Kings trade Shumpert

This is pretty much it. We didn't lose anything. Gained shooting and a guy who will be in the lineup consistently.
They lost the only guy on the team that could defend small forwards. That's going to hurt their playoff chances a lot this year. Burks is a solid 3 point shooter but he's terrible from 2. He only shoots 44% from 2. The next worse on the team is Bogie at 49%. Burks also only takes as many 3s per36 as Fox so he's not even really playing to his strengths either.

I dont think it will be too bad. I think the leadership will be missed but my suspicion is the youngsters have probably taken on a much greater leadership role so FO felt more comfortable moving him. While he is a far better defender, burke fits more with the flow of the offense. Financially they are a wash, both on expiring 11M contracts. What it may allow the Kings to do is move Bogie into the starting lineup as Yogi and Burke together with Giles and Bagley are a reasonably good punch from the bench. Plus they get a second round pick.

Really the only team it. Truely benefits is the Rockets, who pick up stauskas and shump (both solid pieces) though theyblose a 1st rounder.

I think it’s a pretty good deal as Burks is going to help us. Shumpert was a filler given to us on the Hill trade.
A lot of folks because of his injury history just figured he would be bought out or gone during last summer.

It turned out pretty darn good deal as we got rid of Hill and that bad contract. Plus Shumpert actually helped us this season and for someone really not to many folks wanted and I was one who liked him. Now we are getting another good player that’s going to make us a deeper team.

Most everyone has been complaining about our Small forward position so that makes me believe we have a few more deals in our plans.

They lost the only guy on the team that could defend small forwards. That's going to hurt their playoff chances a lot this year. Burks is a solid 3 point shooter but he's terrible from 2. He only shoots 44% from 2. The next worse on the team is Bogie at 49%. Burks also only takes as many 3s per36 as Fox so he's not even really playing to his strengths either.
Uh, this doesn't included the newly traded Shumpert right? Cause Shump was shooting an abysmal 40% from 2.

I keep refreshing my browser hoping to see a bigger trade, but sadly, I have not seen anything.

I'm gonna watch Burks highlights to convince myself it's a solid trade.
Start with his 22-9-7 game vs the Kings just a couple of months ago.

I like Shump as well, but there isn’t anything in the slightest wrong with Alec Burks. Hes a more consistent and polished player offensively than Iman and he’s a solid defender as well with similar length and speed to Shump. He can take his act off the bench more effectively as well. I felt Iman had to start to get his 8-10 on a good night. Whereas Burks can give you that essential extra scoring threat every night whether he starts or comes off the bench. He also provides load relief for Bogdans role with the second unit. Whether that means Bogdan starts or not, Burks is a good ball handler/playmaker. Smart decision maker.

I like the trade. I think it makes the Kings better. Any awws about the trade are due to me really liking what Shump brought the the Kings as an on court leader. I think he brought a lot of swagger to the Kings and he truly was bought in. Sad to see him just dealt but objectively the Kings got the best player in the trade

He's a little bigger than Shump and can play D. The most effective Kings games are ones where we overwhelm the other teams with offense anyways. Do what you do best.

I hear you on his offensive effectiveness. That's on the coaching staff to get the most out of him. I'm not trying to really promote the trade. It just didn't create a big reaction from me one way or the other.

Uh, this doesn't included the newly traded Shumpert right? Cause Shump was shooting an abysmal 40% from 2.
With Shumpert you could live with it because of his defense. Burks is ranked 469/484 in defensive RPM league wide.

He's a little bigger than Shump and can play D. The most effective Kings games are ones where we overwhelm the other teams with offense anyways. Do what you do best.

I hear you on his offensive effectiveness. That's on the coaching staff to get the most out of him. I'm not trying to really promote the trade. It just didn't create a big reaction from me once way or the other.
I think it's prompted a reaction out of me because the Kings only have a few glaring holes on the team and instead of patching the one glaring hole in defense, they made it even worse. Normally when I'm watching the games I'm not mad because the Kings can't score, I'm mad because they can't stop the other team from scoring. I'm just not a fan of getting rid of the locker room glue guy and one of the best defenders on the team for a guy who doubles down on skills that the team already has. Just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

More good news :p

Adrian Wojnarowski

New Orleans GM Dell Demps has had no communication today with Lakers president Magic Johnson on LA's most recent trade offer for Anthony Davis, league sources tell ESPN. Lakers running low on hope that Pelicans will engage them before Thursday's 3 PM trade deadline.

So that gives us 10 seconds over the next 3 years Wow. This improved us but kinda like going sideways so must be something else in the works.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I know we all loved Shump's locker room presence, by all accounts he was a great vet to have around. ..

But the dude has been KILLING us on the court.

I'm not super pumped on the trade (don't really know enough about Burks) but I'm not overly sad to see Shump go. Best of luck to him on the Rockets!

The kids will be fine. Fox has those inborn leadership qualities and the core is tight as heck anyhow.

With Shumpert you could live with it because of his defense. Burks is ranked 469/484 in defensive RPM league wide.

I think it's prompted a reaction out of me because the Kings only have a few glaring holes on the team and instead of patching the one glaring hole in defense, they made it even worse. Normally when I'm watching the games I'm not mad because the Kings can't score, I'm mad because they can't stop the other team from scoring. I'm just not a fan of getting rid of the locker room glue guy and one of the best defenders on the team for a guy who doubles down on skills that the team already has. Just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.
Don't really agree. At some point Shumpert's defense and chemistry isn't worth it, and considering he's been shooting 30% from the field for over a month and killed a multitude of possessions with his offensive style I've long reached that point.

Slumpert was in my mind a big reason for some of the struggles we had in January.