[Game] Kings @ Lakers - Sunday, March 24 - 6:30PT/9:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With the fastest point guard it’s mind boggling why the Kings have such a hard time inbounding the ball. That wasn’t an isolated incident. It seems like a routine thing for every other team.
Because with the emergence of Buddy, rather than designing plays to get the ball to De'Aaron in the clutch, we're designing plays to get the ball to Buddy or Fox (or Bogi) and completely diluting the play and losing focus.

It seems like the BBIQ of this team has regressed after all star break. I am not even sure why. Is it because of fatigue, or losing JJ/Shamp? I can't even explain.

I mean we can go over the summation of the stat line, and sure he was a plus outside of shooting, but he wasn't just poor shooting. He went 3-16. That's elite level atrocious.

With that said there was plenty of suckage tonight to go around. Mr. Hield built himself a chimney too.
Our backcourt is consistently poor on back to backs. Fox especially struggles. It’s why the Kings will need to evolve from their pace pace pace gimmick and get a coherent system which Marvin Bagley will likely be the focal point of. Obviously it helps take some teams by surprise and it’s good while young players carve out their individual identities but it’s not dependable since the Kings always end up running themselves off the court.

That will be the test for Joerger. If the answer after next season is push push push then it’s like Mark Jackson running plays through Jermaine o Neal and Jarrett Jack when he has Steph, Klay, and Draymond

Well, at this point I’m just watching Marvin Bagley continue to thrive. Hopefully the team can finish at .500 but they just don’t look good for it right now but Bags is taking my expectations to a whole different level.

He missed a shot, cut his butt now...
He did more than that. How I feel about him ain’t healthy, but I’m personally not a fan. Can’t be a fan of a player who drives me crazy.

For the fanbase I hope he will consistency when he gains a frame. I’ll be on board than too, if I see it’s that and not an aggressive issue that will forever annoy me

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He did more than that. How I feel about him ain’t healthy, but I’m personally not a fan. Can’t be a fan of a player who drives me crazy.

For the fanbase I hope he will consistency when he gains a frame. I’ll be on board than too, if I see it’s that and not an aggressive issue that will forever annoy me
Your Fox takes forever put a smile on my face. Need them after garbage losses like tonight.

Fair enough, I just can’t fathom being driven crazy by him. He is the most exciting player in the league to me...plays the game the way it was meant to be played.

And the thing is that we were an elite closing team in crunch time last year for some reason.
We were an elite closing team before the all star break.

Post all-star break things have gone seriously south. It has been a general break down from trading a key contributor in Shumpert for a guy you aren’t playing, to lack of any comprehensible ATO plays, to going from 4th to 25th in 3 point shooting percentage.

Wow. So Lebron can foot fault all night long but they're gonna take the ball away from the Kings on a weak 5 count?
I usually don’t watch Laker games but I am going to tune in just to see Lebron’s free throws. I’m sure he heard Yogurt calling him out to the officials. They just didn’t have the guts to call it this game.

We were an elite closing team before the all star break.

Post all-star break things have gone seriously south. It has been a general break down from trading a key contributor in Shumpert for a guy you aren’t playing, to lack of any comprehensible ATO plays, to going from 4th to 25th in 3 point shooting percentage.
Yea, I do have to say, what seemed like such a harmless trade at the time has kinda sorta turned into a pretty bad trade. Would we have won more games if Shump had stayed on the team? I don't know. But I do know that Burks isn't even seeing the floor.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yea, I do have to say, what seemed like such a harmless trade at the time has kinda sorta turned into a pretty bad trade. Would we have won more games if Shump had stayed on the team? I don't know. But I do know that Burks isn't even seeing the floor.
We absolutely would have won the Nets game with Shump. He wouldn’t have allowed D’Russ to go insane.

So there’s at least one win.

Plus a few more. As I’ve said, the “Scores” mentality died the second he walked across to the Rockets locker room that fateful day.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It was Bagley and Fox (6 steals) and then not much else in this game. Why Bogs gets the ball at the end of the game instead of Fox (who is standing in the corner) is beyond me. If anyone can explain that, please do.

