[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also rewatching the stretch run, the Mavs and Luka seem to think he is a better defender than he actually is. There were multiple possessions where they were perfectly content with letting him defend De'Aaron one-on-one which would be less than ideal even if Luka was a good defender at this point in his career. Are we sure Carlisle is a good coach?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Also rewatching the stretch run, the Mavs and Luka seem to think he is a better defender than he actually is. There were multiple possessions where they were perfectly content with letting him defend De'Aaron one-on-one which would be less than ideal even if Luka was a good defender at this point in his career. Are we sure Carlisle is a good coach?
Better than Dirk defending him (probably)

Oh my. I mean, OH EFFING MY!!!

Where's the Fox detractor now? I'm so tempted to just get Brickie's bat out of mothballs.
As an aside, you would think Brickie would have came back with Bagley and Giles on board plus Fox and with Boogie in Golden Statr helping them play his most hated form of hoops. Oh well. Cest la vie.

Good comeback on the road against a team with a pretty good home court record. The Mavs were hitting threes for a while so it didn’t look good. But then Swipa took over on the offensive end.

Wish MB3 had played more than 24 minutes. I know he’s been on a minutes restriction but they seemed to have relaxed that a bit as he’d gone closer to 30 lately, notably the Brooklyn game.

Good stretch by WCS too and some timely shots by Buddy, BoBo and Barnes. So glad they’re still hovering at or around .500. Gotta get one against SA or HOU.

FWIW, great game sans 3 pt shooting for #77. I half joked last week that he might go for 35/10/10 tonight and turns out that was pretty darn close. He created a lot of open shots for his teammates which they were hitting for a while. That said, glad the KINGS were able to take advantage of him on the other end on some key possessions.

Last edited:
Not trying to beat a dead horse here but it's truly amazing the few people who harp on Fox. Not going to call anyone....

Fox is a second year player at a position that most every expert agrees takes a few years to fully understand yet Fox has taken such a major leap in his second year that everyone league wide is in awe of his maturity, decision making, passing, shooting, scoring, defense, leadership, and overall future. People across the league are absolutely GUSHING about Fox as a future face of the league, they LOVE watching him play, they all agree that he has future all star at minimum written all over his smiling face. And here we are on Kingsfans having to hear from our own fans about how he isnt doing enough, well enough, whatever negative thing.

Cry me a river. Cry me a freaking river haters.

And finally, 538 had the Kings winning 23 games this season. They are at 37. 10 games more than last year. When you have watched basketball as long as I have and see a team make a 10 game jump mostly through internal development you know the next season is going to be a helluva lot of fun.

If you arent ready for it I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had to pull a come behind win to beat a Mavs team that traded away 4 of their 5 starters. I guess I'd rather prefer a win than a loss, but this team has been so hard to watch since the ASB. Is there a motivation problem with this team? Why do we need these pull behind victories? Why can't we play good for the entire 48minutes?

I know they're young, but aside from Fox's comeback at the end, the game was so ugly for us.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We had to pull a come behind win to beat a Mavs team that traded away 4 of their 5 starters. I guess I'd rather prefer a win than a loss, but this team has been so hard to watch since the ASB. Is there a motivation problem with this team? Why do we need these pull behind victories? Why can't we play good for the entire 48minutes?

I know they're young, but aside from Fox's comeback at the end, the game was so ugly for us.
It was our third game in four nights, everyone not named Fox or Willie or Bogdan (Bogie quietly had his best game in a month tonight) had an off night and this team misses Harry Giles more than I thought it would.

It was our third game in four nights, everyone not named Fox or Willie or Bogdan (Bogie quietly had his best game in a month tonight) had an off night and this team misses Harry Giles more than I thought it would.
I agree with all of this, especially that they miss Harry G. Harry brings so much more than Kosta and yet Harry is still just a rookie that hasnt taken the gloves off fully

1553659002232.png

He is if he wants to teach Luka a lesson and retain their pick.

You could see Fox's eyes light up when Luka came out on him by himself. Luka with his matador defense had no chance! LOL :p

eh, if I'm not impressed by us barely beating a tanking team who lost 4 of their 5 starters.. I guess I am a debbie downer.
This isn't a video game. You need to consider the context, which Tetsujin provided. Third game in four nights, on the road, in a place that is difficult for the visiting team, missing a rotational player, at the end of a long season, disappointingly out of the playoff chase, against an NBA team with actual NBA talent, and a spread of -1 (Kings). Given the context, I'm happy for a win since this could have easily been a loss in the real world.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here but it's truly amazing the few people who harp on Fox. Not going to call anyone....

Fox is a second year player at a position that most every expert agrees takes a few years to fully understand yet Fox has taken such a major leap in his second year that everyone league wide is in awe of his maturity, decision making, passing, shooting, scoring, defense, leadership, and overall future. People across the league are absolutely GUSHING about Fox as a future face of the league, they LOVE watching him play, they all agree that he has future all star at minimum written all over his smiling face. And here we are on Kingsfans having to hear from our own fans about how he isnt doing enough, well enough, whatever negative thing.

Cry me a river. Cry me a freaking river haters.

And finally, 538 had the Kings winning 23 games this season. They are at 37. 10 games more than last year. When you have watched basketball as long as I have and see a team make a 10 game jump mostly through internal development you know the next season is going to be a helluva lot of fun.

If you arent ready for it I feel sorry for you.
I'm excited and ready. I cannot wait the next season. The team's potential is so high that I'm not able to imagine the end of it. Bearing injuries, we should expect playoffs as almost given.

This isn't a video game. You need to consider the context, which Tetsujin provided. Third game in four nights, on the road, in a place that is difficult for the visiting team, missing a rotational player, at the end of a long season, disappointingly out of the playoff chase, against an NBA team with actual NBA talent, and a spread of -1 (Kings). Given the context, I'm happy for a win since this could have easily been a loss in the real world.
OMG, the CONTEXT!! (Good job.)

Status
Not open for further replies.