• Making sure Mike Dunleavy doesn't hit Boogie's junk

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Omri flat out is not a guy that would fake an injury or go along with a plan to sit him with a phantom ailment. It's not part of his mental makeup.
If his agent or the team tells him its necessary to move him it might be.

Omri was a major component of the team in the locker room last year, but there was almost an unwelcome mat thrown out for him this year, and he has been on the outside looking in. They asked for a trade a month into the season. And for Omri a trade to the right team could literally be worth $10+ million. That's a lot of motivation to take it easy, and a "he's hurt" scratch is a lot better for his rep, trade chances, and FA chances, than a he's healthy but benched thing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know whether we can "afford" to pay him, but he's going to get paid, anyway. There's just more money than there are good players to give it to.
I realize he will get paid regardless. Vlade has a decision to make though moving forward though with him. He will be here at the very least until 2019, unless something drastic happens in the offseason.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
that's what happens when a franchise relies on one player to do every thing on his own. seems to be like he is crashing and burning, that high usage rate is killing the team flow. Anyone can see that.
silly silly.

Here are the facts:

1) Cousins' TO rate had been EASILY the very best of his entire career.

2) Then Rudy went down and teams started doubling Cousins with absolute impunity. Along with knowing he new offense better Cousins began passing and passing up a storm. He's averaging more assists than supposed paasing wunderkin Nikola Jokic since Christmas. But with all the passes and doubles have come inevitable turnovers for the same reason that Westbrook and Harden rack up 5+ TOs a game.

If his agent or the team tells him its necessary to move him it might be.

Omri was a major component of the team in the locker room last year, but there was almost an unwelcome mat thrown out for him this year, and he has been on the outside looking in. They asked for a trade a month into the season. And for Omri a trade to the right team could literally be worth $10+ million. That's a lot of motivation to take it easy, and a "he's hurt" scratch is a lot better for his rep, trade chances, and FA chances, than a he's healthy but benched thing.
Lawson might not actually be hurt either then. He's already played on a good enough level to warrant a contract. Why risk injury playing more games with the Kings?

I really don't see your logic at all. If Casspi was healthy, I think he would be playing. His value has tanked this year due to Joerger benching him. Right now, Rudy is out. Temple is out. It would be the perfect opportunity to come and ball out.

This speculation comes out of nowhere.. just because there were rumors that he requested a trade earlier in the season? hmm ok.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If Matt ever does decided this is his last year and he's going to go out swinging, I have the perfect candidate for the receiving end of that punch. :)
He almost told Barnes to "Shut up" before stopping himself when he was ranting earlier. Said something along the lines of "Players just need to sh... keep quiet." I thought to myself, "Yeah Grant. Go tell Matt Barnes to shut up and see what happens."

silly silly.

Here are the facts:

2) Then Rudy went down and teams started doubling Cousins with absolute impunity. Along with knowing he new offense better Cousins began passing and passing up a storm. He's averaging more assists than supposed paasing wunderkin Nikola Jokic since Christmas. But with all the passes and doubles have come inevitable turnovers for the same reason that Westbrook and Harden rack up 5+ TOs a game.
Brick, have you watched this game? All of his TOs this game have not come from passing. They've come from straight up playing lazy. 2 TOs came from him getting the ball poked away as he was driving. Another came when Dwight stole the ball on a drive. Another came from him trying to force a shot, then getting stolen.

The turnovers in this game have come from pure sloppiness and doing too much. He's playing really sloppy

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Brick, have you watched this game? All of his TOs this game have not come from passing. They've come from straight up playing lazy. 2 TOs came from him getting the ball poked away as he was driving. Another came when Dwight stole the ball on a drive. Another came from him trying to force a shot, then getting stolen.

The turnovers in this game have come from pure sloppiness and doing too much. He's playing really sloppy
This game =/= every other game.

It's clear this one is because his head isn't in the right place tonight. Nearly every other game Brick is right on the money.

He almost told Barnes to "Shut up" before stopping himself when he was ranting earlier. Said something along the lines of "Players just need to sh... keep quiet." I thought to myself, "Yeah Grant. Go tell Matt Barnes to shut up and see what happens."
I don't get why people are complaining about Grant this game... what did he say so horrible? He made a correct call about the non-call on Cousins being an actual block? He called Matt Barnes out for being dumb as **** and getting an unnecessary tech? He's calling the team out for coming out flat? Doug did that too.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't get why people are complaining about Grant this game... what did he say so horrible? He made a correct call about the non-call on Cousins being an actual block? He called Matt Barnes out for being dumb as **** and getting an unnecessary tech? He's calling the team out for coming out flat? Doug did that too.
It's where he picks and chooses his battles and how he goes about it. He's a total **** and I'm sick of it.

Guarantee if/when Collison or Kufos whines about a play Grant doesn't say a word.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
silly silly.

Here are the facts:

I understand all that. However, there is more to it than just the turnovers. It's the body language on the floor. Draining your teammates effort in the process. What's silly is you not allowing yourself to believe that moving forward, you can't have your franchise player be a mentally weak player.

There's definitely no comeback this time. We look like utter crap. Like we would rather be anywhere else, especially Cousins. He's seems more interested in injuring Schroeder than anything else.

What up with Cousins today? This is the worst he's played in a really really long time. Really hope it's just an off-game, and not something lingering him

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What up with Cousins today? This is the worst he's played in a really really long time. Really hope it's just an off-game, and not something lingering him
We'll definitely see with the next game. He's prone to one or two of these "walking corpse" games a year.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We have to bench him right now though. Cuz just did nothing after missing that last shot, just turned and slowly walked while the rebound was still in play. He isn't helping anyone right now. Not himself, not the team, not anyone.

Millsap is just having his way with Cousins. Cousins throws up junk in the lane, mopes and stays back, Atlanta gets an easy fastbreak basket. Just get him out of the game please.

Status
Not open for further replies.