Kings out of the picture for Iverson...

Ugh. This has turned into a mess. Bibby's been alienated and now the fan base has gotten its hopes up only to be sorely let down. This team needs a big change, and soon. Iverson would've done it. Now???

I don't even know anymore, but it's becoming less and less exciting around here. Checking the boards every 10 minutes to see if the Iverson deal was going down was the most fun I've had as a Kings fan all year.

For all of u who think Iverson is still coming here is some basic math for you:

Iverson doesn't want to come + sixers wanting Martin = NO DEAL

give them martin, after being as close as we were for years, the way we're playing now, and the whole moving issue, ill be honest and say that i want immediate gratification. i know that fans dont get to decide through thier opinions, the moves of a franchise, but i agree with lp, as a die hard kings fan, its gettng old. this iverson drama was the most interested ive been...

give them martin, after being as close as we were for years, the way we're playing now, and the whole moving issue, ill be honest and say that i want immediate gratification. i know that fans dont get to decide through thier opinions, the moves of a franchise, but i agree with lp, as a die hard kings fan, its gettng old. this iverson drama was the most interested ive been...
Man just stop with the quick fixes. Iverson has atleast 3 or 4 more good years left in him but Martin has a good 10 to 12. I will be more willing to stand by and watch a future star in Martin for the long term then a guy who will only be here for shot term and pee away our future. And with how the team is contsurted right now, i think it will take more then Iverson to get us anywhere near the playoff.

I hope the deal is dead. Its just another attempt to find a short-term, quick fix for a team that needs to tear down and start over. The sooner we face it, the sooner we can get it over with.

I hope the deal is dead. Its just another attempt to find a short-term, quick fix for a team that needs to tear down and start over. The sooner we face it, the sooner we can get it over with.
i thought we did that when we traded webber and i really thoought we did when we traded peja... then adelman. im not tryin to do a quick fix with this. in my opnion, iverson on this team makes us a contender for the title, while martin scoring 32 tonite, averaging an amazing 21 points does not give us a chance to even make the playoffs.

Ezekielbear is saying that the sixers wanted us to do the three team deal with GS and end up with Baron and Dalembert. We just said no thanks and then the sixers said they could get better offers so we said ok see ya. When they realize that they wont get better offers I bet Billy will call Geoff back. From what I have been reading on his site we werent talking about Kevin at all. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Man just stop with the quick fixes. Iverson has atleast 3 or 4 more good years left in him but Martin has a good 10 to 12. I will be more willing to stand by and watch a future star in Martin for the long term then a guy who will only be here for shot term and pee away our future. And with how the team is contsurted right now, i think it will take more then Iverson to get us anywhere near the playoff.
I completly agree with this, AI has 3 or 4 very goods year and K-mart has 10 to 12 years, but at this rate who knows where the majority of those years will be spent?!!...

Those 3 or 4 years sure would be a fun ride!!!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'd gladly give up Martin in a deal if we got rid of Kenny Thomas and got Dalembert and Iggy along with AI.

I don't think AI is the answer to our problems but getting rid of KT is a step in the right direction even if we take on Dalembert's questionable contract to do it. And Dalembert provides a stopgap to our big man problem. Then we try to move Miller for another defensive minded PF or Center and we have two defensive bigs to go along with Reef when we need an offensive punch in the post.

I really like Martin and he has been our only bright spot this season but he plays the most replaceable position in the NBA. He should be a major contributor to any team he is on from here on out but I don't see him as a Wade/Kobe or even a Pierce.

I'd still prefer to see us rebuild at a slower pace and can live with writing off this season entirely but at least there could be some upside with the other trade components rumored in the various AI deals.

I'd gladly give up Martin in a deal if we got rid of Kenny Thomas and got Dalembert and Iggy along with AI.

I don't think AI is the answer to our problems but getting rid of KT is a step in the right direction even if we take on Dalembert's questionable contract to do it. And Dalembert provides a stopgap to our big man problem. Then we try to move Miller for another defensive minded PF or Center and we have two defensive bigs to go along with Reef when we need an offensive punch in the post.

I really like Martin and he has been our only bright spot this season but he plays the most replaceable position in the NBA. He should be a major contributor to any team he is on from here on out but I don't see him as a Wade/Kobe or even a Pierce.

I'd still prefer to see us rebuild at a slower pace and can live with writing off this season entirely but at least there could be some upside with the other trade components rumored in the various AI deals.
They will not trade Iggy, lol.

What's better: 10 more years of a potential star or 3 years of a future hall of famer?

For the record, I don't support trading Martin for Iverson, but it does make you think...

What's better: 10 more years of a potential star or 3 years of a future hall of famer?

For the record, I don't support trading Martin for Iverson, but it does make you think...
I would take 10 years of star because Iverson won't have enough talent around him to get anywhere.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
They will not trade Iggy, lol.
That may be the case but he was included in at least half of the trade scenarios reported the past few days. And it would take the sting off of giving up Martin. In fact it would make a lot of sense since Iggy is a more well rounded player while Martin is a scorer and there's no sense having one of those around if you bring in AI.

That may be the case but he was included in at least half of the trade scenarios reported the past few days. And it would take the sting off of giving up Martin. In fact it would make a lot of sense since Iggy is a more well rounded player while Martin is a scorer and there's no sense having one of those around if you bring in AI.
I have seen fan proprosel including iggy but other then that i have seen nothing. For a team building for youth, trading Iggy would be stright up dumb. Martin and Iggy would be a wonderful core for the sixers for years to come, if they some how find a way to trick the kings into doing it.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I have seen fan proprosel including iggy but other then that i have seen nothing. For a team building for youth, trading Iggy would be stright up dumb. Martin and Iggy would be a wonderful core for the sixers for years to come, if they some how find a way to trick the kings into doing it.
Bucher's widely reported deal involved both AIs and Dalembert. I realize he's not a reliable source, but its been more than just fan proposals that include Iggy, that's just the one off the top of my head.

The other deal, according to the second source, would have sent Bibby and Thomas to the Los Angeles Clippers, who would send third-year point guard Shaun Livingston and veteran small forward Corey Maggette to Philadelphia. The 76ers, in turn, would send Iverson to Sacramento.
I have to point out how ridiculous the above trade is. Is this Sam Amick source informed??? If the Clippers want Bibby and Thomas why don't we just ship them straight off to the Clippers for Livingston and Maggette :eek:.

I have to point out how ridiculous the above trade is. Is this Sam Amick source informed??? If the Clippers want Bibby and Thomas why don't we just ship them straight off to the Clippers for Livingston and Maggette :eek:.
Here's my guess about what happened. Kings offered Bibby/Thomas for Iverson, Philly said, "Um, no."

Kings call Clippers and say, "Hey, we'll give you Bibby/Thomas if you send Livingston/Maggette to Philly," Clippers say, "Um, no."

^^^ exaclty right nrbrans. I don't think the clips were offering anything it was the kings who wanted to get Iverson in a three way deal which made them offer Bibby to the clippers.

Last edited:
hey im not trying to beat a dead horse, but eze said that he was watching comcast sports net in philly and they said that the kings have contacted philly again? take it for what its worth

Napear reiterated last night on CDs show that 3 different sources within the Kings organazation have said that there was never anything serious and any talks were very prelimenary at best. And that the majority of the rumours flying around and made out of thin air.