KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how this remotely helps the Celtics solve their biggest problem (bad guard play).
They need someone that can get their own offense outside of their system. Which is basically Tatum stays high and lobs shots. If he's off, Brown does it. lol. Collins could help but what the heck can the Celtics offer? So, it's either Barnes, Murray, or Celtics leftovers? Nice try Hawks. Also, this has to be part of a Barnes deal. I'm sure Ainge, or no Ainge, the C's still want Harrison.

Phili looking for cap space with Thybulle and their pick dangling? How bout taking Matisse in with our 5.6m trade exceptions we have sitting around? It works on the checkers.
I would assume the cap space they are trying to create is moving Tobias. I think the deal would be "take Tobias and we might consider Thuybulle and/or our pick to make it worth your while." Thuybulle was next to untouchable a year ago, so I can't imagine they are looking to offload him just to free up his limited salary.

I would assume the cap space they are trying to create is moving Tobias. I think the deal would be "take Tobias and we might consider Thuybulle and/or our pick to make it worth your while." Thuybulle was next to untouchable a year ago, so I can't imagine they are looking to offload him just to free up his limited salary.
I think the rumor was they want PJ Tucker at around a full MLE contract. Harden still has to re-sign and is supposed to be taking a smaller deal but this might be to get them under the tax because I don't think Philly can even offer a full MLE contract to anyone as is.

I think the rumor was they want PJ Tucker at around a full MLE contract. Harden still has to re-sign and is supposed to be taking a smaller deal but this might be to get them under the tax because I don't think Philly can even offer a full MLE contract to anyone as is.
But given how much they have loved Thuybulle in the past, I don't understand why they would trade HIM to free up $2.8M to get under the tax. Why not dump Niang ($3.3M) Jaden Springer ($2M) or Shake Milton ($1.8M)? Thuybulle has been (and presumably still is) worth much more to them than saving $2.8M in cap. Don't get me wrong; I'd do it in a hurry. But they just really value Thuybulle, so I can't imagine it is "trade Thuybulle for an expiring to get $2.8M in cap savings."

But given how much they have loved Thuybulle in the past, I don't understand why they would trade HIM to free up $2.8M to get under the tax. Why not dump Niang ($3.3M) Jaden Springer ($2M) or Shake Milton ($1.8M)? Thuybulle has been (and presumably still is) worth much more to them than saving $2.8M in cap. Don't get me wrong; I'd do it in a hurry. But they just really value Thuybulle, so I can't imagine it is "trade Thuybulle for an expiring to get $2.8M in cap savings."
I'm sure they'd ask for something more than that, but they want Tucker and don't have many options value wise. Also, he may not be worth nearly as much to them since the Harden trade and Maxey's rise. Thybulle is kind of a like a new version of Roberson. Sometimes 5 and 3 just don't cut it and paying a premium for it depends on the team.

With the attention being paid to Ivey as a candidate they would be wrong. At least in terms of value. This pick has to at least partially be viewed as an asset first and foremost IMO. If Mitchell or someone becomes available this deadline you better be bringing some goodies to the table.
It is quite possible Ivey slides all the way to 6. Guards are almost always discounted because they are easier to get.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...de-being-discussed-amid-pj-tucker-fa-interest

Per Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, "the Sixers are looking to make a three-team trade that could involve Matisse Thybulle and the No. 23 pick to create space. Sources have said the Sixers are attempting to trade Tobias Harris, but they are having a tough time getting teams to take on his lucrative contract."

I think it would look something like this:

Sac Receives: Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, and #23
Philly Receives: Barnes, Holiday, Len, Harkless

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2zzjru59

I'm sure they'd ask for something more than that, but they want Tucker and don't have many options value wise. Also, he may not be worth nearly as much to them since the Harden trade and Maxey's rise. Thybulle is kind of a like a new version of Roberson. Sometimes 5 and 3 just don't cut it and paying a premium for it depends on the team.
I love Thybulle. If we can get him I would pay a lot to do it. I hope you are right, though suspect it is something closer to what I proposed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...de-being-discussed-amid-pj-tucker-fa-interest

Per Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, "the Sixers are looking to make a three-team trade that could involve Matisse Thybulle and the No. 23 pick to create space. Sources have said the Sixers are attempting to trade Tobias Harris, but they are having a tough time getting teams to take on his lucrative contract."

I think it would look something like this:

Sac Receives: Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, and #23
Philly Receives: Barnes, Holiday, Len, Harkless

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2zzjru59
No way do they get out of the Harris deal in one fell swoop. I'm OK with gambling on Harris next to Barnes. The goal should be creating a two wing forward spot if it's a low cost gamble asset wise going back, not taking 2 steps back to go 2 forward.

No way do they get out of the Harris deal in one fell swoop. I'm OK with gambling on Harris next to Barnes. The goal should be creating a two wing forward spot if it's a low cost gamble asset wise going back, not taking 2 steps back to go 2 forward.
I'm not saying I am doing it. I am merely saying that this is the type of deal I think Philly has in mind- "we will give you Thybulle and our pick to take Harris, and matching salaries." I think there is less than zero chance the deal is "take Thybulle and our FRP, slot him into your trade exception, and give us nothing of value for the guy we have said was 'untradeable' less than a year ago."

Spurs pissing off their allstar pg lol
Or a desperate Hawks team is conveniently letting a certain call leak that ended in an abrupt dial tone. haha. The dominoes are falling and they are falling right on top of the PF position when it comes to value across the league. If Pop traded Murray for Collins it would be the exact opposite of a rebuild, lol. Nothing about this makes any sense.

I'm not saying I am doing it. I am merely saying that this is the type of deal I think Philly has in mind- "we will give you Thybulle and our pick to take Harris, and matching salaries." I think there is less than zero chance the deal is "take Thybulle and our FRP, slot him into your trade exception, and give us nothing of value for the guy we have said was 'untradeable' less than a year ago."
OK yeah, I can see that. Morey probably wants two future firsts to go with it though haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.