[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - 12/7/16 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

If the Kings lose this one, would anyone be interested in making a wager that they will make the playoffs this year?
I feel this is an absolute must-win, or they will not make it, and would wager the traditional off-season avatar privileges on it.

If the Kings lose this one, would anyone be interested in making a wager that they will make the playoffs this year?
I feel this is an absolute must-win, or they will not make it, and would wager the traditional off-season avatar privileges on it.
Sounds good. Win or lose this we're still a lock for the playoffs :D

Playoffs!!?

gunks

Hall of Famer
Anything less than a blowout win and I'm going to be hella irk'd!

Come on guys, crush em. And win a gosh dang 1st quarter for once!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
no Bogut tomorrow -- hurt as always.

best of luck to the rest of the Mavs frontline.

DeMarcus Cousins vs. Dwight Powell, Salah Mejri, and A.J. Hammons. Who ya got? :p

Bricklayer

I think the possible broken hand has the best chance at stopping him tomorrow
good lord. Its one of those stories that gets passed around getting bigger and bigger at each telling. Now it's up to "possible broken hand". By tomorrow it will be amputated at the shoulder for sure. By the time the team arrives back in Sacto, complications will probably have set in, and we'll have the memorial service set for Thursday.

good lord. Its one of those stories that gets passed around getting bigger and bigger at each telling. Now it's up to "possible broken hand". By tomorrow it will be amputated at the shoulder for sure. By the time the team arrives back in Sacto, complications will probably have set in, and we'll have the memorial service set for Thursday.
Good lord. What an overreaction. The sensitivity around here is growing by the minute...

The comment was essentially that a POSSIBLE broken hand is the only thing that would be able to stop him against that pathetic frontcout Dallas is going to trot out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good lord. What an overreaction. The sensitivity around here is growing by the minute...

The comment was essentially that a POSSIBLE broken hand is the only thing that would be able to stop him against that pathetic frontcout Dallas is going to trot out.
I'm going to try to point out that there is no confirmation that Boogie suffered any kind of injury, let alone a "possible" broken hand. I don't think Brickie was overreacting as much as he was pointing out the absurdity of all the rumors floating around with no substantiation.

I'm going to try to point out that there is no confirmation that Boogie suffered any kind of injury, let alone a "possible" broken hand. I don't think Brickie was overreacting as much as he was pointin
g out the absurdity of all the rumors floating around with no substantiation.
I said nothing incorrect. I could argue that there is no confirmation that he didn't break his hand (double negative, I know). It was poking fun at what has been said around these parts. I'm not trying to say Cousins was in the wrong or that Cousins did in fact break his hand. I'm simply using something people have been saying and turning into a funny little comment. You may not have thought it was funny, but that doesn't mean the comment & intention was harmful.

Powell, Mejri, & Hammons don't have a shot in hell at stopping Cousins, so what COULD stop Cousins tomorrow? If his hand does happen to be broken. What more is there to look into?

Bricklayer

I said nothing incorrect. I could argue that there is no confirmation that he didn't break his hand (double negative, I know). It was a poke using what has been said around these parts.

Powell, Mejri, & Hammons don't have a shot in hell at stopping Cousins, so what COULD stop Cousins tomorrow? If his hand does happen to be broken. What more is there to look into?
stick an emoji behind the statement and it works a lot better as poke ;)

It's the final game of this #@~$^%* road tour...
People here say it's a win-or-blow-it-up game...

...And YOU are not there to predict it???

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg

Time to predict the results of Kings game #22:
On the road vs the Mavericks, Wednesday 12/7, 5:30PM

Yet to predict this one: To post a prediction follow THIS LINK to the prediction thread.

(Grading & Prediction Rules: See First posts of the Prediction Thread)

Leaderboard & Info

Join the action!

* BTW, HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM @gil renard - THE PREDICTION GAME LEADER?
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HE IS OK? :eek:

:confused: I'M WORRIED BECAUSE HE MISSED POSTING PREDICTIONS FOR THE LAST TWO GAMES,
AFTER NEVER MISSING A SINGLE GAME PRIOR TO THAT.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

The Mavs have severe talent problems. Lose this and there's a major shake-up occurring.
Now let's consider this possibility: we beat the Mavs.

So we beat the Mavs, go 2-3 on the trip, while having a likely win stolen out from under us in Philly (another 4-16 team) and saved for later in the year. Would 3-3 with 3 close losses have been considered a bad trip? When one of those losses is in OT on the second night of a back to back?

There remains an optics problem with this team for fans. They are missing how close its been to doing decently well.

As far as I know Bogut will be out for tonights game after he was injured in the previous Mavs game against the Hornets.

There will be no excuses for not winning by a large margin, and if we lose... and I'm sure as hell can think about this option in my mind, if we lose then we night just consider losing this season and tank for the next or whatever.

I just hope the Kings are going to win this one easily.

I always enjoy a beat down of the Dallas Mark Cuban's:) We all need to wear our hats upside down or something to change the first quarter luck. The Kings are due a game where the shots fall, I hope it is tonight!!!

I also think the Kings are very close to turning the corner. I'm not sure what it will take but it will most likely need to be internal. Joerger starting Willie and Temple alongside Collison, Rudy and Boogie is one possible solution. Lawson channeling his Denver self is another. A trade for a sweet shooting PF or SG is another. Is there a Euro PF out there who can defend, rebound and hit a J?

I always enjoy a beat down of the Dallas Mark Cuban's:) We all need to wear our hats upside down or something to change the first quarter luck. The Kings are due a game where the shots fall, I hope it is tonight!!!

I also think the Kings are very close to turning the corner. I'm not sure what it will take but it will most likely need to be internal. Joerger starting Willie and Temple alongside Collison, Rudy and Boogie is one possible solution. Lawson channeling his Denver self is another. A trade for a sweet shooting PF or SG is another. Is there a Euro PF out there who can defend, rebound and hit a J?
Well Dmo seems desperate to get out of Houston. As far as I understood he can't sign with the Nets for a year, if the Rockets decide to put him back in restricted FA. Can he be hired by another NBA team? I don't know, but he would fit decently with DMC on offense as a jack of all trades. His defense and rebounding is not his strong side, but DMC, Willie, Dmo would give us a pretty versatile front court rotation and Dmo would give our second unit a post up option, if we decide to go small in the starting unit.