[Game] Kings v. Heat - Friday, 2/8 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
His defense is good, so much better than what we have had to bear witness to on the wings. Wade got hot on him in the 1st half but Barnes knows how to play defense. On offense he needs to cut more instead of hanging out behind the line. He made a stupid entry pass but overall he makes good decisions with the ball. He needs to run harder in transition. He is not used to playing the pace we play. I will likely like Barnes for the extent of his tenure knowing we got him for nothing. He's like a free player and a definite upgrade even if overpaid. He is going to Top 3 for us in terms of getting to the free throw line with Fox and Bagley.
This team has a pretty high ceiling now in the defense department. When they get it going on all cylinders it's going to be something.

mind sharing what he said?
He said they went over nothing as far as end game scenarios.

He's just excellent on the mic being interviewed, will turn a mediocre question into a great answer.

At one point I think he quipped he was just trying to get the ball to buddy and stay out of the way.

The best exchange was, I forgot the question , it wasn't directly about this, I think it was like what did you see out there or something bland and he said "I gotta run real fast to keep up with De'Aaron, he's gonna keep me in good shape" or something to that effect and the reporter followed with "when did you realize this" and with a big grin he says "the second play, I was running up the court and all of a sudden he went flying past me and i had to catch up" or something like that.

This team has a pretty high ceiling now in the defense department. When they get it going on all cylinders it's going to be something.
I think so but I don't know where or if Bjelica fits in. I think Barnes is going to take his minutes. Barnes stays in front of his man on the perimeter. Bjelica not so much. Barnes is more switchable and probably rebounds as well. Barnes is also a methodical somewhat mechanical player. So you need more dynamic players on the floor with him. That's Boggy not Bjelica. So this team has a lot to sort out and not a lot of time to do it.

Thought the decision to put Barnes on Wade in the 4th quarter was what won us the game. He locked him him out in crunch time and had a few flat awesome defensive possessions against him. Wade was the catalyst that kept stopping our runs to get back in the game and once he was out of the picture, the Heat really struggled to create offense.

Barnes at the 4 is such a nice weapon to have when we need to match-up. Still provides floor spacing on the offensive end, but can defend the quicker 4's that Bjelica struggles with. Overall was really happy with how he played tonight, despite just 3-9 from the floor. Played great defense, ran the floor, created when he needed to and had a few great hustle plays.

Miami is about the absolute worst case scenario for Bagley and Giles at this point. Their whole team is a bunch of long, big defensive-minded players who are all mainly veterans. They just dont have the strength to compete yet to compete with their size. So considering how important those 2 have been to our success and how they basically got neutralized in this match-up, nice to still sneak this win.

WCS has to figure out how to play a whole game. He was complete trash for the first 42 minutes of the game, but was a huge reason we were able to secure the win in his final rotation with how well he played defensively as he just absolutely shut down the paint. It's so incredibly frustrating because he has all the ability to do that for 30 minutes, but for whatever reason, he just doesnt.

I think so but I don't know where or if Bjelica fits in. I think Barnes is going to take his minutes. Barnes stays in front of his man on the perimeter. Bjelica not so much. Barnes is more switchable and probably rebounds as well. Barnes is also a methodical somewhat mechanical player. So you need more dynamic players on the floor with him. That's Boggy not Bjelica. So this team has a lot to sort out and not a lot of time to do it.
I agree with this. I think we will definitely see Barnes playing a little bit at the 4 just like coach liked to go with the 3 guard lineup with JJ at the 4. Unless Belly starts consistently giving us a few threes a game, I feel like he’s going to get lost in the shuffle. Marvin will be getting at least 25 min a night. Giles at least 15 or 20. I think Barnes seems like the type of steady player that coach loves and will ride him pretty big minutes and so he’ll do what he has to to keep him on the floor.

I like how De'Aaron Fox attack the basket. Even though he got blocked several times. There is one time, it was clearly a foul because the HEAT's player clearly hit his arm but refs missed it. The team need to play better, too many one on one and failing to see open man and not passing to open man. Bagley need to learn to stop jumping in the air, kind of remind me of Jordan Bell....have a tendency to get fake out too easily. Giles was playing great and hustling as usual. Burk was what I expected...the ability to attack the basket. The team need to run more play for him and let him play the QB because he is another playmaker for the team. Barnes is great as usual but again....the team still haven't practiced that much with him.....hopefully, the next game, they play better as far as passing and playing defense. Bogi struggled for like 3 quarters. He sucks on defense keep letting guys run by him....his defense is pretty lacking and cost the team. But he bring some fire power at the end. Buddy is the player of the game, clutch as usual. I like the lineup that the coach had at the end there....playing Barnes as the PF and Cauley-Stein as Center for rebounding and Bogi and Hield as the sharpshooters with Fox as the QB. This is a clutch lineup. But i wouldn't mind replacing Cauley-Stein with Bagley either. Bagley just didn't play well in this game. Give the HEAT credit, they're a good defensive team.

so regarding the 19-2 run in 6:30 min to win the game: 94-83 to 96-102

Kings: Buddy7,Barnes 4,Bogie 3,fox 2, Willie 3 (Our 6 min Death Line up LOL)
7pts were FT, no 3pts, 6 made 2pts
We shot 6 for 11 , 54%

but Mia went 1 for 11, missed 5 2pts , missed 5 3pt, missed 2 ft
Willie 3 blocks
They shot 1 for 11 , 9%

So of the 10 misses, 3 were willie blocks

So it was our defense, and Miami Brick-a-thon that allowed us to win
As well as our 54% shooting, and 7 made FT

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!

