[Game] Kings v. Pacers, Saturday, Dec. 1 (7PT/10ET)

Did we figure out the deal with Harry tonight? Does coach view him only as a center so his minutes lost with Kosta back? Seems like with Marvin out there had to be a way to get harry 10 minutes somewhere. Right?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
An incredibly ugly game with all the turnovers and stone hands and missed shots at the basket. The Pacers did the Kings a service with their poor play. At the beginning of the game I was really thinking that WCS was thinking about what moving van he should hire to send his stuff to Washington, what with all of his missed shots at the basket.

I'm very interested why Joerger didn't play Giles 1 minute in this game, especially when of late he's been very good.

A win is always good, but the Kings just aren't playing as well as they were say five games or so ago. I hope they get back to their old self pretty soon, otherwise they won't be in the .500 territory very long.

P.S. We're going to see the hack-a-WCS routine by opposing coaches in the 4th quarter if he doesn't iron out his free throw shooting. He looks totally discombobulated up there at the line with a hitch in his stroke. I don't understand why the coaches haven't remedied that motion of his in practice already.

Last edited:
Oh it is VERY relevant. Buddy needs to come off the bench. He has too much pressure right now on him to perform.
Buddy has no more pressure on him than anybody else and if he did, he’s answered the bell. I don’t exactly know the standard of which you hold Buddy’s performance but it’s been at the level where you don’t really question his spot he has pretty much earned.

Calls for Bogdan to start is really just superficial “it’s disrespectful that he doesn’t start” nonsense not realizing that his versatility is just what the bench(TEAM) needs and would miss it if he was inserted into the starting lineup either in place of Shumpert or Buddy to honor some pecking order. As if by that logic it wouldn’t be a huge slap in the face to Buddy to be put to the bench while being the teams leading scorer. He’s earned his spot.

Bogdan off the bench makes too much sense for the young bigs and making it a cohesive unit. Giving it an identity. Buddy could probably still score a bunch off the bench but he couldn’t consistently facilitate the offense and stabilize the team. Replacing Shump with Bogdan would simply destroy the bench completely.

Needed this one, ugly as it was. Taking care of the ball like I had hoped never materialized, Pacers had 11 steals, though we had 10 of our own. I hope we can find our early season mojo again on this road trip.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Decided to go to the game and my seat was same row as Sign Lady....about 5 seats away. Got my money’s worth.

This was a classic WCS game. Very frustrating at times. Moments of very good play, moments of not very good play. At the end, his activity level, as well as others, definitely raised and he helped win this game. The last lob, he got so so soooo high up.

Classic Koufos game....good man to man interior defense but bad on offense when he has to make a play. It’s a dilemma.

JJ and Troy had some good stretches....Troy is hella active. When JJ makes shots, it’s night and day.

I know that if Giles played against Sabonis, he might have been manhandled but I thought he could be a good matchup with Myles Turner.

Finally, ref #46 had it out for us. The tech against Buddy was hard to believe. That ref is just ***tty.

Decided to go to the game and my seat was same row as Sign Lady....about 5 seats away. Got my money’s worth.

This was a classic WCS game. Very frustrating at times. Moments of very good play, moments of not very good play. At the end, his activity level, as well as others, definitely raised and he helped win this game. The last lob, he got so so soooo high up.

Classic Koufos game....good man to man interior defense but bad on offense when he has to make a play. It’s a dilemma.

JJ and Troy had some good stretches....Troy is hella active. When JJ makes shots, it’s night and day.

I know that if Giles played against Sabonis, he might have been manhandled but I thought he could be a good matchup with Myles Turner.

Finally, ref #46 had it out for us. The tech against Buddy was hard to believe. That ref is just ***tty.

You haven't heard The Ballad of Scott Foster? I don't recommend it. It was written by the infamous referee Tim Donaghy, and brings anger and sadness to all KIngs fans who hear it.

And if Bojan's shot doesn't rattle out, those two technicals cost us that game. Not sure this is exactly the right opportunity to rag on that particular idiosyncrasy of Grant's.
And if a ref calls a charge instead of a blocking foul. Those techs don't do crap. Or if a buddy shot rattles in, those technicals don't cost us a game. That's the thing, a point in the 1st quarter doesn't come back to haunt you because so many factors come into play after the fact that could change the game.

