[Game] Kings v. Cavaliers - Thursday, April 4 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Post-game interview with Joerger:

Sean Cunningham Did you feel from an effort or execution POV that tonight was all that different from the last game?
Joerger: The Houston game?
SC: Yeah.
Joerger: Yeah, Cleveland's not as good. (Joerger chuckles.) Sorry, Sean. I'm just messing with you.

I like that. Joerger went on to say that the effort was better. He said, "I'll tell you what we are...we're just exhausted. Young legs, young minds. This is not about us finishing the season. This is about us saying this is what we want to be about." He also said one of their focuses going forward is going to be doing better in back-to-backs.

He mentioned also the difference between playing to the level of the competition vs. setting a standard and saying this is the kind of game we want to play.

I don't care what anyone says. Dave Joerger is the PERFECT coach for our Kings.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kayte talking about how distracting Slamson can be, saying he rubbed his paw on her leg right as she went on camera.

Jerry (totally deadpan): There's nothing worse than being pawed.

Kayte cracks up.

How can anybody not love the whole package that is the Sacramento Kings?
The most minor of complaints, I wish ol’ JR was a few years younger because I miss the hell out of him every night. It’s sad he won’t get a full season of these new (Hopefully) glory years

Glad the Kings won, but I'm disappointed that they are playing to the level of the competition (except for the Rockets). Not a great way to end the season. And it'll be the difference between finishing under .500 or at/above .500. Yeah, I'm thrilled about our season. But I'd be more thrilled if we ended strong.

Someone posted that they didn't see Buddy as a real 20 pt/game NBA player. I didn't have time to respond to it when I saw it, and now I'm too tired to go in search of it. But I sure think that's a curious observation. If a player plays the entire season and averages 20 pts/game, what the heck are they if they're not a real 20 pt/game player? Somebody slap me and wake me up from this alternate universe.

On the Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion. Not only that I am a Kings fan.

The Kings played well enought to win, but their performance was mediocre especially on defense. Their rebounding was bad. Coach says they need a rest. Okay after next week.

I am very thankful that Brewer got up from that fall.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pretty much what we both said the other day.
which is why the Kings coaching staff needs to desperately implement half court offense sets and drill it all training camp, preseason, etc. this style of play is fun to watch when it's clicking, but it's not sustainable throughout a 82 game season and it clearly has shown its ugly head post all-star

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Post-game interview with Joerger:

Sean Cunningham Did you feel from an effort or execution POV that tonight was all that different from the last game?
Joerger: The Houston game?
SC: Yeah.
Joerger: Yeah, Cleveland's not as good. (Joerger chuckles.) Sorry, Sean. I'm just messing with you.

I like that. Joerger went on to say that the effort was better. He said, "I'll tell you what we are...we're just exhausted. Young legs, young minds. This is not about us finishing the season. This is about us saying this is what we want to be about." He also said one of their focuses going forward is going to be doing better in back-to-backs.

He mentioned also the difference between playing to the level of the competition vs. setting a standard and saying this is the kind of game we want to play.

I don't care what anyone says. Dave Joerger is the PERFECT coach for our Kings.
I agree that keeping Joerger would be a good move for the Kings. One has to make a strong case why another (currently unknown) coach would be worth throwing a monkey wrench into the continuity and growth of the younger players on this team. Another factor to consider in the coaching decision is FA. It's hard for me to see how the Kings would have a better chance of attracting FAs if they fire Joerger. After firing him, and getting major flack from the media for doing so, they would have to bring in some major coaching name to overcome the stigma, and I doubt they would be willing to spend to do that.

I thought the effort in this game was terrible. The defense was a joke on both sides. Just look at all the scoring in the paint on both sides. It was laughable, more like a lazy scrimmage than a real game. (I am soooo looking forward to WCS being gone on this team). I didn't watch this game in "real time" and I'm glad I didn't. I fast-forwarded through most of the 2nd half. I'm not as irritated now about the Giles' shut down because this team has pretty much shut down and the learning isn't going to be nearly as great with a team that's thinking more about their summer plans than finishing strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.