Kings trade Tyrese and Buddy for Sabonis and Holiday and Lamb

If there’s not another trade in the works, I’m out as a fan. Of all ****ing players, Haliburton? Are you kidding me?

Should’ve done a ****ing proper rebuild, instead, we’re gunning for the 10th seed play in with a stagnant Fox.

Great move.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He has. But he just traded one of the 2 good picks he's made away. That's the point.

The KINGS finally get lucky and land a very good prospect that's looking like a potential cornerstone but they just can't deal with that type of draft success.

So they trade him away for a player that's not highly valuable in today's game. And is in no way an anchor defender.

Effing genius.

If that's what you're going to do with your draft assets when you do hit on them, what's the point?

INDY is laughing their collective @$$es off. So is the rest of the league. Par for the course.

The KINGS are just a farm team for everyone.
I really love Haliburton but he's a franchise cornerstone the way Kevin Martin was.

I don't like it from a cost/control issue or necessarily if he's supposed to be our best player on a finalized roster. But if he's a piece of a puzzle I think Sabonis is a fine one.

Checking out the RealGm thread on this trade. Lots of hot takes

I am a bit confused by the amount of people who believe the Pacers won this trade. I am not saying Haliburton isn't a good and it might just be me but it feels like Sabonis is undervalued and Haliburton's potential is overvalued in this particular case.

I like this for the Kings. Sabonis is a great all-around player and the fact that the Kings keep their draft capital intact is great (although they tend to screw up with their picks)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I really love Haliburton but he's a franchise cornerstone the way Kevin Martin was.

I don't like it from a cost/control issue or necessarily if he's supposed to be our best player on a finalized roster. But if he's a piece of a puzzle I think Sabonis is a fine one.
Yeah. I didn’t necessarily want to go down the win now route but trading Tyrese for Sabonis is a good start. But it’s only a start. More needs to be done to really set us up to actually win, even if I think getting Holliday and Lamb is actually more important than We think.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least we still have an unprotected 2022 FRP to trade for Jerami Grant . . .

Honestly, I'm not sure what's next. I continue to like a Holmes for PJ Washington and change deal.

Barnes and Bagley should still be dealt.

But right now the only definite pieces are Fox and Sabonis. Who are you going to put around them Monte?

I said I'd wait until the trade deadline passes until I decide whether or not to give up on this franchise completely, but seeing Hali in the photoshopped Pacer uniform is making it very hard not to check out right now.

How can you pretend to know that? The dude is 21 years old. And far from a finished product.

Furthermore, Kevin Martin is an AWFUL comparison. A one-dimensional scorer.

Haliburton is far superior playmaker and all-around player and, again, is only 21.

Actually, if Kevin Martin played today he'd be more valuable than he was a dozen years ago. But regardless he was nowhere close to the all-around basketball talent Tyrese has shown to be thus far.

The KINGS have a ton of issues and are devoid of talent -- but Tyrese Haliburton wasn't one of those problems.

Yeah the roster isn’t finalized tonight or even at the deadline although I’m pretty certain a few more guys are headed out. I have a feeling many fans will be a lot more relieved in the coming days and months after Monte makes his vision more clear and we get a coach of his choosing as well.

To me the best argument for Sabonis was his fit with Haliburton.

And you even got the side benefit of starting Mitchell in the backcourt as he and Tyrese fit well together.

Tyrese was one of the few reasons I was still engaged with this team at all. I'll wait until the trade deadline passes to see if other moves are made, but it's likely that I'm done as a Kings fan until this team gives me a reason to support it.
wow…this stings…and dont blame you

How can you pretend to know that? The dude is 21 years old. And far from a finished product.

Haliburton is far superior playmaker and all-around player and, again, is only 21.

Actually, if Kevin Martin played today he'd be more valuable than he was a dozen years ago. But regardless he was nowhere close to the all-around basketball talent Tyrese has shown to be thus far.

The KINGS have a ton of issues and are devoid of talent -- but Tyrese Haliburton wasn't one of those problems.
And how do we know he’s a future star just because he’s 21? Sabonis is only 25 btw

OK. I get it. We had too many PGs and needed an upgrade at center. Would have preferred trading Fox, but getting rid of Buddy's contract is a plus. I am going to really miss Tyrese. Will be interesting to see how he can fit in with Duarte. I will give it some time to see if there are any more trades and how these players fit together. Unfortunately you have to give up talent to get talent. Monte has shown he can draft good players. Hope he can keep it up.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Checking out the RealGm thread on this trade. Lots of hot takes
Being honest part of the reason I was for keeping Haliburton and trading Fox was because I thought Fox could net us a higher tier talent without tying all our money to 2-3 players. I do think that Indy gave up the best player which usually means we win, I just don't know that we have the ability to make enough moves to complete the roster. We still have 3 starting quality players on our roster at best.

Entity

Hall of Famer

he wasn't comparing their games. I see exactly what he was saying and it does have the same feeling as Kevin Martin.

he wasn't comparing their games. I see exactly what he was saying and it does have the same feeling as Kevin Martin.
No, it really doesn't. In any way. That's an extremely ridiculous thing to believe in.

Some of you guys have had your minds poisoned by this franchise.

I feel for you. You have my sympathy. It's not your fault.