[Game] Kings @ Thunder - 3/18/17 - 12PT/3ET

The one thing I will say is I was always skeptical of the bash on Vlade for drafting Papa G. I mean if theres anyone who can recognize a skilled big man it would certainly be him. One game, but only 19 and shows interesting stuff. Touch on his hook is very good and no reason it cant become automatic, at his size thats something. Even though he still carries some extra lbs he runs up and down fluidly for a man his size. Sprinting up and down and showing some serious motor. Laterally he isnt the quickest but is no worse than most 7 footers and if he trims down even more that can still improve. Most important thing is I see a willingness to work out there. Also he shows passing instincts, they need refining, but they are there, and at his size he can see the whole floor from the high post. Shockingly we just might have ended up with three keepers in this "bad" draft.

I have more confidence in him than WCS, and that's not an overreaction
You're not alone. The thing that made me hyped for wcs was that he was hyped as a guy who could possibly guard 5 positions. His defense has looked horrible since he was drafted and it seems like he is using more energy trying to be an offensive threat. His game is becoming the opposite of what I hoped for with him.

You're not alone. The thing that made me hyped for wcs was that he was hyped as a guy who could possibly guard 5 positions. His defense has looked horrible since he was drafted and it seems like he is using more energy trying to be an offensive threat. His game is becoming the opposite of what I hoped for with him.
Maybe they meant he could guard 5 positions equally bad?

He's already shown more touch around the hoop than Kosta has as a King.
Kosta was never a back-to-the-basket center. The Jazz destroyed him as an offensive player.

Did'nt Papa draw comparisons to Marc Gasol as a youngster. Gasol also took time to develop so maybe thats not too far off. I'm real happy with todays stats. We have some very promising bigs and all young enough to grow together.