Kings reach agreement w/Bjelica 3yrs/$20.5M

Vlade reaching out to Bjelica? What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the national media is taking the KANGZ thing to task due to the nature of these Ferrell/Bjelica signings taking place after they had originally come to terms with other teams..

Did the Kings need to know the terms other teams were willing to go before making their own terms?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some of the national media is taking the KANGZ thing to task due to the nature of these Ferrell/Bjelica signings taking place after they had originally come to terms with other teams..

Did the Kings need to know the terms other teams were willing to go before making their own terms?
It's a business. The national media loves to find reasons to dump on the Kings. It's part of their shtick. It's like buying a house. If there's another potential buyer, you both submit your best and final offers and the agent talks it over with his client. Ferrell took our offer because it was better. Same is true with Bjelica.

That seems silly. Didn't Bjelica back out before the Kings stuff started? I think the Kings talked him out of going back to Europe if anything. The national media will always dump on losing teams. If the Warriors were doing it they would be saying how this is how successful franchises operate.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Don't forget about the glimpses we've seen from Giles. The two of them could be ... intimidating? I can't remember ever saying that about a Kings duo before. :p
Oh, I'm not forgetting. We have three tough guys on this team: Giles, Bjelica and Kosta. We need all three on this team, imo. I think Kosta is very appreciative that help is coming!

F the pick!
I know the pick is sacred to some of you. But we’ve stockpiled ourselves with young talent and now it’s time to fly and leave the nest behind, dammit. So just F the pick. Get up and fly!

Exactly. And my point was them not doing that, or being allowed to and being put into the same training wheels scenario as last year. Last year they ended up with a number 2 pick to make it more digestible, and that same circumstance will obviously not exist. So now it literally needs to be fly time!

Exactly. And my point was them not doing that, or being allowed to and being put into the same training wheels scenario as last year. Last year they ended up with a number 2 pick to make it more digestible, and that same circumstance will obviously not exist. So now it literally needs to be fly time!
The young core guys who can play will see lots of time: Giles, Bogdan, Buddy, Fox

Bagley will be given minutes to grow and prove himself.

These vets will be given time: Beli, WCS, Kosta, Shumpert, Yogi

These kids will have to fight to get time: Skal, Jackson, Mason

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bogdan does not count?

Sorta, kinda based on the video. But I haven't seen enough of him laying the wood on anybody, or bumping into opponents for the heckuva it, or getting under an opponent's skin. He can at times be tenacious on defense though. I hope next year we see even more of that.

Sorta, kinda based on the video. But I haven't seen enough of him laying the wood on anybody, or bumping into opponents for the heckuva it, or getting under an opponent's skin. He can at times be tenacious on defense though. I hope next year we see even more of that.
He had a couple of moments earlier in the year where he got under his opponents skin by playing blanketing defense but I wouldn't consider him a tough guy or anything.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We don't need to see Bogs pound his chest and get into opponents face to see that he is tough. He has the mental fortitude and grit to be considered a tough player, he takes his beatings like a champ and gets right back up with his head held high.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
We don't need to see Bogs pound his chest and get into opponents face to see that he is tough. He has the mental fortitude and grit to be considered a tough player, he takes his beatings like a champ and gets right back up with his head held high.
Yes, he appears to be mentally tough, just not the kind of guy who is physically going to annoy players and make them feel distinctly uncomfortable.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yes, he appears to be mentally tough, just not the kind of guy who is physically going to annoy players and make them feel distinctly uncomfortable.
Maybe Shumpert can provide that if he plays. Maybe Bjelica. Either way, Yogi said it in his interview, the Kings are trying to establish an identity. Hopefully it's not a soft jump shooting team who laughs with opponents as they are getting their heads pummeled into the ground or just driving in the lane at will and dunking it on them without any restriction.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Maybe Shumpert can provide that if he plays. Maybe Bjelica. Either way, Yogi said it in his interview, the Kings are trying to establish an identity. Hopefully it's not a soft jump shooting team who laughs with opponents as they are getting their heads pummeled into the ground or just driving in the lane at will and dunking it on them without any restriction.
Fox, Yogi, and to a certain extent Mason, can all exert pressure defensively on opposing point guards. Bogs and Hield have shown the ability to play defense at times last year. Giles, Bjelica and Kosta can exert physicallity at the forward and center positions. This is a promising group that can exert defensive pressure. I'm leaving out Jackson, Bagley and Skal, but one or more of that trio could surprise on the upside this coming year. And I haven't mentioned WCS, who I believe falls into the either/or category: He will either play with more passion this coming year, or find himself on another team.

We have some good options now in crunch time.

If there was one thing Fox showed last year its that he is clutch, Bog is one hell of an executor, Hield provides outside shooting and we just added a guy known for taking big shots in Bjelica who also stretches the floor.

Add Giles or Bagley/WCS to grab the offensive board if need be and really you have quite a strong closing line up if you ask me.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fox, Yogi, and to a certain extent Mason, can all exert pressure defensively on opposing point guards. Bogs and Hield have shown the ability to play defense at times last year. Giles, Bjelica and Kosta can exert physicallity at the forward and center positions. This is a promising group that can exert defensive pressure. I'm leaving out Jackson, Bagley and Skal, but one or more of that trio could surprise on the upside this coming year. And I haven't mentioned WCS, who I believe falls into the either/or category: He will either play with more passion this coming year, or find himself on another team.
exerting defensive pressure and understanding the proper way to play defense are two different approaches

Bogi definitely has the tough guy gene. I can’t remember many specifics but there were definitely moments he gave that extra bump, stood too close before an inbounds, etc. He plays the game physically and mentally better than most guys in the league, already, and he knows it. His brand of basketball will definitely get under guys’ skin once we start to win a bit. It’s tough to get too annoyed when you’re up by 12...down by 4 on the other hand...

Didn’t Draymond give him a shout-out for being a competitor at some point last year? Or was that something else?

As for the clutch gene. We are loaded. Fox has it. Bogdan has it. Buddy has something, he’s a little frantic at times but man can he score in bunches. No fear from Buddy. Bjeli wants the ball late. I have a hard time believing Giles, Yogi, and Mason don’t want the ball late as well. ZBO most definitely will take that shot. And doesn’t Skal have a game winner or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.