[Game] Kings v. Hornets, 1/25/16. 7PM PST, 10PM EST.

Is Boogie an All-Star?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glenn

Hall of Famer
They'll use Hansbrough to get under Cuz's skin. They both play a very very physical game...

Why though? If you take out WCS to guard a perimeter big, our rim protection automatically goes away and you leave Cuz alone on an island.

Kaminsky lit up Kentucky during the tournament, but I don't think WCS guarded him.
Kaminsky is a 7 mfooter who can shoot very well . WCS can guard most people out to the three part arc. If Kamisnsky gets in a groove, I'd put WCS on him without even thinking about it.

Feeling another 30+ pt game from Cousins

I haven't seen such an ease of Scoring from a center like this in awhile. I mean Cousins is averaging 27 points in 34 minutes, despite playing injured and having an extremely bad December

You just feel like with the way things are clicking, he can average 30 points for the rest of the season, given that the referees give him the respect he deserves. Never has a player deserved his free throws more. When Cousins gets free throws, they are richly deserved.
Yep. I don't remember seeing this type of big man physical dominance since Shaq, who could just about do whatever he wanted for a few years there. Frustrating unless it's on your team :)

Is Rudy Gay really going to miss his third game in a row with a "bad heel"?

Hasn't he (or the training staff) ever heard of Dr. Scholl's? :po_O:)

upload_2016-1-25_14-13-8.png

Last time these teams met Kemba Walker went absolutely nuts making 16-23 FGs.....Rondo and Darren cannot let this happen again. Willie also played only 8 minutes in that game. I have feeling Willie will play more than 8 minutes tonight! Even if Rondo and Darren cannot keep Kemba in front of them they can push him towards help and this is what I will be watching for tonight.

Kemba in his first four years in the league has been an inefficient scorer (46% 52% 50% and 49% TS) and for this he was rewarded with 4 year / 48 million deal. o_O The big money led to big improvement! He is now at 55% TS which better justifies his usage rate (25%).

Tonight will be good test for our improved defense. When Willie plays 24 minutes or more since return from injury we allow 12 fewer points per game (95 vs 107). Let's see if this keeps up. Last game we allowed 39 points to Kemba and 38 points in 4th quarter collapse that led to OT loss. That was back in November when defense was an afterthought. Things have changed.

Stopping Kemba and holding under 100 points will be objective tonight and not getting an eye poked out by Jeremy Lin's mohawk.

Last edited:
No Jefferson so our big guys should feast on their big(soft) guys.
Only thing I'm worried about is Kemba going off like he has been these few games.
Also a linsanity moment if DC decides to play matador tonight
With that said it should be a win

Is Rudy Gay really going to miss his third game in a row with a "bad heel"?

Hasn't he (or the training staff) ever heard of Dr. Scholl's? :po_O:)

View attachment 5520

Last time these teams met Kemba Walker went absolutely nuts making 16-23 FGs.....Rondo and Darren cannot let this happen again. Willie also played only 8 minutes in that game. I have feeling Willie will play more than 8 minutes tonight! Even if Rondo and Darren cannot keep Kemba in front of them they can push him towards help and this is what I will be watching for tonight.

Kemba in his first four years in the league has been an inefficient scorer (46% 52% 50% and 49% TS) and for this he was rewarded with 4 year / 48 million deal. o_O The big money led to big improvement! He is now at 55% TS which better justifies his usage rate (25%).

Tonight will be good test for our improved defense. When Willie plays 24 minutes or more since return from injury we allow 12 fewer points per game (95 vs 107). Let's see if this keeps up. Last game we allowed 39 points to Kemba and 38 points in 4th quarter collapse that led to OT loss. That was back in November when defense was an afterthought. Things have changed.

Stopping Kemba and holding under 100 points will be objective tonight and not getting an eye poked out by Jeremy Lin's mohawk.
Funny thing is ... while Gay has been heeling, this team has been gellin'

OK sorry, I'll stop

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We're gonna garner more than usual interest just because tonight's game features the 2 new Players of the Week. Based on what I've seen recently, I think Rondo and George Karl (and whomever else seems to be involved in keeping these guys on point) have their work cut out for them. With the Wildcat Kings® on the same page, this should be a good game to extend the streak.

GO KINGS!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We're gonna garner more than usual interest just because tonight's game features the 2 new Players of the Week. Based on what I've seen recently, I think Rondo and George Karl (and whomever else seems to be involved in keeping these guys on point) have their work cut out for them. With the Wildcat Kings® on the same page, this should be a good game to extend the streak.

GO KINGS!
Given a certain other game going on tonight, I don't know if we're going to be given any attention at all :)

These are the kind of gift games that come around from time to time in the NBA. We are at full strength, playing our best basketball in YEARS, and they have practically half their team injured. You MUST come out and take care of business and take care of business early!

This game is not as easy as some are making it out to be- they won 2 in a row and 4 of their last 7, and they have done it without the guys missing today (MKG hasn't played this season, Jefferson has only played 19 games this year, Batum and Zeller didn't take part in their last 2 wins) so they proved they can be competitive without them, we are still the better team and should win this game but I doubt it will go as easy as some are expecting.