Kings possible draft picks game

No Embiid? Honest? If Randle is near where we are drafting, so will Embiid. I don't want Randle for a variety of reasons but Embiid? Wow! I don't understand you.
sorry I didn't clarify that very well.. I meant if we were drafting in the top 7 and the top 3 guys, Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid were gone along with Exum, I wouldn't want anyone else when it's time for us to draft. No ones worth it that high other than them imo.

nonononononononononononono to randle!!! no!!!! Another great offensively player who lacks defense. If we were drafting for offense I'd pick Doug McDermott all the way. I think he can a huge scorer in the NBA if he's given the minutes, but if not, I see him as a player like Ryan Anderson, Kyle Krover, and etc.

Dante Exum is the only player who I'd want in the top7.. if he's not there, we should trade back and get two first rounders or a first rounder and a 2nd rounder. I honestly hope we don't go anywhere near Randle. Please no Randle... I'm hoping he isn't near where we are drafting.. Top 5 would be a perfect draft position for the kings.
McDermott is more than just a standstill shooter like Korver or Anderson. He's crafty with the ball, or can get points coming off screens. Wally Szczerbiak or Reddick would be a good comparison.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

sorry I didn't clarify that very well.. I meant if we were drafting in the top 7 and the top 3 guys, Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid were gone along with Exum, I wouldn't want anyone else when it's time for us to draft. No ones worth it that high other than them imo.
True.
If we don't get a top 5 pick, might as well trade down to like 10-12 position to get Vonleh or Cauley Stein.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

I have a feeling we'll get that #4 pick and get either Exum or Parker

In which case, we'll already know whether Gay opts out of his contract and stays with us or what...
If Gay stays and we Exum is not available nor Wiggins nor Embiid, we trade down again to get 10-12 position and another quality player. I think for Parker we can get a damn good player + a draft pick. It would be nice.

For example, New York is in 10th place currently, I believe. We could trade for a Tim Hardaway Jr. + 10th draft pick for Jabari Parker.
Then we draft a Vonleh or Stein and if we traded IT for a PG, we're set for our starting 5 assuming Gay stays.

Stein/Vonleh
Cousins
Gay
Tim Hardaway Jr.
PG

I'd like to see a team like that. :)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

In which case, we'll already know whether Gay opts out of his contract and stays with us or what...
If Gay stays and we Exum is not available nor Wiggins nor Embiid, we trade down again to get 10-12 position and another quality player. I think for Parker we can get a damn good player + a draft pick. It would be nice.

For example, New York is in 10th place currently, I believe. We could trade for a Tim Hardaway Jr. + 10th draft pick for Jabari Parker.
Then we draft a Vonleh or Stein and if we traded IT for a PG, we're set for our starting 5 assuming Gay stays.

Stein/Vonleh
Cousins
Gay
Tim Hardaway Jr.
PG

We could probably get a lot more for a #4 pick with Parker on the board than pick #10 and a guy who's barely outperforming Ben McLemore.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

We could probably get a lot more for a #4 pick with Parker on the board than pick #10 and a guy who's barely outperforming Ben McLemore.
I'm sure we could. Parker alone is worth a hell of a lot of players. In fact, many teams would trade their star player who is aging for Parker. The kid will be great.
I'm just saying, for sure we could get a top 10 pick from them plus a player who I believe has a huge upside and is a very good shooter (consistent at that). To be on a championship team, you need a terrific shooter who can hit that outside stomach on a consistent basis.

Stein/Vonleh
Cousins
Gay
Tim Hardaway Jr.
PG

It sucks, but the Knicks won't have their 1st rounder till 2017?

Let's say we draft at 4 and we retain Gay. With Wiggins, Embiid, and Exum gone and Parker left..

There are many many teams this year with more than one 1st rounder.the list:
1. Magic 2. 76ers 3. Magic 4. Bobcats(3 high to low) 5. Bulls 6. Suns(3 low to mid)7. OKC

A few more possible trades(for Parker):
1. Kings-1st rounder + Carl Landry + Travis Outlaw
Magic-one 1st rounder + Arron Affalo

2. Kings-1st rounder + Derrick Williams + Aaron Gray
Bulls- one 1st rounder + Taj Gibson + rights to Nikola Mirotic(best europe player)

3. Kings-1st rounder +Marcus Thornton + Carl Landry + Derrick Williams + Travis Outlaw
Lakers- 1st rounder + Pau Gasol + Kendall Marshall

Those are just a few I had in mind. I really want to get out of Carl Landry's contract..