[
Don't worry about it. The Miami zone turned Fox into a 2-guard tonight, which is not his game. He's A-OK.
Positivity is great but I think it’s safe to say fox hasn’t looked great the last few weeks. He’s still making an impact, but the sure fire franchise star we saw earlier in the season hasn’t been there. Can’t complain because we got the win though. Just not sure what to make of him right now.

I’m impressed by Barnes’ quick release on his shot.

Shooting percentage is one factor when spreading the floor, but if you can get your shot off quickly, it means the defender has to be that much closer to you.

This was such an ugly game until the end that I had to turn the TV off more than once. Then I would sneak back to see if the Kings had started to play better. With the changes in our player personnel, I didn't expect the game to be beautiful. But so many of our players were just playing terribly! And then somehow the Cardiac Kings took control. Barnes and Burks looked promising.

Also, he mentioned some of the stuff we noticed - notably the bad matchup that was Marvin and J Johnson and such.... and how they finally figured out how to adjust to it. Glad we have a coach who can identify stuff like this, even if I can't understand some of the decisions he makes.
Playoff level adjustments right there

Great win despite not being a great game. I really can’t complain about the team winning a game they trailed for 46 minutes + while not playing well. In a way, it’s actually a good sign.

One thing I noticed again with De’Aaron that I’d like to see him work on finishing more with his right hand. He was blocked twice tonight bringing the ball back to his left hand when extending with his right would have avoided the shot blocker. Other that, I love how he attacks the rim.

And Buddy — Making the hustle plays when it matters most. That’s exactly why he’s more than just a good shooter. The mark of a truly good player is when they still can impact a game despite struggling with their own offense. Buddy didn’t struggle tonight, but his ability to rebound and make hustle plays made a difference.

Team is real deep you got guys coming off the bench or playing limited minutes like Burks/Giles/Bagley/Bjelica who can all win you a game in a quarter and plus you got Yogi who's been playing as solid as any back up PG. I don't think back to back's are going to much of a problem now, before they were basically a penciled in loss.

Loved what I saw from Burks tonight I think he's the most underrated move of the season, the guy does things literally no one in the NBA can do attacking the rim.

Barnes is just solid all around know's how to play from his days at UNC and Golden State I also noticed WCS barely got the ball now on offense which is a great thing and in the 2nd half he played solid D after a awful first.

Last edited:
Wow, thats what I call a signature win!! Down 17 with 2 new rotation players and Shumpert traded. Seems like the Scores will stay the Scores.

Barnes looks like a very good fit. Just by being 6-8 230 pounds he unlocks so much. Kings can now go small, maximize spacing and still defend and rebound. Imagine this: He played the most minutes without knowing the playbook. Fox-Buddy-Bogi-Barnes around a C is going to be fun closing games!

Burks also gives a nice sparkplug of the bench. Nice slashing game.

As long as both can commit to continue moving the ball, we're in for a fun ride.

so regarding the 19-2 run in 6:30 min to win the game: 94-83 to 96-102

Kings: Buddy7,Barnes 4,Bogie 3,fox 2, Willie 3 (Our 6 min Death Line up LOL)
7pts were FT, no 3pts, 6 made 2pts
We shot 6 for 11 , 54%

but Mia went 1 for 11, missed 5 2pts , missed 5 3pt, missed 2 ft
Willie 3 blocks
They shot 1 for 11 , 9%

So of the 10 misses, 3 were willie blocks

So it was our defense, and Miami Brick-a-thon that allowed us to win
As well as our 54% shooting, and 7 made FT

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!

Our defense won this game.

I want him gone and I want him gone now. I'm absolutely done with this clown and I'm also done hiding my feelings from any Willie apologists still hanging around here. This dude does not belong on our team and personally I don't think he'll be in the league in a few years. Better men will overtake him and there are plenty. This is absolutely pathetic, but I'm not surprised. Totally classless. Goodbye. And yes, I'll tolerate him for now and if he wants to help us make a run, fine. But I'm totally done with this low IQ clown. Ship him out... except probably nobody wants him. This joker claims he wants a big contract. Suck it Willie. Just go suck it. Retire. Now. you could have gone after that board/put back/anything. I want him GONE GONE GONE. I'M 100% DONE.

I will be harassing, insulting, making fun of, ridiculing, humiliating, and explaining why Willie Cauley-Stein belongs nowhere near our team going forward. I'm not making any more excuses for him or explaining away all of his super negative, demoralizing comments. And any Willie supporters I will be fully arguing against from here on out. I've seen, and heard, enough. This is NOT a person you go to battle with.

He's living in the clouds if he thinks he can get near 20M next year. If he can, by all means, enjoy. We sure as hell won't be be paying that. He's literally the 7th on the depth chart (Fox, Bagley, Buddy, Barnes, Bogi, Giles... THEN Willie) lol. 20M my ass. That's MY MONEY you fool. GTFO. Good RIDDANCE.

I don't care about any "stats". I don't care about anything other than what my eyes tell me. Good. BYE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.