Kings make offer to Iguodala

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Nobody wanted Jimmer but that's when we were trying to get something. Trading him for a future 2nd rounder is an offer no team can refuse. The idea is to dump him (sorry, Jimmer) and not get a player for him.
I'm not convinced teams will want Jimmer and his 2.6M contract. I hope someone will step up, but I'm not confident about that.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Panic, my friend... lost my cool and may have went a little overboard haha!
Understandable as my heart rate hit 140 in anger until I thought about the situation. The given in all this is that we are dealing with a GM who knows how to manipulate the CBA. This ain't Petrie with George whispering in his ear.

I'm not convinced teams will want Jimmer and his 2.6M contract. I hope someone will step up, but I'm not confident about that.
Thornton is far easier to trade, but the trick is coming back with less salary than you just sent out. Jimmer's salary isn't exactly terrible, and he can still provide shooting to the right team. Maybe a team takes him, can't hurt to try again

I've mentioned before, the dream scenario IMO would be to match Reke and then S&T Iggy for Thornton and Salmons. We know what Thornton offers to them, while Salmons would be a stopgap backup SF with a decent sized expiring contract. Contract numbers seem relatively close for such a deal to go through.
It makes sooooo much sense. I'd be shocked if this new regime doesn't see that

Guess it obviously depends on how much Denver values their guy, and how much they care for the idea of
adding Thornton. Isn't PD a salary cap genius of sorts? I'd Love to be a fly on the wall

Maybe Vivek said "Hey, do whatever you have to do to get iggy, and we'll focus on Evans afterward.

Again, usually if you want someone off your team the other teams wont want them. People need to put themselves in the oppositions shoes here.. I'm about to put Thornton/Jimmer/Salmons etc have negative value in my signature

Entity

Hall of Famer
I forgot the salary. Oops! Package him with IT and it may be more palatable.
IT would be a good package with Hayes for another big. kinda even out the contract of hayes with IT aboard. But then you have to keep jimmer or hope Macallum is ready cause we then wouldn't have a backup pg.

Understandable as my heart rate hit 140 in anger until I thought about the situation. The given in all this is that we are dealing with a GM who knows how to manipulate the CBA. This ain't Petrie with George whispering in his ear.
Rational thinking came to my rescue as well. I thought of the numerous reports that said Tyreke left the meeting yesterday happy and I figured there is a reason for that. Plus, your work along with all the others adding up the numbers shows that it is possible to get both with a few tweaks, so hope was restored for the time being. Vivek has all the confidence in the world with PDA, and so shall I (liable to change).

Entity

Hall of Famer
Again, usually if you want someone off your team the other teams wont want them. People need to put themselves in the oppositions shoes here.. I'm about to put Thornton/Jimmer/Salmons etc have negative value in my signature
I think in all hinges on the amnesty of Salmons. I think Thornton sticks around for his 2 remaining years for insurance incase Bmac doesn't catch on quick.

Evans
Bmac
Iggy

or

Evans
Thornton
Iggy.

works for me

If you can't deal Jimmer, and I think you can ...

The Kings could surely deal Patterson. Not Ideal, but if the end result is Evans / Iguodala you do anything you have too. Put Hayes back in the rotation for the year, hell, maybe even start him (but play JT more overall minutes) ... I've always said Hayes is useless as a bench player. His only redeeming quality is his defense which is totally worthless on a second unit where there are no post players to defend.

Also, if Patterson is dealt I'd look to bring Aldrich back at the minimun. Actually, I'd look to do that anyway.

Oh please, Reke has been injured as in missing 15 games. And he had plantar fasciaitis. Those are not chronic. Knees are chronic. Age is chronic.
Talk about revisionist history.

games played/season games

72/82
57/82
63/66
65/82

257/312

He's played in 82% of the games.

And for more clarification, your one of the biggest anti Kevin martin people who complained about him being hurt. From his 2nd year (05/06-08/09) till the year before he was traded he was at 80.5% of games played.

Last edited:
looking at 2014-2015 with Reke, AI, Ben and Cus (maxed).

Roughly Reke(11), AI(14), Ben(2.5), Cus (14), Chuck(6), Thornton (8.5), Jason (6), Outlaw (3)
That is 8 players for 65 mil.

