[Game] Kings v. Heat - Friday, Feb. 7 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Class from Bjelly

His passing has always been the best part of his game and it's rarely utilized by the Kings.

Bazemore is a strange fellow he's excellent cutting off the ball but the finishing leaves a lot to be desired, he plays the right way for the most part despite being out of control at the same time. His injection of energy/defense has been somewhat helpful is he wants to sign next year for 5mil or less I would take him back on the squad.

Last edited:
Small ball seems to be working for the Kings. They ran the Heat off the 3pt line all night. They were a little soft inside playing 3 guards a lot of the time. Bjelica was the center in the high post making some great passes and shooting from long range. Fox is making great penetration against nearly every team this year. 3 guards, SF and a PF is all you need against a lot of teams when the Kings shoot it well. They got out rebounded by about 6 boards. It did not matter. The defense and ball handling were pretty good. Giles is playing better but can't get the minutes.

So what happens when Mr. Holmes and MBIII return? We will see.

Small ball seems to be working for the Kings. They ran the Heat off the 3pt line all night. They were a little soft inside playing 3 guards a lot of the time. Bjelica was the center in the high post making some great passes and shooting from long range. Fox is making great penetration against nearly every team this year. 3 guards, SF and a PF is all you need against a lot of teams when the Kings shoot it well. They got out rebounded by about 6 boards. It did not matter. The defense and ball handling were pretty good. Giles is playing better but can't get the minutes.

So what happens when Mr. Holmes and MBIII return? We will see.
You still would have two 3pt shooters to kick out to, and then would have a pick n roll option with Fox and a big.

Bazemore reminds me of OKC Thabo in that he’s an awesome defensive role player who also happens to know that he is really bad at offense
I like Baze. I was actually a bit intrigued when I first heard the KINGS landed him in that trade. Probably cause he usually played really well against the KINGS more than anything else. But I do like his long arms, athleticism, defense, hustle and scrappiness.

My wife and I attended the game tonight, so I was able to watch off the ball. Baze is really good at knowing when to cut to the basket from the corner. Did it many times tonight. Sometimes they saw him, sometimes they missed on the pass, sometimes they hit it. But I like his constant movement and hustle.

I‘m actually excited to see how it goes when Baze and Richaun Holmes are on the floor together. Two guys that scrap and hustle and play defense.

Wow, visited by the ghost of last year's Kings - what scoring prowess......Good win - where are more of these games where they all seem to put it together? Giles defense and boxing-out suck, but his offensive sensibilities are outstanding.

Was not able to watch live. It was a nice win against a quality team with a great record. Even taking into account the players who missed the game on both teams!

Master Class from Bjelly

His passing has always been the best part of his game and it's rarely utilized by the Kings.

Bazemore is a strange fellow he's excellent cutting off the ball but the finishing leaves a lot to be desired, he plays the right way for the most part despite being out of control at the same time. His injection of energy/defense has been somewhat helpful is he wants to sign next year for 5mil or less I would take him back on the squad.
I think people have quickly forgotten how important he was on those really good Hawks teams. He was a major glue piece for doing what he did last night.

The ball movement this game was fantastic. I can't help but imagine what a stagnant team this will be with them trying to spoon-feed Bagley in the post when he returns. Ball movement, passing, shooting, and transition is where this team needs to focus. Move everybody who doesn't fit that philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.