[Game] Kings @ Nets 1-21 12:30pt/3:30et

It’s too much for him. He has no motor and doesn’t want to play.

Shump at least has heart, it’s just the talent lacks

Bjelica looks like he will be a bad contract at this pace, and I don’t know if he will give good backup minutes
Not sure how you blame Beli versus our guards who couldn’t hit the ocean with an oar.

It’s too much for him. He has no motor and doesn’t want to play.

Shump at least has heart, it’s just the talent lacks

Bjelica looks like he will be a bad contract at this pace, and I don’t know if he will give good backup minutes
Baloney. Namanja has plenty of heart. We couldn’t hit a shot and historically Namanja is one of our best shooters.

No, yours is.

First, Buddy isn't an 'ISO' player. For the most part, most the players Vlade has assembled are 'team' players that move the ball. He's not building an ISO heavy team -- even though there are times when it's needed.

And Buddy CAN handle the ball and drive by defenders when they react to his jump shot. He can finish at the rim. He can make plays for his teammates. You're flat wrong about him. Can he put on a dribbling display a la James Harden? NO. Can he create for teammates like LeBron James? NO. That's not his game or what the KINGS want him to do. But he can put the ball on the floor w/o being a liability.

You're making him sound as if he's merely a spot shooter a la Kyle Korver which he is not. He's much more than that. But that doesn't mean anyone is saying he's Kobe Bryant either. It's not 100% one way or the other. It's more in between.

Really, go down the list of Elite teams, not playoff teams.
See how many you can name that don’t have a great ISO player.

Every Great team in this league now has at least 1 Great ISO player.

This road trip looks like it’s shaping up to be a disaster. 3-3 isn’t looking likely and that was originally my live with because I thought the Kings would find three wins with Hornets, Detroit, Brooklyn, and Memphis. Teams I think the Kings are better than and still do think are better than.

Kings still have their fatal flaws though

Defense is a joke as usual.

Atrocious defensive rebounding broke the Kings back again. It’s bad enough they rarely get stops. Kings should’ve been up by much more at half time but second chance points and free throws from exposing the Kings poor perimeter defense kept it close.

What’s really done the Kings in during what should be a 0-3 road trip on performance is the Kings have been terrible offensively. Fox is having a very poor road trip scoring the ball and the starting lineup is in somewhat of an identity crisis now. Kings aren’t getting the balanced effort with Shumperts shooting struggles and Bjelicas sudden lack of confidence or effectiveness. We need Bjelis 10-12 points we need Shumps 8-9 points, and obviously we need Fox to be better otherwise this team can’t really compete. The starters have been getting hammered pretty consistently as of late.

I think Willie is playing well. Still would like to see him put his hands up more but hes not trying to do too much yet pretty much getting the same numbers offensively(but more efficient) when he was forcing more one on ones a couple of weeks ago.

Bogdan had an excellent game though some head scratching turnovers.

JJ bounced back nicely from a relapse last game

Marvin and Harry working it out. Their problems all come down to timing right now. Urgency when they need patience. Patience when they need urgency. Kings have to lead the league on blown “mouse in the house” opportunities simply cause our young guys get too excited and rush the shot when they have the mismatch.

Last edited:
This about sums it up.

"During the final 24 minutes, the Kings shot just 15-of-47 (31.9 percent) from the field and 2-of-8 (25 percent) from behind the 3-point line. After turning the ball over four times in the first half, Sacramento gave it away 10 times after the intermission."

Not going to win any games that way.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/kings-struggle-second-half-embarrassed-road-brooklyn-nets
Yes, Turnovers seem to have become a bigger problem for the team now than earlier in the season.

I didn't see the game, but do see the final score....usually the Kings are in the game --> as long as their offense is doing well. I saw them down 64-66 in the early 3rd on a ticker and figured too bad I can't watch. I figured wrong, and am happy to have missed what the post-mortem shows as an offensive melt down - 9 pts in the 4th quarter. They've had some good wins at home, but the road has been getting more difficult. Hield having an off-night is a death-knell especially with other players unable to pick up the slack.

He’s being judged on why he played 5 minutes. Joerger along with the fans are tired of his act
If any act is tired it’s Joeger going to the losing small ball line-up around WCS who is not a great passer of interior threat and Jackson at the 4 who is a poor rebounder....

This game... WCS -20, Jackson -19, Shumpert -25. In general, those three have one of the worst 3 man net rating of all Kings triplets of -14.2. Bogdanovic, Jackson and WCS is slightly better at -3.

If any act is tired it’s Joeger going to the losing small ball line-up around WCS who is not a great passer of interior threat and Jackson at the 4 who is a poor rebounder....

This game... WCS -20, Jackson -19, Shumpert -25. In general, those three have one of the worst 3 man net rating of all Kings triplets of -14.2. Bogdanovic, Jackson and WCS is slightly better at -3.
Well, that’s another issue. Your right that the game was lost with that lineup (Jackson at the 4). Should’ve been Bagley, though, not struggling Bjelica. Infact that may have been the impetus of Marvin’s instagram

Well, that’s another issue. Your right that the game was lost with that lineup (Jackson at the 4). Should’ve been Bagley, though, not struggling Bjelica. Infact that may have been the impetus of Marvin’s instagram
Bagley and WCS when playing together -2.9.
WCS and Giles +9.7
WCS and Bjelicia +5.7

On this point, for now, I do agree with you. De'Aaron has been in a funk for a while. His shots are consistently short or long. He has lost confidence in his jumper again. Even his touch around the rim on drives to the basket has been erratic. That's why he's largely been deferring. He might make 1 or 2, but then it goes away. We haven't seen him get hot and string a bunch together in a while. Even his defense has regressed. He's getting beat and/or overpowered often.

