[Game] Kings @ Old Ben Gay Smelling Grandpas -- Jan. 5, 5:30PT/8:30ET

Fu Ref's. Nba is a Joke.
If Cousins would be Harden or some other soft poster boy of this league he would have shot 20 Ft's tonight.
And I don't care if they don't like him as a person. Thr job of the ref's is to be as unbiased as possible. If they can't be unbiased they shouldn't call games.
Pathetic.
If Cousins makes more 3 pointers than free throws, something is WRONG with the officiating. There was a blatant disregard for the rules of the game. Cousins was fouled every single time he got the ball in the post. Reach in fouls were deemed steals.... grabbing and pushing went totally ignored. REALLY bad night for the officiating crew.

That being said the Kings played with HEART. They did everything they could to win the game. Playing 5 on 8 is a difficult task.

As for Collison, he is having a bad season so far for sure. Dunno if it is because they brought in Rondo, but you would think that would have made him hone his game.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
well, I must have missed this one :)
I was talking about DeMarcus' block on Pachulia at the end of the game, where he clearly grabs Zaza's arm/shoulder with his off hand.
Oh, no I think that was clean enough for a physical game.

McGee on the other hand got treated like Collison, except it wasn't on a game deciding shot. Boogie hooked him wiht an elbow to the head and they caleld McGee for the foul.

I know if this were the NFL they would suspend him on intent alone.
i wonder if the NBA will let this slide?
Considering his reputation? I'd bet he at least gets fined. Just stupid........
Honestly, if I wanted to tell my teammate that DWill was going to drive left, I'd motion that way with my foot, but I guess that's probably too erudite for the masses. Given that it's Rondo, well, it could go either way.

As for Collison, he is having a bad season so far for sure. Dunno if it is because they brought in Rondo, but you would think that would have made him hone his game.

Where is this coming from? I have seen multiple people say this.

Look at the stats - per 36

2014-1527SACNBAPG454515656.012.7.473 1.43.7.373 4.68.9.5143.34.2.7880.42.9 3.3 5.8 1.5 0.3 2.6 2.2 16.7
2015-1628SACNBAPG3048886.213.4.459 1.33.9.340 4.89.5.5093.03.5.8600.52.1 2.6 5.8 1.1 0.0 2.4 2.2 16.7

virtually identical. Shooting a tad worse from the field, FT% is up, rebounds down (he's playing with Rondo) and assists are the same, ppg is the same. His ORTG and DRTG are virtually identical to last year as well. If he upped his shooting just a hair, he'd be as good or better than last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is this coming from? I have seen multiple people say this.

Look at the stats - per 36

2014-1527SACNBAPG454515656.012.7.4731.43.7.3734.68.9.5143.34.2.7880.42.93.35.81.50.32.62.216.7
2015-1628SACNBAPG3048886.213.4.4591.33.9.3404.89.5.5093.03.5.8600.52.12.65.81.10.02.42.216.7

virtually identical. Shooting a tad worse from the field, FT% is up, rebounds down (he's playing with Rondo) and assists are the same, ppg is the same. His ORTG and DRTG are virtually identical to last year as well. If he upped his shooting just a hair, he'd be as good or better than last year.
He isn't horrible, he's just inconsistent. One game he's brilliant, the other he's brain-dead. It is why he's never held the starting spot with an iron grip wherever he's been.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You want to know something funny?

Comment: Q5 00:33.3 Foul: Offensive Dirk Nowitzki Darren Collison CNC (correct non call) Nowitzki (DAL) makes a legal move prior to his made jump shot attempt. Video

From the league's L2M recap. See, apparently pushing smaller defenders to the ground is legal if you are a longtime institution like Dirk. In fact as it turns out, it was the poor Mavs who got screwed by the whistles. The only missed calls on them in the entire late game and overtimes turned out to be 3 secodn violations. So there, the league has spoken. Don't you feel like they are on your side?:

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/01/L2M-SAC-DAL-1-5-16.pdf

Glenn

Hall of Famer

Comment: Q5 00:33.3 Foul: Offensive Dirk Nowitzki Darren Collison CNC (correct non call) Nowitzki (DAL) makes a legal move prior to his made jump shot attempt. Video

From the league's L2M recap. See, apparently pushing smaller defenders to the ground is legal if you are a longtime institution like Dirk. In fact as it turns out, it was the poor Mavs who got screwed by the whistles. The only missed calls on them in the entire late game and overtimes turned out to be 3 secodn violations. So there, the league has spoken. Don't you feel like they are on your side?:

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/01/L2M-SAC-DAL-1-5-16.pdf
No. Curry used the same move Dirk used and was called for a foul.

If you get bored Brick, check out 16:45 from this old video, they explain these sort of things in a deeper manner.

Wow, that's ridiculous, clearly Collision committed a foul on Dirk there. Should have been a three point play.