[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - 12/7/16 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

We're very close to me not minding the loss as an impetus for change.

Spotlight on Collison, he's been a letdown as the teams third option thus far

Vivek Ranadive 2014:

“Last year, when the season started, I said it wasn’t going to be about wins and losses. “When I came here and we bought the team, there was dysfunction in the locker room, there wasn’t mutual respect, the arena was literally falling apart, the roof was falling down. So we brought in a new team, we restored stability, restored respect, we put in a strong culture. But this year, let’s be clear, it is about wins and losses.”

Well Vivek, it's now 2017... and more of the same.

Now let's consider this possibility: we beat the Mavs.

So we beat the Mavs, go 2-3 on the trip, while having a likely win stolen out from under us in Philly (another 4-16 team) and saved for later in the year. Would 3-3 with 3 close losses have been considered a bad trip? When one of those losses is in OT on the second night of a back to back?

There remains an optics problem with this team for fans. They are missing how close its been to doing decently well.
I would agree that the team is much more competitive. My point is that losing to the Mavs is really bad. Perhaps worse than losing to the Sixers, because Philly is competitive when they have Embiid.

They're still tripping up in games they can/should win. The team always comes back, but they get down and they don't seem to ever get into any groove (minus one game). The question being if this is a problem the players and coaches can fix themselves or not.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Last time I saw the Kings play the Mavericks the Mavericks had 5 Guards on the court and Wes Matthews was guarding Demarcus Cousins

Gay and cousins should be challenged to get 8 assists and NOT allowed to take more than 15 shots for 10 straight games....if this season wins dont matter then id rather see more of a push to accelerate the team learning system

Vivek Ranadive 2014:

“Last year, when the season started, I said it wasn’t going to be about wins and losses. “When I came here and we bought the team, there was dysfunction in the locker room, there wasn’t mutual respect, the arena was literally falling apart, the roof was falling down. So we brought in a new team, we restored stability, restored respect, we put in a strong culture. But this year, let’s be clear, it is about wins and losses.”

Well Vivek, it's now 2017... and more of the same.
Nothing new. Always was and always will be. We are not winning enough. I don't believe that pleases anyone. So what do we do? Well, we root for the team to win the next game. And, wn or lose, we read the paper the next morning. In the meantime my understanding goes out to Vivek and the team.

No spacing what so ever on offense, Joergers gonna ride this two center lineup the way Karl ran the 2 PG lineup.....stubborness......thankfully we play a bad enough team today to maybe overcome this.

Cant really blame the players for lack of ball movement theres no where to go with the ball.

Collison had Ben in rythm but held the ball 2 or 3 extra seconds to make sure his defender recovered to contest ben shot...sticky hands.