[Game] Kings v. Hawks - Thursday March 22 - 7 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the coolest part about sitting in the 100 level and closer to the floor is you can really appreciate the physical presence of the players. It's like a mega-tv view but 100x more real (because well, you're there).

But the higher up you go I think you can really study the games in ways you can't on TV.

If I ever had season tickets I think I'd have a hard time choosing. It's the one thing I generally like about having GA tickets to the soccer matches.
I totally get your point, and it is well respected. For me, however, if I were to ever invest in season tickets in any way, shape, or form (which I intend to do once I move back to the area), I would probably grab tickets closer to the action as opposed to further back. Just because of the simple fact that, personally, I love to sit closer to the action.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I totally get your point, and it is well respected. For me, however, if I were to ever invest in season tickets in any way, shape, or form (which I intend to do once I move back to the area), I would probably grab tickets closer to the action as opposed to further back. Just because of the simple fact that, personally, I love to sit closer to the action.
I mean in some ways you get what you can get and you get what you can afford, I suppose I'd also be buying tickets to a team that is at best third place in my heart, which is a strange proposition.

I do enjoy going to the games and in some ways it's just a community thing. I don't really need to wine and dine folks in my current lifestyle and doubt I ever will.

This is the only real objection I've ever really had to any team resting any players, for any reason: you never know when/if a game is going to be somebody's first game, and there's something to be said for the notion of giving full faith and credit to the consumer.
Yeah. She was pretty upset about it. I ended up just taking her to see Sherlock Gnomes which wasn't that bad if anyone was wondering about it.

I sit close now, but the most exciting basketball season I ever enjoyed was at Arco when I was in 201 row J, and I didn't feel like I was missing out at all. I could just afford to go to more games. There are advantages to both... it is nice to have a $25 NBA ticket, and it's nice to sit in $200 seats. Both are nice.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I could swear that in 1991-1992 those front row center court tickets were $30 face.

The pair of tickets I won at my son's auction for front row behind the basket were allegedly over 2k for the set. Included parking and maybe a few other throw ins so I don't know for sure. It was the first and only time I've ever driven to the arena here.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I sit close now, but the most exciting basketball season I ever enjoyed was at Arco when I was in 201 row J, and I didn't feel like I was missing out at all. I could just afford to go to more games. There are advantages to both... it is nice to have a $25 NBA ticket, and it's nice to sit in $200 seats. Both are nice.
One of the things I really like about going to WNBA games (aside from the fact that I legitimately enjoy WNBA basketball) is the fact that Pops can get season tickets to the Dream for under $400 for the same seats that would cost a couple grand to see the Hawks. The last time I went to see the Kings play the Hawks in Atlanta, the seats I paid for in the 300 section were double the price of what I would have been charged for seats in the 100s for a Dream game, at box office.

I'm glad the Kings did this and did it quickly. Simply because it was the right thing to do for the paying customer.
well they haven't done it and done it quickly yet... it isn't clear whether people who bought on Stubhub, Vivid, SeatGeek, etc... are covered or out of luck. But it was good that they conveyed an intention to make it good in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.