[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Wednesday, March 7 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I detest Grant Napear. The Kings may not win, but they're playing their best. How about some credit for them instead of fawning all over the Pelicans? We're not blind, Napear. We can see the obvious.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Bogs had even an average night, it would have been VERY interesting. I'm proud of our Kings. No quit in any of them.

Kayte responds to a question wondering if we should worry about Fox's durability:

I think that's a Kings' FO type of answer. Fox's durability is a legitimate question. He keeps getting banged up because his body can't take the physical punishment of the NBA yet. Curry was the same way with his ankles.

His durability will continue to be a question..until it's not(Just like Curry who turned into the MVP). He's had at least 5 minor injuries this year dating back to the SL. I'm concerned about his durability. Pair this with the fact that a lot of his game revolves around his down-hill attacking. He's like rookie Tyreke minus 45lbs... we all saw how Tyreke's durability held up.

Kayte responds to a question wondering if we should worry about Fox's durability:

Kayte Is wrong(what else is new). The real reason Fox keeps getting these little injuries: He needs to hit the weights and put on a little muscle. The guy is not only skinny, but has no muscle at all. No upper body and toothpick legs. If he puts on at least 10 pounds of hard muscle on his frame, it will probably cut down on his injuries. Please don’t tell me putting on muscle will slow him down. I don’t see that as a problem for Russell Westbrook.

I think that's a Kings' FO type of answer. Fox's durability is a legitimate question. He keeps getting banged up because his body can't take the physical punishment of the NBA yet. Curry was the same way with his ankles.

His durability will continue to be a question..until it's not(Just like Curry who turned into the MVP). He's had at least 5 minor injuries this year dating back to the SL. I'm concerned about his durability. Pair this with the fact that a lot of his game revolves around his down-hill attacking. He's like rookie Tyreke minus 45lbs... we all saw how Tyreke's durability held up.
I disagree. Tyreke put so much torque on his body when he attacked it left defenders wondering if he was zigging or zagging but Fox just puts it in gear and leaves defenders in the dust. Fox needs to add some muscle mass no doubt but all in time.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
one definitely has to question Fox's durability but that's to be expected, he is a teenager playing with grown men compared to him who doesn't have that grown man strength yet and his body has yet to fill out anyway. Overtime and with lots of weight room work, yoga, proper stretching, etc. I'd hope he will be fine.

In other news, where the heck did Emeka Okafor come from? Was he hiding under a rock or something? The dude hasn't been on a roster for years, last team he played for was the Wizards and then all of a sudden he appears on the Pelicans roster. Funny how things work out. o_O

one definitely has to question Fox's durability but that's to be expected, he is a teenager playing with grown men compared to him who doesn't have that grown man strength yet and his body has yet to fill out anyway. Overtime and with lots of weight room work, yoga, proper stretching, etc. I'd hope he will be fine.

In other news, where the heck did Emeka Okafor come from? Was he hiding under a rock or something? The dude hasn't been on a roster for years, last team he played for was the Wizards and then all of a sudden he appears on the Pelicans roster. Funny how things work out. o_O
What's crazy is he's still the best okafor in the league.

The Pelicans are playing great, even without DMC. Last night they proved that AD does not need to dominate.
The Kings defense looked terrible. They stood around on offense. They got ripped by a much better team.

I disagree. Tyreke put so much torque on his body when he attacked it left defenders wondering if he was zigging or zagging but Fox just puts it in gear and leaves defenders in the dust. Fox needs to add some muscle mass no doubt but all in time.
I agree with you, but Fox goes inside for the physical punishment. Finishing at the rim has been a problem for him this year and he's already been banged up many times. Tyreke had 45lbs on Fox, so he was able to zig and zag. Fox still relies on finesse finishes, but when he's down-hill attacking, he goes up hard.

Here's a few shots of where I spent my night. Thanks to the good good people at Penney & Associates!
Looks good man. I’m sorry it had to be for that game

Very little redeemable about it.. unwatchable with the youth not showing out (Fox/injury, Bogs, Skal not really doing much etc)

I kinda figured it's ironic, but then why would you want to bash your team's rookie like that?

I guess it's along the line of the #kangz thing on social media.
I think it started out as a joke but a little more serious with the Ball ducking Fox thing and ever since then it's just been an ongoing joke if an opposing teams player is sitting out. I don't take it as a bash or an insult. Just some light hearted humor.