KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ah, so someone must have got their "Murray" wires crossed in those phone taps. lol. The Spurs must be lonely and this has to be to get teams to just give them a ring right? No way this is true.
Apparently they're offering up a Murray for Collins trade, which would be absolutely ridiculous for the Spurs, who clearly should have started rebuilding like three years ago.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I assume the kings just take Ivey and then let the bidding begin for his services. If they don’t get what they want.

if the Kings trade for Collins tonight, we will be out on Murray .
I'm more than fine if we go that route, I am sure we wouldn't do it just to be smartest guy in the room and sure we could move either. Monte has had a few deals backfire at the 11th hour but he's also managed to hang in until he could make a play he liked (stupid Tristan move not withstanding).

Apparently they're offering up a Murray for Collins trade, which would be absolutely ridiculous for the Spurs, who clearly should have started rebuilding like three years ago.
For sure but this has to be either bait by the Spurs or yeah, trying to fluff up that Collins value. How the F does Murray not fit into a rebuild? He's on a steal of a contract. haha.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I guess a straight Barnes for Collins swap was the best offer they were getting.
If that was the deal, which way would we go in the draft?
Do you drop down for Mathurin or Daniels and future picks?

Or maybe you make a move with Holmes for Oubre? could we get one of their picks back as well ?
Take Ivey and then target an Eason

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I added to my post but doesn't it leave us with another hole in the 3 spot?
In worst case scenario, Monte then sits on his hands and does nothing the rest of the offseason, Harkless would suffice. With Fox/Ivey/Collins/Sabonis you don’t need a dude out there who’s going to do anything except play a little defense and stand in the corner.

Hopefully an upgrade would come from somewhere, but Hark as the 5th starter glue dude isnt the end of the world.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How effective would a fox, ivey, mitchell lineup be tho?
Offensively, all three guys are gamebreakingly fast. On defense, Davion would handle the point of attack. Fox has always tended to defend bigger players better than he'd defend other guards. Ivey is a mystery on that end.

Mike Brown transitioned the Warriors into a Box & 1 team by the end of the playoffs. That could be a good way to counteract a lot of our size issues with those three on the floor at the same time.

Offensively, all three guys are gamebreakingly fast. On defense, Davion would handle the point of attack. Fox has always tended to defend bigger players better than he'd defend other guards. Ivey is a mystery on that end.

Mike Brown transitioned the Warriors into a Box & 1 team by the end of the playoffs. That could be a good way to counteract a lot of our size issues with those three on the floor at the same time.
I just recently watched the entire Iowa-Purdue championship game. Ivey switched onto Keegan a few times and he didn't look that much smaller to me. He did well on him once and the other time they got the pass over the top to Murray, but Ivey certainly held his own.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The Warriors were essentially running three guard lineups the entire season. I could see Mike Brown doing a lot of the same.
I know they have a ton of flexibility but isn't Wiggins officially a 3?

It just feels like we've been so desperately trying to have those two positions anchored and we always have one giant hole in either 3/4 spot.

Brown's got his work cut out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.