor unless webber And miller were out there. Maybe I should just wait until I see how well Tag plays, if he and Darius can hold there own, then i'll be ok with the bench.

Im really not all that concerned though, the only thing that concerns me is if Webber is not healthy to play when the real games start. Good to know that Chrisitie was back even if it was for a short stint.

Status
Not open for further replies.