[Game] Kings v. Hawks - Thursday March 22 - 7 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wouldn't necessarily blame that on "Howdy Doody". That stuff happens ALL THE TIME. It doesn't matter what sport. Heck, you could be watching a hockey game, and they'd start running through basketball results, or whatever sport they wanna talk about at that time.

Yes, it is annoying, but it's not an exclusively "Howdy Doody" kinda annoying...
Excuse me? I make every effort NOT to hear the score and I would not have heard the score except for the comment he made. I'll blame it on Howdy Doody because there's no other way I would have seen/heard it. Thanks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
103-90 with 2:03 left. Looks like Kings are gonna walk away with the win. (INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY: Outside, all is quiet so the fans who were able to attend should be able to leave and get to their cars with no problem.)

Gotta wonder if some of those folks who sat downstairs for the first time are now hooked. I know I was. ;)
Wait until they are able to sit on Kings Row 1, though ;) Then they'll REALLY be hooked...

I've sat down there many times in the past (in the old barn, not in the G1C. And I probably will never sit down there in the G1C, unless I strike gold one day). No doubt in my mind that those are absolutely THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wait until they are able to sit on Kings Row 1, though ;) Then they'll REALLY be hooked...

BTW: Sat down there many times in the past. No doubt in my mind that those are absolutely THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE...
I sat in the second row once. I didn't like it. I'm short and our seats were behind the visitor's bench where players and others stand. My view was obstructed for at least 25% of the game.

I sat in the second row once. I didn't like it. I'm short and our seats were behind the visitor's bench where players and others stand. My view was obstructed for at least 25% of the game.
Just to clarify...I am talking about the seats on the other side (across from the benches and scorers table).

I don't think I would enjoy seats in the 2nd row where you sat because of the obstructed view as well. And, also, because I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed sitting in the 1st row. I think you would have had a much different, and better, experience if your seat was in the very first row and across from the benches and scorers table.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: I just posted a tweet with Vivek's speech. It's in a separate thread. I think it's important that we know what he said but in keeping with our rule about not discussing politics, we're not going to open it up to additional comments.

Because I go n by the ADA entrance on L street we got in and saw the game. Very pleasant and very strange experience. JJ was high point man probably for the first time. Had free ice cream and coffee. Sat in my regular plaza level seats. Since I have to watch the game through binoculars it does me no good to sit up close. We were almost all alone in our high perch. Ice cream was good, though. And we won. Vivek, with all the players around him, gave a very appropriate speech. Good for him. Good for the Kings. The event cost the Kings some big bucks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
103-90 with 2:03 left. Looks like Kings are gonna walk away with the win. (INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY: Outside, all is quiet so the fans who were able to attend should be able to leave and get to their cars with no problem.)
I was in the arena - showed up at club entrance right at 5:30 and had ZERO CLUE about what was going on outside. Suddenly realized it was like 7PM and the camera guys weren't lining up to film the Kings running out to the court... then went to the seats - place is empty, no anthem, no intros, no video on the big board... it was spooky.

Then based on sporadic twitter notices about protests - and knowing that there must be 10K plus angry people outside, my buddy and I were really wondering whether they were going to let us out when it was over.

Surreal completely surreal.

The game.
Good for Justin. He's showing us something. Even if we draft a small forward, Justin is showing us that he can be a valueable member of this team. He has to get stronger, though. Doesn't look like he's made any progress on that front over the course of the season.
Fox and Willie were not bright spots last night. Mason was, along with Bogi and Buddy.
I didn't mind seeing VC get some minutes.
Bruno has some potential. I think we owe it to ourselves to give him 20+ min a game for the remainder of the season. See if he or Sampson get the 13th spot next year. I wonder if by not playing Bruno much, the strategy may be (in part) that he will sign a 2-way contract with us for next year?

Fell asleep in the 3rd quarter but I live in Ohio now.

Thought I would be disappointed with not having a couple of 20ppg scorers but a team that has balanced scoring isn’t so bad.

Yes sitting downstairs is so much better. I had season tickets almost at the top of the lower level and it was not to bad. I am talking about back in the early 90’s.
I would check with the ticket folks every year to see what had opened up and got lucky and found a single seat on the rail and a end corner one. I got together with the guy behind me and we traded seats. He got a extra seat in the front row in front of him and i got a couple of seats in the second row for a few games.

It was very nice to have the players so close you could he what they were saying.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Absolutely garbage on so many different levels.

Here are Schroder's minutes for last 10 games:

Now there's a man that needs his rest! And the guy is 24 years old. With those kind of sweat-shop work conditions, I'm protesting! That's abuse! It's a tragedy that this guy is so overworked. My heart goes to his family and my sympathies go to men like him everywhere. It's unjust. (I'm crying as I type this; man's inhumanity to man does that to me). The NBA needs to form a committee on the abusive work conditions of their employees!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Absolutely garbage on so many different levels.

Here are Schroder's minutes for last 10 games:

Now there's a man that needs his rest! And the guy is 24 years old. With those kind of sweat-shop work conditions, I'm protesting! That's abuse! It's a tragedy that this guy is so overworked. My heart goes to his family and my sympathies go to men like him everywhere. It's unjust. (I'm crying as I type this; man's inhumanity to man does that to me). The NBA needs to form a committee on the abusive work conditions of their employees!
Hawks had to sit out Schroder because of his career high 41 points versus the Jazz...they wouldn't want him to replicate a performance like that and end up getting the W versus the Kings, wise decision by the coaching staff & front office.

