Kings @ Sonics Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am not going to be too hard on Kevin, because by all accounts the guy is a ROOKIE. These are the first rotation minutes for this kid and he is obviously not playing the way he is used to. Its hard to take a guy like Kevin, who is probably used to playing with the ball in his hands and ask him to play a different way entirely. We may need some more experience at the backup 2, but I don't blame Kevin. He needs to learn and to grow. That takes time.

(I double posted this, and my browser froze after leading to a delayed deletion of the first post, so just deleted that one)

Zyphen said:
Lynch and White play KT's position (and worse, obviously). Griffin and Lopez are worse than Martin. I thought Person retired. But maybe not. Lucious Harris is about the same as Martin. If Person can still go, sure. I had him in my washed up pile. Didn't even know he was still on the market.
Person isn't retired, and have not read anywhere he is. He just wasn't brought back to Denver and no one has signed him. He was nice for Denver last season.

KT backs up SAR though, and is primarily at PF. Has been since Philly (I think). Lynch/White would back-up at SF (they are SFs, never been PFs or primarily one). Giving us an actual back-up SF, instead of KT sometimes, Corliss sparingly, Martin's too small (mass-wise), and Garcia's a rook (as much as I like him).

Disgaree on Griffin and Lopez and Harris. I like 'em.

slugking50 said:
Whats up everybody picking on SK? You can't really evaluate him honestly till next year.

Fortson = Scumbag!
I'm not picking on him, I like him. It's just that this season and right now, the swingman depth is not good. Also hurting the bench.

K

Kings241

Kings113 said:
I'm not picking on him, I like him. It's just that this season and right now, the swingman depth is not good. Also hurting the bench.
Yea i agree. We could really use a veteran gaurd off the bench :cool:

Zyphen said:
If Corliss can't get minutes at SF, what makes you think Lynch/White will?

Well, we can disagree on who's marginally better. But I doubt you're claiming it's enough to solve our bench troubles? You think bringing in one, heck any number of those vets will make the diff? We need a trade or our current guys to earn back their minutes. I'm surprised that KT can't even get 20 minutes a game.
Corliss doesn't get minutes regardless. Because of match-ups, and he's played PF this year too. He's a tweener. Lynch/White would because of being actual back-up small fowards.

I'm saying I think one of those guys would provide a spark off the bench (some more than a coupler others) and help out the swingman depth (KT-sometimes, Martin, Garcia).

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

i would say call toronto until i saw how much cap space they are going to have next season... what about this one.....

bonzi, skinner and garcia for joe johnson and josh smith? or we could throw in corliss and sampson instead and get tony delk if you guys really like skinner that much.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:
I for one am not going to be too hard on Kevin, because by all accounts the guy is a ROOKIE. These are the first rotation minutes for this kid and he is obviously not playing the way he is used to. Its hard to take a guy like Kevin, who is probably used to playing with the ball in his hands and ask him to play a different way entirely. We may need some more experience at the backup 2, but I don't blame Kevin. He needs to learn and to grow. That takes time.
Very well said, STK...

What Kevin has going for him is determination, grit, desire and heart. I've seen games where he KNOWS he's going to get totally demolished and he still moves inside, gets set and takes the charge. Some guys twice his size don't do that...

He's trying to learn defense from a bunch of guys who usually act as though defense is dething around deparkinglot.

I sincerely hope Petrie is able to find a way to shore up the bench so Martin can get a bit more experience before being thrown to the wolves quite so often.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AriesMar27 said:
i would say call toronto until i saw how much cap space they are going to have next season... what about this one.....

bonzi, skinner and garcia for joe johnson and josh smith? or we could throw in corliss and sampson instead and get tony delk if you guys really like skinner that much.....
Tony Delk? Um, what??????

SacTownKid said:
Another agreed. ;)

VF21 said:
Very well said, STK...

What Kevin has going for him is determination, grit, desire and heart. I've seen games where he KNOWS he's going to get totally demolished and he still moves inside, gets set and takes the charge. Some guys twice his size don't do that...

He's trying to learn defense from a bunch of guys who usually act as though defense is dething around deparkinglot.

I sincerely hope Petrie is able to find a way to shore up the bench so Martin can get a bit more experience before being thrown to the wolves quite so often.
Excellent! :D

A

AriesMar27

VF21 said:
Tony Delk? Um, what??????
just messing around.... maybe he would go off on the hawks.... not like that is worth much but still.... lol....

but johnson and smith would be great..... cause i dont know here we could realistically trade thomas.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I remarked in my PBP that with those twin little pigtails sticking out from his head, Fortson looks like an angry or evil Cabbage Patch Doll.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.