Kings @ Magic Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KP said:
Guys and ladies... calm down and come to the realization that this team is not half as talented as you think it is, that we are going to lose a lot of games, and that Petrie needs to make some moves to undo the mess HE created and you will be a lot happier throughout this season.
I'm not one of those who thought this was a particularly talented team. And I was well aware from the beginning we would lose a lot of games. Sorry, but I'm going to continue to get upset when I see us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when the opponent has done everything but roll over and die at our feet.

The game at the end of regulation was 78-78. They WON 80-78. That sucks big time.

People come to message boards to argue and discuss, rant at times, etc. As long as it's done within the guidelines of the board, it should be perfectly okay for people to have differing opinions.

As someone pointed out, we're all amateurs anyway so why can't we have different opinions? If you think it's good to have players standing in the corner waiting to take wide open shots then you agree with Adelman, obviously.

I wanted to and needed to see something different. Evey single team in the league knows we're gonna do the same thing, especially if there's a presence inside, so they just make sure they have someone there and our guys will kick out to the safety valve time after time after time. And tonight it cost us the game.

Adelman may be a professional but he makes mistakes. I firmly believe his stubborn refusal to change his game plan at times is one of his biggest. That and his penchant for treating Kevin Martin as though he was his own personal whipping post. One errant pass wasn't adequate reason to yank him from the game IMHO.

I bow out now, because we'll continue to see this differently. I saw us pee away a game we could have won and, while there are a lot of reasons, the main responsibility falls on the shoulders of Rick Adelman.

If the team was afraid of Howard tonight, it's gonna be a really long night tomorrow...

:(

piksi

Hall of Famer
Padrino said:
this is where you're slightly off, piksi. everywhere you look tonight, you're gonna find fault. the kings just played a crap game in the second half, and its everybody's fault. peja is no exception, though his fourth quarter performance, despite it being the best we had, was typical no-show peja.
I don't disagree - not at all. It is just too convinient to blame one player these days. Pedja played as bad as all the other players. You don't shoot 4-16 and have a good game. I still think - You have to look somwhere else tonight. He played 41 minutes. He doesn't have enough for 41 minute. 5-26 for three as a team

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
and yet he scored 9 of our 28 2nd half and overtime pts.
We didn't get any overtime points. :(

I do agree that Peja wasn't the problem tonight, but I've already ranted long enough over what/who I thought was most to blame.

Peace.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
We didn't get any overtime points. :(

I do agree that Peja wasn't the problem tonight, but I've already ranted long enough over what/who I thought was most to blame.

Peace.
Overtime score was 9-4 for Magic

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh lord. This isn't good. I've completely erased the overtime from my mind. I honestly thought the score at the end of regulation was 78-78 and the final game score was 80-78.

I may need to seek help...

Oh wait!

Corona will help!!!

Screw waiting until they win! I'm drinking me an ice-cold beer!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
VF21 said:
Oh lord. This isn't good. I've completely erased the overtime from my mind. I honestly thought the score at the end of regulation was 78-78 and the final game score was 80-78.

I may need to seek help...

Oh wait!

Corona will help!!!

Screw waiting until they win! I'm drinking me an ice-cold beer!
There's the spirit. If I had one, I'd drink it too. :p

piksi said:
Tomorow's game is at 3pm eastern time
yes! so the starters can play another 40+ minutes with completely fresh legs. :rolleyes:

man, adelman is gonna have to lengthen his rotation a bit for the next game, or we're gonna see another second half collapse.

6th said:
My schedule says it is 3 pm Pacific Time. Must go recheck schedule.:eek:
I just checked. It is 3 PM Pacific time. 6 PM Eastern time. Geez, Piksi. We're down and now you're trying to make us confused as well? ;)

EDIT: I'm slow tonight and I haven't even touched the Bailey's....yet.;)

kennadog said:
I just checked. It is 3 PM Pacific time. 6 PM Eastern time. Geez, Piksi. We're down and now you're trying to make us confused as well? ;)
who knows..by the time i went to watch the game the game would have been over...

...piksi might have been doing us all a favor.

No, I would have been tuning in at noon here on the left coast and been waiting for 3 hours to begin watching us get blown out. Then I would really be pi**ed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
We already have 22 losses this season. I have to kill the pain somehow and I don't trust prozac, zoloft or valium
That's why I go outside and kick trees. The excruciating pain from my foot generally overrides the pain in my heart...

Recently, however, my foot has gotten wise to the whole scheme. Now when I try and kick the tree, my foot veers off and I smash my calf into the umoving piece of future firewood.

I had the Corona, talked to my daughter on the phone and re-established at least a long-distance relationship with reality. At least for now...

;)

Here are some of my thoughts about this game.....Hart and Peja really do suck, I was really tired of them bricking really open shots. And another thing we took way to many jumpers, that is what killed us in the second half to many jumpers that would not go in. I was dying for them to put shareef in there for some easier shots in the post. We did play some decent D but if we cut down on the jumpers and give it more in the post we would have easily have won that game.

P

playmaker0017

piksi said:
I don't disagree - not at all. It is just too convinient to blame one player these days.
I agree. Blaming one player is very easy and mentally lazy. The TEAM shot 36.8%!

Last edited by a moderator:
SLAB said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2006012214&prov=ap

(Bottom of article)

I like this quote from Bibby...Probably taken a bit out of context, but still...I wonder if this will light a fire under Peja...

"We couldn't hit any shots," Bibby said. "Peja couldn't hit any shots...."

...Who am I kidding...Probably hurts Peja's feelings...
I hope it does hurt his feelings. If he can't hit open jump shots, then he needs to drive inside and draw fouls. Otherwise, don't leave practice until you start hitting 150%(-ish) from 3-point range.

Status
Not open for further replies.