[Game] Kings @ Suns, 4/15/2021 7pm PST, 10pm EST

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Yeah it’s pretty nuts. Not only do refs reward floppers like Luka, Harden, and Trae, but they don’t call obvious fouls drawn by players who play the game the right way.
Yep. The flopping problem is a product of the way the game is officiated. If it didn't work, players would stop doing it. Throwing out a token fine every couple weeks or so is meaningless.

hrdboild

Staff member
Monty is either going to look like a genius or an idiot matching up with the Kings super smalls.
His 2-seed Suns are in a knife fight with one of the worst teams in the league right now so I don't think it will be the former, whatever the outcome. :)

hrdboild

Staff member
Chris Paul and Devin Booker were both All-Stars this season but Fox is outplaying them. And that's despite some baffling no calls on all sorts of contact near the basket.

We'll see if Fox can work a miracle but again, Walton goes to match up by putting Whiteside in during crunch time with Paul licking his chops waiting for him in pick and roll which is the sole reason Whiteside didn't have teams lining up at free agency time.

hrdboild

Staff member
We'll see if Fox can work a miracle but again, Walton goes to match up by putting Whiteside in during crunch time with Paul licking his chops waiting for him in pick and roll which is the sole reason Whiteside didn't have teams lining up at free agency time.
That might be preferable to letting Ayton gobble up every offensive rebound.

Small ballers with the 5 out and Fox puts Ayton on an island. Walton does everything backwards. Like with that clock management when he blasted a time out with 19 seconds left and they ran out of time as a result at the end. He put Whiteside back in before seeing if the small unit could keep pushing. Now they have to fight back out of a hole. If it didn't work THEN put in Whiteside. Don't bring him in and then cast him away when you're fading. Mediocre man.

That might be preferable to letting Ayton gobble up every offensive rebound.
That may be the case but find out first. He did it without even seeing if it was going to hurt them enough to end it immediately. Now they're pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't. Time is running out.

hrdboild

Staff member
We're well on our way to becoming the Sacramento DeAaron Fox's. I hope these game threads aren't reflective of how few Sacramento fans are watching the games because it would be a shame if Fox was doing work like this and his own team's fans didn't even see it.

Luke acts pissed.
He intentionally threw the game by putting Barnes on Ayton.
The sad thing is he didn't he was trying to play smart and think ahead. And that's his problem, he thinks him thinking is a good thing for his team. The momentum that was gained while Barnes was playing at the 5 was put on ice as soon as Williams went big. Again, see if Ayton eats Barnes alive for a few plays because he still has to guard Fox on the other end when the Kings spread 5 out and there's potentially enough time to work your way back in a worst case. He put in Whiteside and that run was stopped dead. Maybe an adjustment was needed but my goodness just stick to what was working until it doesn't Walton!!! Of course this is the same guy that after a win streak put in his failed motion sets back in after a day of practice which promptly ended that run as well.

We're well on our way to becoming the Sacramento DeAaron Fox's. I hope these game threads aren't reflective of how few Sacramento fans are watching the games because it would be a shame if Fox was doing work like this and his own team's fans didn't even see it.
It's just hard to care with how much Walton has put this team into a tailspin. Hali is back to getting mid 20's in minutes and we're seeing significantly less time with him and Fox on the court together; something that was a huge reason why had that 7/8 stretch.

Only thing I'm holding on to is there's now no question that McNair can fire Walton and actually get his own guy in. If the Kings made the play-in, I'm guessing he would have gotten push-back from ownership to "keep the playoff coach".