Kings trade Tyrese and Buddy for Sabonis and Holiday and Lamb

Man, I hate seeing Hali go, but we got a fundamental Big back. Sabonis reminds me of watching TIm Duncan play with a 3 point shot. The best part of this trade is not watching Buddy Heild turnover the ball, or let people fly by him on defense.
OMG, what a relief. Like I said before, for every point he scored, he gave up the same amount on the other end. This has haunted the Kings for years because he was a starter.

You mean Monte. Odds are he is fired in 2 years.
No doubt. He pushed his chips in to build a winner in 2 years that'll keep Sabonis on board and leaving in UFA. I think that's his timeline at this point; he'll get the remainder of the Sabonis contract to turn this around. If Sabonis re-ups, it's very likely things are going well. If he heads into UFA without a contract, Monte failed spectacularly

No doubt. He pushed his chips in to build a winner in 2 years that'll keep Sabonis on board and leaving in UFA. I think that's his timeline at this point; he'll get the remainder of the Sabonis contract to turn this around.
Never underestimate desperation.

Just imagine the haul we’re going to get for him in exactly two years when we still suck and we try to recoup our losses from some other desperate renter.
Monte doesn't care. He won't be here.

Vivek on the other hand? I hope he bleeds $$$ and is forced to sell.

It may never work out, but why are so many fans behaving like trading minimal assets for a 25-year-old all-star is going to lock the Kings in some kind of purgatory? They didn't trade for the tail end of some overrated star's prime.
mostly because those of us complaining are pointing out this team isn’t a fantasy team and the pieces have to fit. Sabonis is a fine player whose strengths are posting up and passing out of the post to shooters. We have point guards who are best driving to the rim not as catch and shoot players.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Tyrese was the exact player you build around in 2022. A gifted passer and three point shooter in only his second season. 29 other teams would’ve traded Fox and kept Hali. Sabonis is good, but his ceiling with Fox is the 8th seed. This is a sickening trade for our future.
Unfortunately for us, it seemed 29 other teams had zero interest in Fox. Lmao

The one thing here is that Holiday is anti-covid vaccine. No im sitting up in ohio so Im not sure how restrictive you guys have been on the vaccine, but my understanding is that to play in california, you must be vaccinated. If that is true, I have to imagine, holiday will be shipped out as part of another deal, otherwise monte didnt do his homework. Thoughts?

The one thing here is that Holiday is anti-covid vaccine. No im sitting up in ohio so Im not sure how restrictive you guys have been on the vaccine, but my understanding is that to play in california, you must be vaccinated. If that is true, I have to imagine, holiday will be shipped out as part of another deal, otherwise monte didnt do his homework. Thoughts?
he can play in California. He already has this season. Non-issue.

Not to say he won't be flipped, but yeah

You gotta keep Barnes at this point. Use him like the warriors and have him at the corner 3 on the dishouts. Have to get rid of Bagley and Holmes for either a wing or a stretch big.

Davion
Fox
Barnes
Harkless
Sabonis
for now

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

It's like they think we traded Hali for Dewayne Dedmon and Corey Joseph or something. Am I crazy or is Sabonis not a 2-time All-star?
People on basketball twitter were legitimately talking about the Suns sending Ayton and Saric and picks to Indy for Sabonis to create a superteam last night and now he’s an afterthought in this trade.

Tyrese was the exact player you build around in 2022. A gifted passer and three point shooter in only his second season. 29 other teams would’ve traded Fox and kept Hali. Sabonis is good, but his ceiling with Fox is the 8th seed. This is a sickening trade for our future.
Based on what? Haliburton has all of those skills but has he really shown us something that spectacular where we think we can truly build around him? I can't say that. Being a skilled shooter and passer is one thing, but, franchise cornerstone is another.

I don't think you have all the signals you need to make an informed conclusion.

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612758/onoffcourt-summary/?sort=DIFF_NET_RATING&dir=1

Haliburton actually makes the team worse offensively and defensively when he was on the floor. He was not ready to start this season. Maybe Monte's plan was to force-feed both Hali and Mitchell heavy minutes to see which one fits better next to Fox and then trade the other one.
Lolzzz. Okay. The Kings just traded Hali, dumped Buddy's contract along the way and got an all star, expiring, and a second. But Hali wasn't ready to start this year. SMH.

I think the move is trash and backwards from where the league is heading.

But I pretty much stopped following the team, and this will at least be something to look at. Hopefully not because it feels like a train wreck.

Hope I'm wrong and Monty believes he sold high on Hali.