As I said a week or so ago, IDK if he has tired legs from nearly 50 games of pushing pace or what. But I am officially becoming concerned.
I wouldn't be too concerned yet. He's still young and really didn't start struggling until about 2-3 weeks ago. If he is still playing like this by this point next year then I think we can be concerned.

All things considered, one can forgive Iman for having an off game today.
^^^ I just twitter searched “Iman Shumpert.”

..... smh
I hadn't heard anything about any of that false baby news until looking into it just now wondering what you guys were alluding to. Both Shump's wife and the alleged 3rd party have debunked the rumor. Good news for Iman.

Your logic is flawed.

To be a great ISO player. You need to have 2 inherent qualities.

1. Outstanding ball handling
2. Great shooting

A. Hield is a great shooter. He can’t break anyone down that is above average defensively, because he can’t handle the ball.

B. Fox: Has Decent handles. But, he cannot shoot the ball. Does he really have a mid range and long range consistent game? No.

Where did I say they were GREAT iso players? They can iso. We've already gone through the Buddy can't create his own shot mantra and it's still in the same crumbled pile of bits it was since the last time.

It’s ridiculous to judge anyone in 5 minutes.

And you have to put into context how he's been handled since his leash has been shortened significantly. He's first to pay, last to play. He stays out of the areas Fox wants to be. Bagley and Willie together don't. Today, Harry and Bagley didn't either.

Did you watch Bjeli attempt to play today? He didn’t play enough to get blamed for the loss, but dude clearly had nothing out there.

He has his downs but he's a bit like Buddy in the sense that if you give players like that enough time and looks in a game they can catch fire and make up a deficit by themselves. You don't want to live and die on that as a team but at some point this shooting team has to come to grips with what they are and place their bets where the most likely payoff is going to come from.

Part of the problem is that Brooklyn is playing really well and beating everyone in sight. A noon game on the East Coast gives them a huge advantage. The Kings played like they were wearing combat boots. They got beat.

This is no time to panic and start big line-up changes. This the time to rally the troops, get a good night's sleep and come out hustling.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm more concerned with how it's looking to other coaching staffs around the league. If they are watching close enough they might have just figured out the Kings for good. If they have this could get ugly in a hurry. From then on it's miracle games from 2 players or bust.
If it took opposing coaches over half the season "to figure them out," they are slow learners.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Forget about Bjelica and Bogs and Hield and Fox's offense. They crumbled in the 3rd quarter because there was absolutely no defense. It was a joke. The guy that was the hero in the last game - Buddy - was the defensive jokester in the Nets game. He wasn't close to his man, and Bogs was right there beside him in jokesterville, and Bjelica was taken out after 5 minutes because he was a statue. Even Fox got into the mix of defensive ineptitude by being distracted by a ref or a fan at the beginning of the 3rd quarter near the Nets' basket and being oblivious to a Net driving the lane for a layup. It's really time for the Kings to look themselves in the mirror and ask whether they really are willing to pay the price in effort to go to the playoffs, or not. At this point, it doesn't appear so. I get the feeling this team is hanging by their fingernails and they just aren't quite sure they want to endure the effort, pain and discipline of defense in order to get to a possible playoff spot.

All things considered, one can forgive Iman for having an off game today.
It's not just one game though, Shumpert has been horrific offensively the last 5 games.

Iman Shumpert Field Goals Last 5 Games:

2-9
2-9
3-9
3-9
1-10

.239 FG% Over Last 5 Games with a .263 3-Point%

Those numbers are unacceptable from a starting SF. You can't win when your starting SF is giving you a sub .250% and you're not get much from your PF either. Shumper's shot selection has also been terrible (for some reason he thinks he can make the same tough shots Buddy does) but it doesn't help that he's also missing wide open shots.

I like Shump's intensity and his defense is mostly good (he has been bad in stretches too) but these shooting percentages and hunting for bad shots have to improve. Of late he seems to also be running his mouth more than ever on the court and on twitter.....and it's like dude you might want to stop chirping so much when you're playing so bad.

If it took opposing coaches over half the season "to figure them out," they are slow learners.

Most teams don't want to utilize the defensive strategies the Nets used against them. The Kings still run quite a bit of college offense and now teams have figured out you just run college defense back at them.

It's not just one game though, Shumpert has been horrific offensively the last 5 games.

Iman Shumpert Field Goals Last 5 Games:

2-9
2-9
3-9
3-9
1-10

.239 FG% Over Last 5 Games with a .263 3-Point%

Those numbers are unacceptable from a starting SF. You can't win when your starting SF is giving you a sub .250% and you're not get much from your PF either. Shumper's shot selection has also been terrible (for some reason he thinks he can make the same tough shots Buddy does) but it doesn't help that he's also missing wide open shots.

I like Shump's intensity and his defense is mostly good (he has been bad in stretches too) but these shooting percentages and hunting for bad shots have to improve. Of late he seems to also be running his mouth more than ever on the court and on twitter.....and it's like dude you might want to stop chirping so much when you're playing so bad.

Yeah, way too much of the offense is going to Shumpert with a live dribble. He needs to spot and if he drives he needs to dish it back out like a true floor spreader. I'll beat the same drum, the Kings don't have a shot of going anywhere until they can get their 3 best players (Fox, Hield, and Bogdanovic) working as a unit.