[Game] Kings v. Pistons - Monday, March 19 - 7 PDT

Start Buddy since Bogs is out?

• Yes, he's earned it.

• No, he's too valuable coming off the bench.

• I'm so confused.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Svg really messed up trying to build around Drummond. Top to bottom I don't think there is anyone on the pistons besides Stanley johnsom I'd actually want on the kings.
You can’t build around Drummond.

But, his 15 boards a night is historic. That’s no joke. I would trade a lot of players on the Kings for Andre. I don’t care if he’s weak defensively. Imagine, how many more shot opportunities this team would have nightly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This lineup sucks. I do not want to see Koufos, Temple and Carter on the court at the same time. Ever.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh good grief. I don't want to see a spotlight segment on Blake Griffin. In fact, I don't want to see a spotlight segment on ANYBODY not on the Kings, but especially not Blake Griffin who is such a turd.

The 3
Kids played well
Skal, Fox, and Hield.
Hield still should come off the bench, though.

1.5 out of the 4th Spot. Love the tank

Doubt anyone is catching Memphis, Phoenix or Orlando.

Bagley is still within reach

When the game gets ugly, you need a guy to step up and take control of the game, hopefully one of these guys becomes that or we lose enough to get one this year. Then watch out.

I think our best player tonight was Buddy. Detroit guarded him like our #1 player, and put their best perimeter defenders on him throughout the game. There were a few times where he looked sloppy and out of control, but I think he did a good job considering how much offense he had to initiate.

Fox had a solid game. Got lost a few times on defense, but it happens. On offense he looked really good when he was being aggressive. The problem for him tonight? not aggressive enough.

JJ was playing aggressive when he had the ball in his hands. I think he did a good job picking his spots on the floor. Would still want to see him look to score a bit more. 9 shots in 31mins isn't enough, especially when he's 7-9!

Mason looks like a bull. I liked his aggressiveness. He always does a good job getting inside, but will have to look for the open too.

You can’t build around Drummond.

But, his 15 boards a night is historic. That’s no joke. I would trade a lot of players on the Kings for Andre. I don’t care if he’s weak defensively. Imagine, how many more shot opportunities this team would have nightly.
The rebounding is next level but there is no way I trade anything of major value for him
No defense at all and can't hit anything outside of a few feet from the basket. I'd rather find other ways to fix our rebounding problem than with guy whose only major skill is rebounding.

I heartily agree. I think I remember something about those uniforms being "featured" in March by all the NBA teams.
Except that they've been wearing them a lot all season. And certainly a bunch before March. I sure hope they dial it back next season. What's next? Those awful gold jersey's the Maloofs came up with? Good grief.

I read something that Nike or whomever is now determining when teams wear what :mad:
I certainly hope that's not true. But it certainly would explain some things. Somebody needs to get in Vivek's ear about it. There's no reason to be nostalgic -- even a little bit -- about a mistake jersey that the team wore from 85-90 when they were about as awful as they've ever been.

I don’t know why so much hate for Griffin. The guy has been a great player for 8 years in the league.
Solid, consistent, 20-10 guy. I wish the Kings had a player like him. Maybe, he’s not he most likable guy. But, who cares. He can ball.

I don’t know why so much hate for Griffin. The guy has been a great player for 8 years in the league.
Solid, consistent, 20-10 guy. I wish the Kings had a player like him. Maybe, he’s not he most likable guy. But, who cares. He can ball.
I think it's due to the perception that he got things before he had earned them. He got voted to the all star team in his rookie year, which is certainly very uncommon. Moreover, he won the dunk contest, in what looked like a pre-programmed show. Couple that with the fact that his athleticism and high flying finishes generated lot of attention, while more talented and better performing players (like DMC), didn't get a fraction of the attention. Of course, playing on a winning team, with one of the greatest PGs of all times helped.

None of this is his fault. Anyone in his position would have welcomed and embraced the attention, and the benefits it brings. It's probably going to the other end now. His production might still be solid, but if he continues to play for a losing team with his ginormous contract, (or worse, gets injured), he will be seen as dead weight.