[Game] Kings @ Suns, 4/15/2021 7pm PST, 10pm EST

It's just hard to care with how much Walton has put this team into a tailspin. Hali is back to getting mid 20's in minutes and we're seeing significantly less time with him and Fox on the court together; something that was a huge reason why had that 7/8 stretch.

Only thing I'm holding on to is there's now no question that McNair can fire Walton and actually get his own guy in. If the Kings made the play-in, I'm guessing he would have gotten push-back from ownership to "keep the playoff coach".
Potentially two 10 game losing streaks from a team desperately attempting to make a freaking 10th seed. A 10TH SEED. Even if Walton wasn't at fault competent franchises don't let that continue. EVER. He can't even hit the lowest competetive bar set in the history of the NBA.

a GM who says he is in charge and worth than a tinker’s dam would have sat him himself.
I thought Walton playing Fox deep into garbage time previously was dangerous but him burning him down like this better end up OK. That plug has to be pulled soon 12 games below .500 is too much at this point.

So dumb. Do you know what a GM is?
Some GM's do have a say but Monte definitely is the type of GM who doesn't mess with his coach. Maybe it's because he's new, maybe he's just a face, whatever but there are some GM's that dictate at least a basic direction to their coach. Petrie did it a time or two even if very reluctantly.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's just hard to care with how much Walton has put this team into a tailspin. Hali is back to getting mid 20's in minutes and we're seeing significantly less time with him and Fox on the court together; something that was a huge reason why had that 7/8 stretch.

Only thing I'm holding on to is there's now no question that McNair can fire Walton and actually get his own guy in. If the Kings made the play-in, I'm guessing he would have gotten push-back from ownership to "keep the playoff coach".
I agree it's hard to care about this season anymore, but Fox developing into a perennial All-Star is very good news for our future. We haven't had a guard who can go out and get 30 every night since Mitch Richmond was in his prime. Obviously we need more pieces around him but Fox is creeping up on King James and The Beard on the PPG leaderboard (he may have passed them tonight) and leads the entire NBA on points off drives. That's a hell of a good start. Luke's mid-game adjustments are a joke but if his incompetence gets us a top 5 pick he's earned himself a nice slap on the behind on his way out the door.

Chris Paul and Devin Booker were both All-Stars this season but Fox is outplaying them. And that's despite some baffling no calls on all sorts of contact near the basket.
Damn that means Fox is better than two guys who lead there team to a 2nd seed rather than being 12 games below 500.

Fox just got slugged in the face on the layup, no foul call. That was a flagrant 1 not called
How does this crap happen???? The refs suck period. It was a blatant foul Fox could barely get up and the game goes on??? WTH SMFH
Luke put a tape together of the 7-9 “missed” calls and send it to the NBA won’t get us a win but I am seriously sick of getting hosed by these refs who clearly hate the Kings and roll for the other team at all costs. Not just missed calls on fouls but a flagrant that everyone who was watching the dam game saw it??? You were standing right there and start running to the other end of the Court. Who’s paying who to do what?????

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Damn that means Fox is better than two guys who lead there team to a 2nd seed rather than being 12 games below 500.
Individually? Yeah, I think so. DBook is pretty damn good but Fox can score just as prolifically as he can now and impacts the game more on defense. Chris Paul is obviously going to be a Hall of Famer but he's 35 and not getting any younger. A rather important point, though, is that Phoenix has both Chris Paul and Devin Booker while we have Fox and a bunch of guys who are good at one or two things but bad at others and it's rare to see them all peaking at the same time.

A rather important point, though, is that Phoenix has both Chris Paul and Devin Booker
No disrespect to Devin Booker, who I know many fans here have a crush on — but IMO the biggest difference in PHX this season compared to the past 5 seasons (during the Booker era) is the steadying play and influence of Chris Paul.

It’s clearly apparent to me, especially when you look at each of CP3’s previous stops.

He leaves New Orleans for the Clips, and the Hornets regress immediately.
He leaves the Clips, they regress immediately.

He then joins HOU, who then achieves their greatest playoff success during the Bearded Hag era in nearly toppling the Warriors to advance to the Finals. If not for CP3 suffering injury, they very well might have won the title.

He leaves HOU, they regress immediately.

He then joins OKC in the wake of Westbrook’s departure and manages to keep them at the same level.
He leaves OKC, they regress immediately.

Now, this season, he joins a PHX team that hadn’t finished over .500 since 2013/14 but now are poised to be a top 3 seed.

I get that the likes of Ayton and Booker have developed and improved. And they’ve added some nice players around them.

But CP3’s track record of drastically improving every team he’s played on is difficult to ignore. So is the regression those same teams suffered after he departed.

Metu with the snatch block! Haliburton wiped it out with a rare bad play but that was real nice.
I was wondering if anybody was going to mention that play.

I first tuned in just moments before that block then decided to record the rest of the game since the score was close.

That block was one of the best I’ve seen in quite a while. Especially considering he snatched it right out of the air like a steal. I imagine Bill Russell is proud, if he happened to see it.