[Game] Kings v. Spurs - 11/16/16 -7:30PT/10:30ET

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The faster we as a fan base realize that there are no such things as easy games, the better off we will be both mentally and physically IMO.
Not easy games but winnable games. Sure, technically every game is winnable, but a game against, say, the Wizards is more winnable than one against the Spurs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Not easy games but winnable games. Sure, technically every game is winnable, but a game against, say, the Wizards is more winnable than one against the Spurs.
I'm sure the Wizards would feel the same way looking on their schedule and seeing the Kings on their platter.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm sure the Wizards would feel the same way looking on their schedule and seeing the Kings on their platter.
Of course, but at the same time, they also don't stand as good a chance at winning as the Spurs do, which I'm sure they realize as well.

I'm not saying that anything's going to come easy. I'm just saying don't panic when you lose to the basketball terminator that is the San Antonio Spurs.

The faster we as a fan base realize that there are no such things as easy games, the better off we will be both mentally and physically IMO.
Then what the hell are we rooting for? We have a team full of 30 year old guys in their or past their primes and we all agree we are a plain as day bad basketball team. If we are going to suck at least give us a young team where we can see growth game by game. Like what incentive do I have to root for guys like Ty Lawson, Afflalo etc. When I know for a damn fact they will be here and gone in a few months. Rudy Gay isnt coming back, Darren Collison will rightfully sign somehere else. Why continue to delay the inevitable?

Then what the hell are we rooting for? We have a team full of 30 year old guys in their or past their primes and we all agree we are a plain as day bad basketball team. If we are going to suck at least give us a young team where we can see growth game by game. Like what incentive do I have to root for guys like Ty Lawson, Afflalo etc. When I know for a damn fact they will be here and gone in a few months. Rudy Gay isnt coming back, Darren Collison will rightfully sign somehere else. Why continue to delay the inevitable?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Of course, but at the same time, they also don't stand as good a chance at winning as the Spurs do, which I'm sure they realize as well.

I'm not saying that anything's going to come easy. I'm just saying don't panic when you lose to the basketball terminator that is the San Antonio Spurs.
I understand what you are saying, completely. At what point though, do you look at yourselves in the mirror and say " how much more can we take?". At some point you have to beat some of these teams if you want to make any positive progress moving forward and not always falling short, that's been the same story over and over again, different players, different coaches, different front office, same results...yawn.

Looks like 4-12 is inevitable. I hope they keep losing so Vlade can finally realize he needs to blow it up. Dec. 15 is when FA's signed in the offseason can be moved, so hopefully he's already been having discussions and they get something done then. Everybody on the roster should be available...I don't like this team at all.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm not really even sure myself what we are rooting for. Maybe some of us are rooting for energy & hustle? passion & heart? a future of some sort and not just a veteran filled squad who can't string together consecutive wins....maybe some of us are waiting for the day where we can just do the inevitable sooner rather than later while the value is still high?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm not really even sure myself what we are rooting for. Maybe some of us are rooting for energy & hustle? passion & heart? a future of some sort and not just a veteran filled squad who can't string together consecutive wins....maybe some of us are waiting for the day where we can just do the inevitable sooner rather than later while the value is still high?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Thats exactly the point im trying to make. Tetsujin says the schedule gets easy after this homestand. Games to Miami, Orlando, Milwaukee and LA at home would be considered "easy" games or games we should expect to win...
By whom? It seems to me that whether or not those teams should be regarded as "easy" wins tends to be a function of whether or not it fits the poster's argument. I'm not sure whether those should have been "easy" wins, or not. Who gets to decide?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Looks like 4-12 is inevitable. I hope they keep losing so Vlade can finally realize he needs to blow it up. Dec. 15 is when FA's signed in the offseason can be moved, so hopefully he's already been having discussions and they get something done then. Everybody on the roster should be available...I don't like this team at all.
Sweet mother of god. The Kings played 11 games in 17 days then followed it up with a game against the best run organization in the NBA.

Because people trust Vlade for some reason.

At the end of the day, we will have traded our first round draft pick so that the team could learn to lose the right way.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I concur wholeheartedly with you on this here. I feel absolutely no passion or energy watching this team, hell...watching the games, the players look like zombies more often than not on the court, where's the urgency? the desire?

I agree. The only thing I fear is giving this regime more lotto picks to inevitably screw up. First thing is we need some competent basketball people like Hinkie running things. Vlade and Peja can be "promoted" to ceremonial roles to save face.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You guys are kind of funny.

Lose to the San Antonio Spurs = OMG!! We're never gonna win again! Its over! Woe onto us! AIEEEEEEE!!!!

You guys are kind of funny.

Lose to the San Antonio Spurs = OMG!! We're never gonna win again! Its over! Woe onto us! AIEEEEEEE!!!!
No but we are 4-8. If we win two of Miami, Orlando, Milwaukee, LA we are 6-6 and a loss tonight is much more bearable. Fact remains we are looking down the barrell of 4-12. We are the definition of a mediocre basketball team. This team aint going on no six, seven, eight game win streak. At best this team is capable of .500 basketball on a month with a favorable schedule, meaning there aint no coming back from 4-12.