[Game] Kings v. Grizzlies - 12/31/16 - 2PT/5ET

I think you do Cousins a big disservice. He is not the selfish egomaniac you make him out to be, but perhaps you have to live in the area to hear about a lot of the stuff he does that the national (and even local) media just somehow overlooks.
I am aware of what he does in the community. He is a good guy with good heart especially with regards to the youth. He can also be a bully with a vicious temper and sour disposition. My assessment of him, complimentary of his outstanding play this season, recognizing his flaws and strengths, more accurately reflects reality than someone who overlooks or defends him at every turn including a nightclub brawl and bragging about the punch he landed in the aftermath, and getting up in the face of a 60 year old man and cursing him out for an innocuous blurb in a column no one reads. If anyone does him a disservice, it is those who excuse away bad behavior because he's good at putting a ball in a hoop.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am aware of what he does in the community. He is a good guy with good heart especially with regards to the youth. He can also be a bully with a vicious temper and sour disposition. My assessment of him, complimentary of his outstanding play this season, recognizing his flaws and strengths, more accurately reflects reality than someone who overlooks or defends him at every turn including a nightclub brawl and bragging about the punch he landed in the aftermath, and getting up in the face of a 60 year old man and cursing him out for an innocuous blurb in a column no one reads. If anyone does him a disservice, it is those who excuse away bad behavior because he's good at putting a ball in a hoop.
The 60-year old you're referring to wasn't somebody's innocent grandpa. It's obvious, however, that you see things one way and I see them another so I'll stop now. I will say, however, that I think way too much emphasis is being placed on Furillo's age. He's being treated as though living for six decades automatically makes one vulnerable, feeble and perhaps somewhat dotty. He was using his pen as a weapon so he should not have been surprised when it came back and bit him in the arse, so to speak.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think you do Cousins a big disservice. He is not the selfish egomaniac you make him out to be, but perhaps you have to live in the area to hear about a lot of the stuff he does that the national (and even local) media just somehow overlooks.
To whom are you referring?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This old Pete D'Alessandro talking point? Isaiah, Gay, and Cousins were a legitimate big 3, but our starting SG was Ben McLemore and our bench leaders were guys like Travis Outlaw, Derrick Williams, and Carl Landry, so of course we didn't win any games.
Whooop. There it is...

Also, please note we have a separate thread in the NBA forum for discussion of Isaiah Thomas.

The 60-year old you're referring to wasn't somebody's innocent grandpa. It's obvious, however, that you see things one way and I see them another so I'll stop now. I will say, however, that I think way too much emphasis is being placed on Furillo's age. He's being treated as though living for six decades automatically makes one vulnerable, feeble and perhaps somewhat dotty. He was using his pen as a weapon so he should not have been surprised when it came back and bit him in the arse, so to speak.
He was using his pen as a weapon? Give me a break. Here's the blurb that set Boogie off:

For Cousins, this is his second late-night outing on the club circuit this year that ended badly. In May, TMZ caught him at The DrYnk in Tampa with his younger brother, Jaleel. The celebrity gossip website reported that he and his brother were trying to get into the club’s DJ area when a confrontation broke out. Jaleel wound up getting shocked with a Taser and arrested while friends hustled DeMarcus out of the place.
If Andy Furillo stated something factually incorrect, that's one thing. If he stated something unrelated to Boogie (he was at club in NY and FL), that's one thing. If he added negative commentary about Jaleel rooted in speculation or slander, that's one thing. He did none of that. Your characterization of what happened is wrong. Accordingly, it is understandable you'd want to excuse yourself from this debate, since there's no coherent defense of his disproportionate emotional outburst.

He was using his pen as a weapon? Give me a break. Here's the blurb that set Boogie off:

If Andy Furillo stated something factually incorrect, that's one thing. If he stated something unrelated to Boogie (he was at club in NY and FL), that's one thing. If he added negative commentary about Jaleel rooted in speculation or slander, that's one thing. He did none of that. Your characterization of what happened is wrong. Accordingly, it is understandable you'd want to excuse yourself from this debate, since there's no coherent defense of his disproportionate emotional outburst.
Furillo needs to stick to reporting on sports. The only reason to report these incidents is because Boogie is famous. Otherwise print it with the crime statitics. If you poke the bear you get growled at;)

Furillo needs to stick to reporting on sports. The only reason to report these incidents is because Boogie is famous. Otherwise print it with the crime statitics. If you poke the bear you get growled at;)
If two players on only pro sports team in town get into nightclub brawl, including its best player, I think it is fair game for a columnist to offer an opinion about it. In fact Boogie did NOT have a problem with Furillo commenting about him. He said don't talk about his brother. Except what he said about his brother was not slanderous or untrue. It was a fact and the dude lost his marbles. Jeez, I can't believe I have to spell this all out, and there are those who want to try to validate his mindless conduct.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, Furillo needs to quit trying to report on sports and go back to the crime beat.

If two players on only pro sports team in town get into nightclub brawl, including its best player, I think it is fair game for a columnist to offer an opinion about it. In fact Boogie did NOT have a problem with Furillo commenting about him. He said don't talk about his brother. Except what he said about his brother was not slanderous or untrue. It was a fact and the dude lost his marbles. Jeez, I can't believe I have to spell this all out, and there are those who want to try to validate his mindless conduct.
You poke the bear..................:D