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Let's say we draft at 4 and we retain Gay. With Wiggins, Embiid, and Exum gone and Parker left..

1. Magic 2. 76ers 3. Magic 4. Bobcats(3 high to low) 5. Bulls 6. Suns(3 low to mid)7. OKC

Bulls- one 1st rounder + Taj Gibson + rights to Nikola Mirotic(best europe player)

3. Kings-1st rounder +Marcus Thornton + Carl Landry + Derrick Williams + Travis Outlaw

Those are just a few I had in mind. I really want to get out of Carl Landry's contract..
Aside from the Chicago trade (which I think would still only be a maybe), I can't see why the Kings would do any of those moves.

Aside from the Chicago trade (which I think would still only be a maybe), I can't see why the Kings would do any of those moves.
The magic trade gives us a legit defensive 2. Affalo is having a great year. He's a player that doesn't always demand the ball. We unload Carl Landry's contract..which is pretty bad. They have 2 first rounders. One is a top 10 pick and the other is a mid round pick. If we get the pick before both of theirs, I don't see why we can't move 1-2 spaces back and get a quality SG in return. Maybe if we swap MT, but it'll be his final year anyway.

The next one, we again unload all our bad contracts. Lakers won't be drafting too far away.. I forget the rules about drafting and FA. I think FA comes after the draft(it's different in football). We won't have to resign Pau Gasol, and Kendall Marshall is a legit pg. It gives us the option if we want to, to resign Gasol. You might be able to ask for a few more picks, but this is a trade where we let go of some bad contracts. The only team I can see us doing that on, is with the Lakers beause of Gasol's contract

bajaden

Hall of Famer
nonononononononononononono to randle!!! no!!!! Another great offensively player who lacks defense. If we were drafting for offense I'd pick Doug McDermott all the way. I think he can a huge scorer in the NBA if he's given the minutes, but if not, I see him as a player like Ryan Anderson, Kyle Krover, and etc.

Dante Exum is the only player who I'd want in the top7.. if he's not there, we should trade back and get two first rounders or a first rounder and a 2nd rounder. I honestly hope we don't go anywhere near Randle. Please no Randle... I'm hoping he isn't near where we are drafting.. Top 5 would be a perfect draft position for the kings.
I guess I see Randle in a totally different light that you or some others do. I look at the system he's playing in, and what he's being asked to do, and how much help he's getting in that regard. He's not being asked to guard the basket, because Kentucky has others that can do that. But if you watch his man defense, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure where the idea came from that he doesn't play defense. Take a look at his usage rate compared to some other players. Too often, the entire load of scoring the ball falls entirely on him because none of the guards can hit shot. I've already said that I don't think he's a good fit for the Kings because he's mostly a post player, and that's not what we need next to Cousins. But that doesn't mean he won't be a good NBA player.

I agree that I would take Exum over him because he's a better fit. Lets try and remember that most of the players were talking about are 18 years old. None are finished products. To compare a player like Aaron Gordon to Thomas Robinson, is unfair, especially when you consider that Robinson had three years of college, and Gordon is in his freshman year. Some of these guys are just scratching the surface of what they're going to become. Does anyone remember what Kirilenko looked like when he came to the NBA? No, of course not! All remember now is the player Kirilenko became. Kobe didn't even start for the Lakers his first two years in the league. Steve Nash sucked his first year in the NBA, and some would say he sucked for his first three years, and no one, and I mean no one ever thought he would be a HOF player based on his first three years in the NBA. Anyone remember Ginobli when he first came into the league. He was an out of control turnover machine.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
McDermott is more than just a standstill shooter like Korver or Anderson. He's crafty with the ball, or can get points coming off screens. Wally Szczerbiak or Reddick would be a good comparison.
I agree! I love watching McDermott play. The guy can score from anywhere on the floor, and like you say, he's a high BBIQ crafty player. The question of course is whether he can defend at the next level of not. I've watched him pretty close, and his defense in college is not bad. How that translates to the NBA is anyone's guess. Regardless, I wouldn't mind having him on my bench. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a starter somewhere.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

If we end up with that scenario, then I take Parker. I think given a training camp, and the supervision of an NBA trainer, he's going to be an impact player. If nothing else, he's a very tradable commodity down the road. I wouldn't be opposed to trading the pick, but only if I could guarantee getting Vonleh, and a additional choice.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Teams with good defense, where bigs relegated to dirty work on offense, could possibly make him 25-30 minutes player.
Yeah, hard to say. I remember a lot of scouts saying that Larry Bird wasn't athletic enough for the NBA, and would get murdered on the defensive side of the ball. They forgot how smart he was.

