[Game] Kings v. Suns - Friday, Dec. 29 - 7 PT

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm sure glad Skal got his start, played well, and got rewarded accordingly.

Joerger's another reason I'm soured on the team now. There's just not a lot I like right now.

And the main thing I like sits on the bench unless we're down 25 in the 4th quarter. Hopefully Giles comes back soon to save me from the apathy.

4:28, score was 97-97 when joeger brought in all the vets. I would have really liked to see him stick with the young guys to see how they closed out a tight game.

Does Booker's game not remind anyone else of Buddy's? He's a much better ball handler, but he's not someone who can consistently break down defenses. He's just an elite shot maker.

4:28, score was 97-97 when joeger brought in all the vets. I would have really liked to see him stick with the young guys to see how they closed out a tight game.
Chances are they wouldn’t get any rebounds either..and Willie and Buddy were the ones flubbing when the game started slipping away.

Suns have their centerpiece. Kings still need one.

It doesn’t matter that the Kings held Booker in Check for 3.5 Qtrs.

When the game was on the line. Booker delivered!
That’s what stars are made of.

The truth is the facts must be accepted that the majority share of the Kings talent is in 1st or 2nd year players. Experience only gets you so far when you are consistently facing a talent disparity as a result.

Not at all. Buddy doesn’t have half the talent as Booker. When the game is close and on the line, Booker delivers like an All Star. Buddy is no where close being any kind of centerpiece. A nice player. But, Booker comparisons are unfounded. Coffee and Bagels are for Closers.

Does Booker's game not remind anyone else of Buddy's? He's a much better ball handler, but he's not someone who can consistently break down defenses. He's just an elite shot maker.
at

We lost to a team with a better record than us. This team is not expected to win on any night. Every game is up for grabs, not understanding people who expect wins. This game was very winnable but I did not go into it saying "this is one we can't lose".

Here's the thing about Buddy. If Joerger were really trying to compete he'd be giving Buddy a larger chunk of the offense and at the very least more consistent looks in it. The type of player Buddy is, is one that might not hit the broadside of a barn for 7 shots in a row but there is always a chance that the next 7 after that hit nothing but net. Even the best of all time scoring guards are streaky to an extent. Randolph is the only other player on the team that can get rolling like that. There still really isn't a true design to the offense and shots are created in a very erratic fashion at times.

Not at all. Buddy doesn’t have half the talent as Booker. When the game isn’t close and on the line, Booker delivers like an All Star. Buddy is no where close being any kind of centerpiece. A nice player. But, Booker comparisons are unfounded. Coffee and Bagels are for Closers.
Not saying Buddy is as talented as Booker, but they have similar playing styles. Booker goes something like 6-20 and continues to get his shots. Buddy might go 1-6 and get shunned from getting the ball. A lot of the NBA is about opportunities. I don't think Buddy is even at the same level of Booker, but if Booker can consistently become a 20+ppg scorer with all his athletic deficiencies(same as Hield), why can't Hield become a 16ppg scorer?

Told ya. Suns have a master centerpiece and a monster closer. Kings don’t have one that I can see at this point.

Different day, same story. The only player close to being put in a position to be that is Zbo and he's been faltering the last couple of games. He's probably wondering why he wasn't shipped to a contender after his all star level explosion. :D It's hard to compare anything about the Kings to any other team, player, or situation because honestly, no other team is doing this Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

I was a little disappointed that Joerger went back to "his" crew so late. It probably ticked off the guys that got pulled and it put those returning vets right into the fire whilst completely cold from a long tenure on the bench. Brilliant tank? Bad coaching? Who knows. Looks bad either way.

Not at all. Buddy doesn’t have half the talent as Booker. When the game is close and on the line, Booker delivers like an All Star. Buddy is no where close being any kind of centerpiece. A nice player. But, Booker comparisons are unfounded. Coffee and Bagels are for Closers.

at

Well the scouts pre draft apparently disagreed. Give Buddy the same rope and then compare. When has Buddy been allowed to shoot 25 times in a game? There hasn't been a great anything in this league that hasn't been allowed to shoot it's way out of a slump. Joergers rope goes about as far as it takes for Garrett f'n Temple to take his warm ups off and hang and bang with the best while giving away as much talent as you can. Temple is a great defender and a great role player, but in the end you can't cherry pick solid over talent.

I'm a big Buddy fan but he will never be as good as Booker. Buddy is a better pure shooter than Booker but that's where the comparison ends. His handle and first step are light years behind Booker's and Booker is 3 years younger. It's not a matter of getting more shots for Buddy. He doesn't have the skill to get his own shot more than just a couple times a game. Booker can do it at will.

Hopefully in the future we will have better playmakers on the team and some guys who can command double teams. Hopefully at that point, Hield will be our Klay Thompson on the offensive end and can take advantage of guys getting him open looks.

Actually? A fan of the original Kings! Ala, Mitch (The Rock) Richmond (The Best King Ever! Unless, you’re counting the Big “O”)

I know Kings basketball and history. In addition to being a fan. Notate: A hardcore fan, but not a fanboy.