The Spurs never started Manu despite him probably being their second best player for the better part of two decades.
It's almost like getting 48 minutes of having an effective playmaker on the floor is better than only having one on the floor for 35 minutes a game.

The Warriors do it, the Rockets do it, the Spurs as you mentioned did it for 15 years with Parker and Manu. If its good enough for them it, it's probably good enough for us

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Got called away for the last 5 minutes or so. Of course WC$ redeems himself with the go-home dunk! Lol

I’m pissed about Giles non-use. Do we know why?

Last edited:
Our team actually increased its lead with the Shump/Buddy/Fox wing lineup.

I was talking about them taking Buddy off the floor. It's just a bad call to continue putting less talented players for fit reasons unless that fit means they are more capable in another area which is rare at this point. They ended this one with their best 3 players to carry it home. That needs to become the norm, not the exception and not just as a last resort but in the game. If it doesn't work then figure it out but the lineups are starting to get all sorts of wonky again.

Very interesting game and we WON! You would of thought by a lot of the comments here we should of blown them out.
Both teams did not play extremely well but WE won by sticking together.

We shortened our rotation and actually hit the boards decently and won a game we should win and that’s a big improvement over last year when I had no idea where we would be in any given game.
We should know a whole lot more of where we stand by New Years. We have surprised the league with some very good gutsy wins and we can take a big step forward by winning this month.

No bashing players or time played by me this game and just saying good game guys!

The most important thing from this game is that we won it and stopped the 3-game slide.
It wasn't otherwise a pretty game. It hurts to see Fox shooting so poorly, as if he has lost his confidence. Buddy also, although he never stops shooting. At a glance at the box scores, you'd think WCS had a good game. And of course he hit the game winning basket. But Willie did not have a good game. How anyone can miss so many shots from within 18 inches of the rim, I do not know. And what's his free throw shooting now - down to 40%? He offensive rebounded, but then his first thought is to give the ball to someone else instead of going strong for the basket. That has to be due to his inability to shoot free throws. Christ he's frustrating. But we won and all is forgiven. Well, not really, but it sounds good.

Fox had a rough shooting night, but actually pulled a rabbit out of a hat late in the game with his defense. He dished the ball well. He found a way to win. Bogie and Bjelica played well. Willie had a good night in some ways. Better rebounding.

The Kings dominated most of the categories in this game. The one glaring exception is points in the paint where we got killed. This is a consistent theme and needs to get fixed. Koufus helped on defense. He needs to get the rust off on offense. KK is part of the solution to stopping other teams under the basket. Bagley may be. Willie probably never will be.

Fox had a rough shooting night, but actually pulled a rabbit out of a hat late in the game with his defense. He dished the ball well. He found a way to win. Bogie and Bjelica played well. Willie had a good night in some ways. Better rebounding.

The Kings dominated most of the categories in this game. The one glaring exception is points in the paint where we got killed. This is a consistent theme and needs to get fixed. Koufus helped on defense. He needs to get the rust off on offense. KK is part of the solution to stopping other teams under the basket. Bagley may be. Willie probably never will be.
If we got dominated in the paint again the issue should be obvious to everyone by now

Fox now with a relatively struggling 4 games, hopes he snaps out

Giles, though playing better and being nice eventually, can’t be relied upon to play winning basketball just yet (hence RPM and Joerger shying away in a tight game). Still needs to improve rim protection and rebounding

The most important thing from this game is that we won it and stopped the 3-game slide.
It wasn't otherwise a pretty game. It hurts to see Fox shooting so poorly, as if he has lost his confidence. Buddy also, although he never stops shooting. At a glance at the box scores, you'd think WCS had a good game. And of course he hit the game winning basket. But Willie did not have a good game. How anyone can miss so many shots from within 18 inches of the rim, I do not know. And what's his free throw shooting now - down to 40%? He offensive rebounded, but then his first thought is to give the ball to someone else instead of going strong for the basket. That has to be due to his inability to shoot free throws. Christ he's frustrating. But we won and all is forgiven. Well, not really, but it sounds good.
It got in his head and he became a liability on offense. Getting the ball down low and becoming too tentative and kicking the ball out. Not only did his missed shots at the rim get in his head but the missed free throws got in his head too because you could tell Willie wanted no part of holding on to the ball long enough to get fouled. He was screwing up on the offense on multiple possessions all night. They probably win by 6 or 7 if Willie had just played a normal game. Then he goes out and gets the winning bucket. Crazy game.