I was trying to say he can be a huge scorer and offensive player in the NBA if a team gave him the minutes(25-35), but if they didn't he can still be a Kyle Korver or Ryan Anderson. It's the same scenario I see with Jimmer. McDermott is a lights out scorer in college just like Jimmer was. BUT Jimmer was never given the chance. The team never gave him the ball and said, go out and do what you do best... His playing time has gone down and down every year.. even on the bench, he still doesn't get consistent minutes because nobody really knows considering everyone on the kings is a horrid defender.

It's the same scenario I see with McDermott. If they don't give him the playing time, he'll look like a bust. I know the team that drafts him will at least give him consistent minutes, unlike we did to Jimmer. If he gets those consistent minutes off the bench, he can be a Kyle Krover or Ryan Anderson.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If we end up with that scenario, then I take Parker. I think given a training camp, and the supervision of an NBA trainer, he's going to be an impact player. If nothing else, he's a very tradable commodity down the road. I wouldn't be opposed to trading the pick, but only if I could guarantee getting Vonleh, and a additional choice.
Me, too.

If we draft Parker and he stinks, what makes you think he'll be a tradable commodity? Not all college players are guaranteed to be successful in the NBA. If we draft Parker and IF he shows that he's too slow, has poor shot selection, low bball iq, bad defender, and etc. How valuable will he be then? T-Rob was a top 5 pick, look where he's at now.. we traded him for Patrick Patterson(stretch 4), Aldrich, Douglas, and $$$. Rockets ended up trading him...

I don't mind drafting Parker at all, but if we're looking at Gay as a long term SF the next 5 years, then Parker will just end up on our bench.

All the trades I proposed have the other teams selecting in the top 15 except maybe the Bulls.

Larry had very quick hands and feet.
Jimmer has a problem of being too short. If you don't have a tall ball handler, you can't give consistent minutes to Fredette.

I guess I see Randle in a totally different light that you or some others do. I look at the system he's playing in, and what he's being asked to do, and how much help he's getting in that regard. He's not being asked to guard the basket, because Kentucky has others that can do that. But if you watch his man defense, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure where the idea came from that he doesn't play defense. Take a look at his usage rate compared to some other players. Too often, the entire load of scoring the ball falls entirely on him because none of the guards can hit shot. I've already said that I don't think he's a good fit for the Kings because he's mostly a post player, and that's not what we need next to Cousins. But that doesn't mean he won't be a good NBA player.

I agree that I would take Exum over him because he's a better fit. Lets try and remember that most of the players were talking about are 18 years old. None are finished products. To compare a player like Aaron Gordon to Thomas Robinson, is unfair, especially when you consider that Robinson had three years of college, and Gordon is in his freshman year. Some of these guys are just scratching the surface of what they're going to become. Does anyone remember what Kirilenko looked like when he came to the NBA? No, of course not! All remember now is the player Kirilenko became. Kobe didn't even start for the Lakers his first two years in the league. Steve Nash sucked his first year in the NBA, and some would say he sucked for his first three years, and no one, and I mean no one ever thought he would be a HOF player based on his first three years in the NBA. Anyone remember Ginobli when he first came into the league. He was an out of control turnover machine.
He can't play defense the way the kings would want to use him. Randle next to Cuz would be horrible defensively... I would much rather have Gray next to Cuz.
Yes developing takes a while, but why did the kings give up on T-Rob so easily? The kings are even giving up on Jimmer. 11mpg is his lowest minutes. There are many players who have taken a while to develop, but then there are others who impact it right away... many many many more names there.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
He can't play defense the way the kings would want to use him. Randle next to Cuz would be horrible defensively... I would much rather have Gray next to Cuz.
Yes developing takes a while, but why did the kings give up on T-Rob so easily? The kings are even giving up on Jimmer. 11mpg is his lowest minutes. There are many players who have taken a while to develop, but then there are others who impact it right away... many many many more names there.
Really! Just how many one and done college players have been inpact players. Back in the days of Bird and Jordan, it was more common for a draft pick to have an impact, and that's because he had four years of college and you had a pretty good idea of what you were getting. Today, despite our best guess, its till a gamble. Today, the vast majority of the players coming out of college after on year take a while. The Anthony Davis are the exception not the rule.

