[Game] Kings @ Suns - 11/4/15 - 6 PT, 9 ET

It is, and Karl has to get a clue, and fast, that the only defensive solution we have is to keep 2 of our 3 bigs on the floor at all times, because they ARE the defense.

Not really, the Kings allowed 21 points in the 2nd quarter by playing a bigger smallball lineup at the 2-4 spots which allowed them to switch on screens more effectively. When Koufos has played PF the opposing team has eaten him alive in pick and roll or from the perimeter. That small PG/SG duo has also been a huge source of their weakness defensively this season. Rondo or Collison are consistently having to rotate to a much bigger player in the SF or even PF. If you are team focused on switching screens the moment you rely on a double team due to a mismatch means you might as well start running back to the offensive end because you just gave up some points.

Also, the Kings are getting destroyed by perimeter players shooting jumpers. The Kings % against from 3 for the season doesn't look too bad right now but if you watch the games they've played so far a lot of those were easy open looks. It was only a matter of time before a team just made them pay big time for it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My apologies! My expectations usually lead to failure - I strive to do better! :(
Since you're new, I'll give you a couple of pointers:

1. NEVER challenge worse.
2. NEVER use the "I" word to describe a player's condition that could cause him to miss games. If you must refer to the condition, use a word like "turnip."
3. No matter what else you might do, NEVER say anything good about a certain Southern California team. While they may currently suck, the hatred for them runs to the bone for a lot of us..and we do not react kindly.

:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not really, the Kings allowed 21 points in the 2nd quarter by playing a bigger smallball lineup at the 2-4 spots which allowed them to switch on screens more effectively. When Koufos has played PF the opposing team has eaten him alive in pick and roll or from the perimeter. That small PG/SG duo has also been a huge source of their weakness defensively this season. Rondo or Collison are consistently having to rotate to a much bigger player in the SF or even PF. If you are team focused on switching screens the moment you rely on a double team due to a mismatch means you might as well start running back to the offensive end because you just gave up some points.
I'm still blaming you, STK. In fact, I am now thoroughly convinced it is incumbent upon you to end your strike if our Kings are to have any hope for this season at all.

I'm still blaming you, STK. In fact, I am now thoroughly convinced it is incumbent upon you to end your strike if our Kings are to have any hope for this season at all.

I stayed on strike because they wouldn't put Justin Williams into the game. So there is a chance contingent on J-Will 2 getting some burn.

Since you're new, I'll give you a couple of pointers:

1. NEVER challenge worse.
2. NEVER use the "I" word to describe a player's condition that could cause him to miss games. If you must refer to the condition, use a word like "turnip."
3. No matter what else you might do, NEVER say anything good about a certain Southern California team. While they may currently suck, the hatred for them runs to the bone for a lot of us..and we do not react kindly.

:)
Does saying they make us look good count as something good about them?

Can anybody tell me, what's the gameplan on offense, because to me it looks chaotic. Lot's of forced drives, bad kick outs, driving into traffic, bad drop off passes under pressure, out of control plays, because we want to play too fast and players standing around on the perimeter, watching the ballhandler go to work. It almost looks like there are no plays called at all.
We never been a team able to run a fluid offense, but what the hell is this supposed to be? Where are the down screens, back cuts or anything like that? Am I paying not enough attention, or is this the dribble drive offense like it's supposed to be?

And don't get me started with our defense.....
I mean there has to be something we can do about those open jumpshots, that are killing us right?

This isn't about one player not meeting the expectations. Anderson might have earned the starting job, because at least he could hit some 3's.
But basically our whole team looks lost out there. I'm starting to worry.

The offense is based around the dribble drive so it will look chaotic because it's kind of supposed to be.

It's supposed to put the other team on their heals constantly.

But if you have a team stacked with numb nuts it probably won't work. Too early to say on this one I think. 20 games in you'll know.

The offense is based around the dribble drive so it will look chaotic because it's kind of supposed to be.

It's supposed to put the other team on their heals constantly.

But if you have a team stacked with numb nuts it probably won't work. Too early to say on this one I think. 20 games in you'll know.
You are right. Its too early to say.
But the dribble drive offense isn't supposed to be 4 guys standing around, while one guy dribbles the ball into tight space I think.
And actually that's what I saw time and time again last night.

We have 2 guys able to do so and keep the dribble alive doing it. I have my doubts this will be successful.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You are right. Its too early to say.
But the dribble drive offense isn't supposed to be 4 guys standing around, while one guy dribbles the ball into tight space I think.
And actually that's what I saw time and time again last night.

We have 2 guys able to do so and keep the dribble alive doing it. I have my doubts this will be successful.
That's what I said earlier -- something straight off the playground.

Its like a long series of 1-4 flats, just switching who is the one every time down.

K

KingMilz

Andre Miller could have probably played better D than Rondo and Collison tonight, James Anderson was the only guy who did his job on D, Bledsoe was struggling to score with Anderson on him. I'm willing to give Anderson a pass for his first half cause clearly he was nervous and trying hard to impress with his new chance in the NBA once he relaxed he actually showed he could play. The problem with Rudy Gay is once you play any expectations on him where he can't hide in DMC shadow he crumbles. I've been hard on Cuz but at least despite his flaws unlike Rudy he doesn't hid from the spotlight.

That's what I said earlier -- something straight off the playground.

Its like a long series of 1-4 flats, just switching who is the one every time down.
Yes I read your post.
But I can't believe an experienced NBA coach wants a team with only 2 above average ball handlers to play like that.
When Karl talked about the dribble drive, he talked about wide open driving lanes created by it. But those lanes aren't there.
In fact I think Casspi and Ben had more open driving lanes late into last season, than they have now with the focus on the dribble drive offense, if what were are forced to watch is actually the dribble drive offense :rolleyes:.
So what's wrong right now?