[Game] Kings @ Nets 1-21 12:30pt/3:30et

I think it's the beyond terrible defensive display. Nets just draining 3 after 3. Kings showing little resistance.

Remember, the Kings are an offensive team. In a game being played at this pace scoring droughts like they've had in this one is like almost any other loss they've had this year, the predictor of things to come. They shouldn't have to rely on miraculous comebacks that often.

We’re all missing the bright side.

At least Bjelica will be well rested for the B2B tomorrow!!!

And for the next bashing of Bjelica I want whoever brings it up to replay this game and look at the defensive formations of the opposing team. They have been allowed to track the ball with as many as 3 defenders all night. Teams have figured it out. I've never seen a team fight against it's own identity as hard as the Kings have this year. They are a pick and roll team that is going to have to spread and shoot when teams pack it in.

Have Kings gotten to the line at all in 2nd half? Nets far more attacking rim and gotten to the stripe throughout. Kings just chucking and chucking away!
The Nets have taken the middle of the paint away. Then on the other side the Kings haven't stacked enough shooting outside of the end of the 2nd quarter when they went small to force them out of the middle. The Nets are tracking pick and rolls with as many as 3 layers of defenders and the Kings aren't killing them from the opposite corner because they don't have any shooting from the big spot.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He’s hitting a low recently, but he hasn’t been playing how he did to start the season for a long, long time
I think it all comes down to the energy factor. Without his legs, his shooting went downhill and the result is what we see - forcing the issue. He's not going to get foul calls, so he's between a rock and a hard place right now. He's got to get his mojo back and his outside shooting back to open up the rest of his game.

The team needs outside threats to create space for Fox. When Belly isn't producing, you're left with JJ as a small ball 4, or the rookie struggles of a Giles-Bagley combo.

Fox is getting tired but on top of that, teams are now playing the Kings pick and roll differently when they do finally run more and more of it. They can go to either extremes against the Kings. One play they can play very soft on the pick, on the next they can play very aggressively. They can do this because they know the Kings won't attack them from the perimeter via spot shooters. The only reason the Kings got back in the 2nd is because they did. The Kings never went back after that. Instead he took Buddy out early in the 3rd and took more shooting off the floor. It's mind boggling at times.

The road trip isn't exactly looking pretty. Not a panoramic view, that's for sure.

I'm more concerned with how it's looking to other coaching staffs around the league. If they are watching close enough they might have just figured out the Kings for good. If they have this could get ugly in a hurry. From then on it's miracle games from 2 players or bust.