It was Bagley and Fox (6 steals) and then not much else in this game. Why Bogs gets the ball at the end of the game instead of Fox (who is standing in the corner) is beyond me. If anyone can explain that, please do.
He had that buzzer beater against the Lakers, right after that game is when his performance went downhill. I think Joerger was hoping he would hit another buzzer beater against the Lakers, therefore reversing the curse.

This loss right here might irk us as fans but in the big picture a win for the Lakers tonight puts a huge damper on their first round pick being higher and more valuable in a trade. Neither team is making the playoffs. But only one team has their first round pick. This loss, for Kings fans, is a huge LOL to the Lakers. They cant even claim bragging rights because it screws them in the end lol. Oh man. Kings fans need to stop taking things so seriously!!!! Playoffs would have been nice but the step the team took this year was the main goal. Listen here. IT ISNT A ONE AND DONE THING. Vlade built a team to contend for the future. This is but the first year of many exciting pushes to the ultimate goal. Win for Vlade and the franchise.

Geez, you guys are so depressing. Have a beer and a bowl and chill. The sun will rise tomorrow. And that bright shine on the horizon is the Kings future. For ****s sake.

This loss right here might irk us as fans but in the big picture a win for the Lakers tonight puts a huge damper on their first round pick being higher and more valuable in a trade. Neither team is making the playoffs. But only one team has their first round pick. This loss, for Kings fans, is a huge LOL to the Lakers. They cant even claim bragging rights because it screws them in the end lol. Oh man. Kings fans need to stop taking things so seriously!!!! Playoffs would have been nice but the step the team took this year was the main goal. Listen here. IT ISNT A ONE AND DONE THING. Vlade built a team to contend for the future. This is but the first year of many exciting pushes to the ultimate goal. Win for Vlade and the franchise.

Geez, you guys are so depressing. Have a beer and a bowl and chill. The sun will rise tomorrow. And that bright shine on the horizon is the Kings future. For ****s sake.
So the joke’s on Lakers for winning. Wow, what a take

So glad i didn’t watch the game. It looks like Fox and Hield had another bad shooting game which has been the norm on back to backs. Really happy thought to see Bags get 35+ mins and Willie get less than 18. This is how it should play out next year

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So glad i didn’t watch the game. It looks like Fox and Hield had another bad shooting game which has been the norm on back to backs. Really happy thought to see Bags get 35+ mins and Willie get less than 18. This is how it should play out next year
Willie can have all the minutes a different team wants to give him, and those 18 can go to JaVale McGee once we sign him. :p

Kings didn’t deserve that win. Too many ISO plays.

Don’t get the Fox hate. He didn’t score, but did a bit of everything.

Had a buddy who was at the game. Very close to the action n we were texting about Bogie. He said he noticed that Bogue’s legs were heavily taped up. Above the ankles, but hidden by his socks. Dudes playing through injury. Pure craft.

Bags is a star.

We absolutely would have won the Nets game with Shump. He wouldn’t have allowed D’Russ to go insane.
Russell didnt go insane at all. He scored 6 layups. Any ball dominant player in the league could have done the same given the same lackluster defensive performance KINGS put on display that quarter.

I agree that it wouldn’t have happened (nor the other 5 layups the other Nets scored that quarter) had Shump still been on the team. He’d have gotten into each and every one of their ears and they’d have responded to him.

Regarding tonight’s game, what a freaking bummer. But I expected it. They’re now 3-9 in the 2nd night of back-to-backs. I believe every single game against the LeBron’s was on a B2B.

This team won’t win consistently and be over .500 until they commit to defending more consistently. When they go through their scoring lulls, they aren’t stopping the other team during that same stretch and it usually has them playing from behind late.

They also are usually awful in 3rd quarters. The start of the 3rd tonight is what did them in. This team typically lacks proper intensity early in 2nd halves. I hope they grow out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.