If by saying that Randle can't play defense next to Cousins the way we would want him to, you mean he's not a shot blocker, then your right. Did you read what I said? I said I don't think Randle is a good fit for the Kings. Or do you just like to argue?

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Randle is a better mans Randolph
Which means he is going to be a very good player in the foreseeable future.
He's just not what the Kings need. If we had a draft pick where Randle was the best player remaining....trade up
It's pretty simple. I just hope the FO makes the same logical decision.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Larry had very quick hands and feet.
Jimmer has a problem of being too short. If you don't have a tall ball handler, you can't give consistent minutes to Fredette.
Ahhh, at what point did I compare Jimmer to Larry Bird? If I gave that impression, then shoot me. Can we please not argue over everything? Bird is one of my all time favorite players. Fredette isn't a pimple on his butt!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Ahhh, at what point did I compare Jimmer to Larry Bird? If I gave that impression, then shoot me. Can we please not argue over everything? Bird is one of my all time favorite players. Fredette isn't a pimple on his butt!
YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!! Put the gun away.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If we draft Parker and he stinks, what makes you think he'll be a tradable commodity? Not all college players are guaranteed to be successful in the NBA. If we draft Parker and IF he shows that he's too slow, has poor shot selection, low bball iq, bad defender, and etc. How valuable will he be then? T-Rob was a top 5 pick, look where he's at now.. we traded him for Patrick Patterson(stretch 4), Aldrich, Douglas, and $$$. Rockets ended up trading him...

I don't mind drafting Parker at all, but if we're looking at Gay as a long term SF the next 5 years, then Parker will just end up on our bench.

All the trades I proposed have the other teams selecting in the top 15 except maybe the Bulls.
I don't even know where to begin. Why would I draft anyone if I thought they were going to stink. What if an asteroid hits the earth tomorrow? Can we deal with facts please, and the fact are, that just about every college scout, and I agree, that Parker is going to be at minimum, a good NBA player, and at best, a superstar. Now I don't know how you watch basketball, but to my eye, he's already proven that he has very good BBIQ, is a very good athlete, and has excellent shot selection. Most of the criticism has to do with his defense, which I don't think is a big issue. Put him on a team where he doesn't have to carry the entire team, and he can concentrate on his defense, and he'll be fine.

Now you can try and lay every possible negative on him you want, but that doesn't make it true. Everyone agrees that Parker is going to be a very good basketball player, and if you have that sitting in front of you, I don't think you gamble on someone else that's a bigger risk. So let me ask you, as I make up my scenario. What if you pass on Parker and he becomes the next Durant? What then? How does Willie Cauley-Stein look to you then? The pendulum swings both ways.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't even know where to begin. Why would I draft anyone if I thought they were going to stink. What if an asteroid hits the earth tomorrow? Can we deal with facts please, and the fact are, that just about every college scout, and I agree, that Parker is going to be at minimum, a good NBA player, and at best, a superstar. Now I don't know how you watch basketball, but to my eye, he's already proven that he has very good BBIQ, is a very good athlete, and has excellent shot selection. Most of the criticism has to do with his defense, which I don't think is a big issue. Put him on a team where he doesn't have to carry the entire team, and he can concentrate on his defense, and he'll be fine.

Now you can try and lay every possible negative on him you want, but that doesn't make it true. Everyone agrees that Parker is going to be a very good basketball player, and if you have that sitting in front of you, I don't think you gamble on someone else that's a bigger risk. So let me ask you, as I make up my scenario. What if you pass on Parker and he becomes the next Durant? What then? How does Willie Cauley-Stein look to you then? The pendulum swings both ways.
Yes, yes, and all that but can we trust your evaluations? ;) Oh, dear.

Really! Just how many one and done college players have been inpact players. Back in the days of Bird and Jordan, it was more common for a draft pick to have an impact, and that's because he had four years of college and you had a pretty good idea of what you were getting. Today, despite our best guess, its till a gamble. Today, the vast majority of the players coming out of college after on year take a while. The Anthony Davis are the exception not the rule.

If by saying that Randle can't play defense next to Cousins the way we would want him to, you mean he's not a shot blocker, then your right. Did you read what I said? I said I don't think Randle is a good fit for the Kings. Or do you just like to argue?
You basically said you were raving all over him.. I said nope to Randle and you made arguments supporting Randle....