KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this long-long thread locked by tomorrow and get a new draft day one going. I went away late this afternoon for couple hours and was insane trying to keep up with avalanche of posts coming in. Fun reading but insane to keep up. Tomorrow "The Day" and needs to be special and rolling on with another 100+ page comments for sure.
Prediction just for the hell of it: 1) Orlando - Smith 2) OKC - Banchero 3) Houston - Ivey
4) Sac - Holmgren 5) Detroit - Murray 6) Indiana - Mathurin (of course trades could scramble it all)

Last edited:
The argument for drafting Murray is that 3/4 combo forwards who are plus defenders and can also stretch the floor have proved extremely difficult for us to find. His ceiling might be lower than Ivey's (I don't personally think it is) but we'd be filling a hole in the middle or our lineup that has persisted for well over a decade. He also seems extremely coachable and would fit with Mike Brown's desire to increase our paint touches. There may be some opportunities to get a player like that in free agency in a year but we always have to keep in mind that players aren't usually coming to Sacramento unless they've exhausted all other options.
they are difficult for anyone to find

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Hopefully this long-long thread locked by tomorrow and get a new draft day one going. I went away late this afternoon for couple hours and was insane trying to keep up with avalanche of posts coming in. Fun reading but insane to keep up. Tomorrow "The Day" and needs to be special and rolling on with another 100+ comments for sure. Prediction just for the hell of it: 1) Orlando - Smith 2) OKC - Banchero 3) Houston - Ivey
4) Sac - Holmgren 5) Detroit - Murray 6) Indiana - Mathurin (of course trades could scramble it all)
I would pretty much lose my mind if that happened, and not in a good way. I want Ivey, Murray, or Mathurin. I could live with Smith or Banchero. Chet scares the hell out of me. I know he's uber talented and a defensive stud and soon to be blinged out and sporting a grill to his draft day press conference but we have terrible luck with drafting bigs in the lottery. And the rest of the NBA hasn't fared much better.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
does anyone else prefer when we thought we were picking #7? I'd rather have discussions about Mathurin vs. Davis... honestly would rather have both of them over Ivey and Murray.... but that's just me.
No we can have any of those guys now. I don't think Monte is too concerned with winning the post-draft grade report. So we're ok.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
does anyone else prefer when we thought we were picking #7? I'd rather have discussions about Mathurin vs. Davis... honestly would rather have both of them over Ivey and Murray.... but that's just me.
I don't but only because I expect both Mathurin and Murray to be gone by 7 and I'm not really high on Davis or the consensus top 3. I think #4 is the best spot to be in this draft -- its the place where you get to pick whoever you want after the obvious top 3 picks are made or extort other teams who've fallen in love with someone they think is their missing piece.

There is a 100% chance that some subset of Kings fans will be pissed at the result no matter who it is. I think there's also a 100% chance we'll be a better team next year with Mike Brown and his staff in town and whatever the #4 pick nets us on our roster. This should be a time to kick back, relax, enjoy the draft day fireworks, and get used to the idea that a Fox and Sabonis core is going to be really good for quite awhile.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't but only because I expect both Mathurin and Murray to be gone by 7 and I'm not really high on Davis or the consensus top 3. I think #4 is the best spot to be in this draft -- its the place where you get to pick whoever you want after the obvious top 3 picks are made or extort other teams who've fallen in love with someone they think is their missing piece.

There is a 100% chance that some subset of Kings fans will be pissed at the result no matter who it is. I think there's also a 100% chance we'll be a better team next year with Mike Brown and his staff in town and whatever the #4 pick nets us on our roster. This should be a time to kick back, relax, enjoy the draft day fireworks, and get used to the idea that a Fox and Sabonis core is going to be really good for awhile.
Personally I am only high on Jabari so 4 is great because you have to pick the other guys if they are available (I think, maybe Monte does have enough trust capital to say "trust me" on a highly regarded prospect he doesn't like, but I am not sure). All he has to do now is align with Brown in whoever they want and I am sure Vivek will sign off.

With the 4th pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings select....

Jaden Ivey
Paolo Banchero
He's my biggest boom or bust pick and I don't see how he makes it out of the top 3.
Leave him on the board if hes there.
I'm with upinsmoke on this one.

Until proven otherwise and a different type of trend begins, leave the Duke players on the board for someone else to select.

Seemingly most the top prospects from that school have been injury prone. Even the great Grant Hill had issues with staying healthy. And we all know about Zion's career to this point.

Jayson Tatum is the only real exception since Elton Brand and he's still a frustrating player that is great but not THAT great.

Hopefully this long-long thread locked by tomorrow and get a new draft day one going. I went away late this afternoon for couple hours and was insane trying to keep up with avalanche of posts coming in. Fun reading but insane to keep up. Tomorrow "The Day" and needs to be special and rolling on with another 100+ page comments for sure.
Prediction just for the hell of it: 1) Orlando - Smith 2) OKC - Banchero 3) Houston - Ivey
my picks for the hell of it
1) Smith
2) holmgren
3) Banchero
4) Murray
5) Mathurin
6) Ivey

no, but sure wish we had stayed put in the 2018 draft when most of us were talking Mikal Bridges before moving up.

no, but sure wish we had stayed put in the 2018 draft when most of us were talking Mikal Bridges before moving up.
Eh, moving up wasn’t the problem. It was the decision making, as usual.

Hell, they could have selected Bridges #2 if they thought he was that good.

It’s never a bad thing to have better draft position.

Had they not moved up in the 2018 draft the decision makers they had at the time still would have found a way to screw up no matter where they drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.