That season will be pricey unless we manage to offload Chuck or Outlaw, maybe in package with IT.

Nice to have owners with money :)

The Kings could surely deal Patterson. Not Ideal, but if the end result is Evans / Iguodala you do anything you have too. Put Hayes back in the rotation for the year, hell, maybe even start him (but play JT more overall minutes) ... I've always said Hayes is useless as a bench player. His only redeeming quality is his defense which is totally worthless on a second unit where there are no post players to defend.

Also, if Patterson is dealt I'd look to bring Aldrich back at the minimun. Actually, I'd look to do that anyway.
I would seriously consider starting Aldrich in place of JT and Hayes. I like Hayes, but he can't rebound. We would get killed down low every night in terms of rebounding. I would be ok with JT starting as he is usually consistent with his numbers and is a solid rebounder. Aldrich would be interesting as a starter, but I don't know if he is ready/capable of such a role.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Thornton is far easier to trade, but the trick is coming back with less salary than you just sent out. Jimmer's salary isn't exactly terrible, and he can still provide shooting to the right team. Maybe a team takes him, can't hurt to try again
Not convinced of that either.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

This is the general idea.

I would seriously consider starting Aldrich in place of JT and Hayes. I like Hayes, but he can't rebound. We would get killed down low every night in terms of rebounding. I would be ok with JT starting as he is usually consistent with his numbers and is a solid rebounder. Aldrich would be interesting as a starter, but I don't know if he is ready/capable of such a role.
Hah. You don't have to tell me. I love Aldrich. Always have. I've always had that feeling that if a team would just let him play he would produce. I wanted the Kings to draft him. I'd have reservations starting him with Cousins though, as neither guy is a great athlete and offensively they occupy the same space. I wouldn't be against seeing it, though, which is another reason why Smart really started to bother me towards the end of last season. He wouldn't try it, ever.

I'll save u the time. No.

Aldrich is what he is. A good 10th, 12th big body who can come in and play a bit of D when required to do so.

Something dosent add up here.. Reports said Tyreke came away "Impressed" by his interview with the Kings. The Kings stated publicly how much they wanted too keep reke. I betcha at that interview the FO laid down the plan for tyreke saying they were going too Sign Iggy.. then clear enough capspace too retain you aswell.. I just cant see why He would come away impressed a cuple days ago then all of a sudden the FO just changes there mind on him , just like that.

Entity

Hall of Famer
looking at 2014-2015 with Reke, AI, Ben and Cus (maxed).

Roughly Reke(11), AI(14), Ben(2.5), Cus (14), Chuck(6), Thornton (8.5), Jason (6), Outlaw (3)
That is 8 players for 65 mil.

That season will be pricey unless we manage to offload Chuck or Outlaw, maybe in package with IT.

Nice to have owners with money :)
still under the luxury tax. so no taxes just paying your roster. Thornton and Outlaw enders so 11.5 coming off books that year putting us back under the cap again. of course other signings will have taken place also.

Something dosent add up here.. Reports said Tyreke came away "Impressed" by his interview with the Kings. The Kings stated publicly how much they wanted too keep reke. I betcha at that interview the FO laid down for tyreke saying they were going too Sign Iggy.. then clear enough capspace too retain you aswell.. I just cant see why He would come away impressed a cuple days ago then all of a sudden the FO just changes there mind on him , just like that.
That is the reason for my once pessimistic view turning into an optimistic one. It doesn't add up you are right, which means there is something going on!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Something dosent add up here.. Reports said Tyreke came away "Impressed" by his interview with the Kings. The Kings stated publicly how much they wanted too keep reke. I betcha at that interview the FO laid down the plan for tyreke saying they were going too Sign Iggy.. then clear enough capspace too retain you aswell.. I just cant see why He would come away impressed a cuple days ago then all of a sudden the FO just changes there mind on him , just like that.
I suspect both Iggy and Tyreke know about the Kings plans with the two of them plus Cuz and McLemore BTW. If they weren't told, all they need to do is read KF.com. That's got the making of a good damn team.

Entity

Hall of Famer
not even a couple days ago. that was yesterday. not to mention meeting with Iggy was before meeting with Evans. we got something up our sleeve. I think i like where this is going. John Salmons thank you sir. your contract will finally come in handy.