[Game] Kings v. Rockets - Monday, Dec. 23 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's hoping the Kings find their identity and give the fans a nice Christmas present - a win over the Rockets at G1C. :)

I feel sorry for Luke Walton. He has a tough job right now:

GO KINGS!

Tonight is my first time at G1C this season, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm in a season ticket group, so I get 8 games a year. I had tickets for the Portland game on 10/25 but was unable to be there, so I had to eat the tickets.

The only reason this is worth mentioning is because I'm fairly confident I'm the only person who regrets missing the game, despite how ugly it was. That's because I had to call 911 for my wife the morning of 10/25, so I was otherwise occupied. And if that hadn't happened, I would have suffered through the game. Basketball in general and Kings games in particular are about having fun. Since my story is about anything but, ... OK, let's try it again ... Kings season, Take Two.

I'm going to be there tonight. They're playing against one of the guys whose picture is next to the dictionary definition of "special treatment for superstars." Plus, the Kings embarrassed him last time, so they'll probably be playing 5-on-8 all night. I couldn't possibly care less. I just want to enjoy the Kings game and scream at the bearded hag. I hope everyone there will join me. Sometimes, the only thing to do is vent.

Go Kings !

There's no way you limit your young core just to try and win this one game. What's more important than this season is developing the young guys. Also who says the defense is going to be any better without them? I know advanced stats don't favor Fox right now but I still think he's a good defender. And if not, he's not going to learn to be better with just practice alone. He needs to see the floor.

Additionally, while Joseph is a good defender, he's pretty bad on offense. You need to score against Houston. You have to keep up. They're going to get their points.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Rockets beat the Clippers couple nights ago and pummeled the Suns in the 4th quarter of their last game. I think this is going to be a Houston onslaught.

Rockets beat the Clippers couple nights ago and pummeled the Suns in the 4th quarter of their last game. I think this is going to be a Houston onslaught.
Yea I watched that. Harden was drilling contested 3's from 30 feet out en route to nearly 50 points. Sometimes it doesn't matter who you put on him.

I'm glad they're going to force Bagley and Holmes together, because we have no choice. If we're going to limit either guy's minutes to keep them from playing together, what are we even doing? They aren't complementary on paper, but they need to figure it out.
lets see if they are complimentary on hardwood.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. The old Sacramento Memorial Auditorium. Such a stately old building. I actually saw the Rolling Stones there a long, long time ago.

This is just terrible basketball and spacing. Way too much senseless body movement, way too much driving while two bigs are in the paint. This is starting to look like the team did last year in it's worst moments. Same spacing, same play calls. WTF?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: If you're just here to knock Bagley or covertly bemoan the draft, this isn't the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.