Just to clarify...I am talking about the seats on the other side (across from the benches and scorers table).

I don't think I would enjoy seats in the 2nd row where you sat because of the obstructed view as well. And, also, because I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed sitting in the 1st row. I think you would have had a much different, and better, experience if your seat was in the very first row and across from the benches and scorers table.
Back in the day we had that section, front row center court (the Lukenbills sat beside us, 4 from center, I may have had a crush on their daughter and ultimately wound up dating one of their neighbors). Spoiled rotten as a child. Eventually center court became the third or fourth row, and my mom gave up her share of those seats the season before the glory years saying "they will never be any good". ugggh. I was in Boston at that point so no terrible loss.

I was able to go to a Blazers game last year and had front row beneath the basket which was pretty cool. I was pretty surprised they let us on the court after the game to take pictures which I thought was pretty neat.

That said, there's something to be said from the back of the house. I went to a Kings (hockey) game at Staples Center and was at the very top of the arena and felt like I got a neat view of the game you could never get on TV. And I usually watch the Timbers matches in the very back row of the stadium as well.

Hawks had to sit out Schroder because of his career high 41 points versus the Jazz...they wouldn't want him to replicate a performance like that and end up getting the W versus the Kings, wise decision by the coaching staff & front office.
Wow, I did not realize Schroder sat out until now. Guess the Hawks are resting him for the playoffs. That is garbage.
Basically we played a team that C.K. McClatchy could beat, so congratulations on the win and Woopty Doo Jackson scored a season/team high.

Back in the day we had that section, front row center court (the Lukenbills sat beside us, 4 from center, I may have had a crush on their daughter and ultimately wound up dating one of their neighbors). Spoiled rotten as a child. Eventually center court became the third or fourth row, and my mom gave up her share of those seats the season before the glory years saying "they will never be any good". ugggh. I was in Boston at that point so no terrible loss.

I was able to go to a Blazers game last year and had front row beneath the basket which was pretty cool. I was pretty surprised they let us on the court after the game to take pictures which I thought was pretty neat.

That said, there's something to be said from the back of the house. I went to a Kings (hockey) game at Staples Center and was at the very top of the arena and felt like I got a neat view of the game you could never get on TV. And I usually watch the Timbers matches in the very back row of the stadium as well.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I sat "at the back of the house" many times in the past. As a matter of fact, when we had season tickets in the early 2000s, our seats consisted of 4 folding chairs that were placed next to the very last row of the upper bowl in Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train. And, trust me when I say this, those were GREAT seats. The view was fantastic. It also helped, however, that the arena was compact, so you felt as if you were close to the action no matter where you sat.

I just prefer to sit a little lower/closer, and never minded the front row seats when I sat down there. I actually almost prefer to be lower because, as I said, I always felt like I was part of the action slightly more when I sat a few rows down. Most of the time, when I didn't sit all the way in the last row, on the folding chair(s), I was either on Kings Row 1, or in a box/suite (Pepsi or Bud). A few times, I found myself in another part of the lower level, but very rarely did that happen.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bought through stubhub. Just called and they don't know what they are going to do but it didn't sound like I was getting a refund :(

I don't really care about the sunk cost but it was going to be my nieces first Kings game.
This is the only real objection I've ever really had to any team resting any players, for any reason: you never know when/if a game is going to be somebody's first game, and there's something to be said for the notion of giving full faith and credit to the consumer.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I sat "at the back of the house" many times in the past. As a matter of fact, when we had season tickets in the early 2000s, our seats consisted of 4 folding chairs that were placed next to the very last row of the upper bowl in Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train. And, trust me when I say this, those were GREAT seats. The view was fantastic. It also helped, however, that the arena was compact, so you felt as if you were close to the action no matter where you sat.

I just prefer to sit a little lower/closer, and never minded the front row seats when I sat down there. I actually almost prefer to be lower because, as I said, I always felt like I was part of the action slightly more when I sat a few rows down. Most of the time, when I didn't sit all the way in the last row, on the folding chair(s), I was either on Kings Row 1, or in a box/suite (Pepsi or Bud). A few times, I found myself in another part of the lower level, but very rarely did that happen.
For me the coolest part about sitting in the 100 level and closer to the floor is you can really appreciate the physical presence of the players. It's like a mega-tv view but 100x more real (because well, you're there).

But the higher up you go I think you can really study the games in ways you can't on TV.

If I ever had season tickets I think I'd have a hard time choosing. It's the one thing I generally like about having GA tickets to the soccer matches.

This is the only real objection I've ever really had to any team resting any players, for any reason: you never know when/if a game is going to be somebody's first game, and there's something to be said for the notion of giving full faith and credit to the consumer.
I swear before we traded him, the Kings rested Boogie in all the late season Portland games and it was pretty devastating. He also missed 3 of the games I got to see in Sac, including both of the near Christmas games we did on the board that I got to go to.

The best seat, in my opinion, that I ever had at any sporting event, that I would consider was "at the back of the house", was for game 1 of the 2012 World Series in San Francisco. Those seats, actually, were also given to us by a few Bud reps (thanks to my dad for owning a liquor store for many years, and establishing those awesome relationships that allowed him to be given all those awesome tickets over the years). The seats for that game were actually, literally, the 2nd row from the very back of the upper deck, behind home plate. I had a breathtaking view out past the outfield, and into the bay. It was amazing.

I've been to quite a few hockey games in my life, but never in a seat located in the upper bowl...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.