[Game] Kings v. Sixers - Thursday, Nov. 9 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sixers announcers were horrible. At the beginning of the game they said 'Willie Cauley Stein, well Jojo doesn't have to worry about him tonight on the offensive end.'

(Yes, they call Joel Embid Jojo. Horrible)

I was finding myself REALLY hoping for the Kings to pull this one out just so I could hear the sound of sad defeat and taste their tears of sorrow. Jerks.
Yum. :)

Sixers announcers were horrible. At the beginning of the game they said 'Willie Cauley Stein, well Jojo doesn't have to worry about him tonight on the offensive end.'

(Yes, they call Joel Embid Jojo. Horrible)

I was finding myself REALLY hoping for the Kings to pull this one out just so I could hear the sound of sad defeat and taste their tears of sorrow. Jerks.
I prefer Troll Embiid myself

Sean Cunningham‏Verified account@SeanCunningham 53m53 minutes ago

Joel Embiid was absolutely shut-down by Willie Cauley-Stein tonight. No more evident than on that final play. Very encouraging for WCS
He's a suiter

edit: Kosta has to get big credit as well. His defense on Embiid as well as overall was great. Like I said earlier, that elbow from RW to Kostas' face seemed to light a fire. He didn't play another minute after that blow until tonight, and he showed some fire

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's a suiter

edit: Kosta has to get big credit as well. His defense on Embiid as well as overall was great. Like I said earlier, that elbow from RW to Kostas' face seemed to light a fire. He didn't play another minute after that blow until tonight, and he showed some fire
To be fair, Kosta looks better shutting down elite big men than he does having to try to find his way against a variety of small balling teams.

I was surprised to see how well Philadelphia played us all night. I, too, was surprised to find out that they are hovering at a respectable 6-5 record in a very weak Eastern Conference in which, if they can keep it up, they can become a top 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs.

The game, for the most part, was extremely fun to watch. If you eliminate all of the times we went to the line, and missed, then the game would have been slightly more than extremely fun to watch....

If the kids continue to show us what they have been showing us for most of the season so far, the kids will soon become adults (or..........are they already adults????????)

The Kings have themselves their own version of "The Process".

Trust the Process.

Last edited:
He could/should play some power forward minutes. Zbo going more center would make this work.
I don't like the Kings going small because our rebounding automatically becomes bad. Our guards don't have rebounding instincts. When we play small-ball, Koufos does a good job boxing his man out...but no one else bothers to, which leads to uncontested offensive rebounds. I think this is why some people think Koufos is a bad player. They associate him with being the culprit in allowing offensive rebounds because he's the only player in position to actually have a shot at it. Hield is our only good guard rebounder.

Mason-Hield-Richardson-Jackson-Sampson could be interesting.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Either Philadelphia is significantly better than what most people advertise them to be, or we just suck enough to make Philadelphia look like a respectable team on any given night.

The game, for the most part, was extremely fun to watch. If you eliminate all of the times we went to the line, and missed, then the game would have been slightly more than extremely fun to watch....

If the kids continue to show us what they have been showing us for most of the season so far, the kids will soon become adults (or..........are they already adults????????)

Trust the Process.
Dude, everyone's been saying the Sixers are good this year. I'm not sure what narrative you're referring to (aside from maybe the Fultz shoulder debacle).

Dude, everyone's been saying the Sixers are good this year. I'm not sure what narrative you're referring to (aside from maybe the Fultz shoulder debacle).
Clearly, I don't pay enough attention to the Eastern Conference. I thought they were struggling out of the gate this year. I stand corrected. :D

I was surprised to see how well Philadelphia played us all night. I, too, was surprised to find out that they are hovering at a respectable 6-5 record in a very weak Eastern Conference in which, if they can keep it up, they can become a top 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs.

Trust the Process.
There, I fixed it for ya :)