[Game] Kings @ Lakers - Sunday, April 1 - 6:30 PT

Really gotta question where I am as a fan when every laker fan I was around last night were laughing at the kings fans for being happy about winning last night.
“You guys suck so bad that your celebrating a meaningless win over us that hurts your draft position.”

Ouch.....
You realize that these are the same fans who think they are going to sign LaBron and Paul George this off season, and they likey won't get either.

Really gotta question where I am as a fan when every laker fan I was around last night were laughing at the kings fans for being happy about winning last night.
“You guys suck so bad that your celebrating a meaningless win over us that hurts your draft position.”

Ouch.....
I dealt with something similar on Reddit after the game. I shut that down by reminding the smug Laker fan that not only did they miss the playoffs, but they have NO PICK. We have a top 10 pick and we have yet to unleash the Kraken A.K.A Harry Giles. We good.

Sorry, but I don't see any of those players (other than Ingram) signing with the Lakers. James knows that he has a shot at the Finals if he stays in Cleveland. With the Lakers, they would at best be 3rd behind Houston and GS. If he signs somewhere other than Cleveland his best bet would be to sign with Philadelphia.

Paul George would be better off picking up his option for one more year and testing free agency the following year when more teams will have money.

As for Klay, I think he realizes that he is best served as a 2nd or 3rd option. In LA, he would be the #1 option and find out first hand that it is much harder to score every night when you are doubled and tripled on a regular basis. I don't see him leaving GS.

Both LeBron and Klay will end up in Philly next season. They’ll move Fultz and one more (possibly Reddick once they sign him to a smaller contract). Win-Win for both Philly and GS as Klay is the only piece out of their big 4 they can afford to lose and still be as strong. You take that deal in a second if you’re GS as you’ve added a young Point guard and a great outside shooter. Philly gets to win now and have their own Big 4 which is the prerequisite for LeBron going anywhere. LeBron has to make this choice as his only hope to get his 6 rings is to play for a young side. McConnell was good for Philly this year and if they want another PG Brett Brown with his Australian connection will sign Dante Exum for next to nothing seeing Utah didn’t pick up his option.

How is Jakarr not a full-time NBA player?
I have literally been saying this to myself everytime he plays, the guy is like a SF/PF version of Ronnie Brewer he's averaging a block a game and contesting more shots in the time he plays than Willie does in his 30 or so minutes. You can't teach certain things in basketball and having a crazy motor and hunger like he does is one of them. What he lacks in IQ (does not really make terrible passes plays wreck-less but within himself) and shooting his energy more than make up for.

I really hope he gets signed full time somewhere next season you could do way worse.

When I see that the guy who started the game at SF for the Kings went 1 of 7 for 2 points, 0 rebs, 0 assist, 0 steals in 25 mins, I too hope JaKarr lands a ful time role with this team. The other guy I would love to see traded for chips.
Jakar has no basketball IQ. He is the definition of mindless hustle, and symptomatic of why the Kings have drafted so poorly.

If we have Jakar as are starting small forward next year we are in deep trouble.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Remember the game against Cleveland earlier in the year when Jakar got the start and defended Lebron well and had an impact on the game? Teams need guys like this. He makes an impact on the court....sometimes positively, sometimes negatively. Opposition will know he's out there though. Hell yes we could use him next year. How many times has this team been called soft? Junkyard dog comes to mind. Guys like Temple, Sampson and Shumpert can give this team full of young guys some much needed grit and grind.

I dealt with something similar on Reddit after the game. I shut that down by reminding the smug Laker fan that not only did they miss the playoffs, but they have NO PICK. We have a top 10 pick and we have yet to unleash the Kraken A.K.A Harry Giles. We good.
You shut them down? You really wouldn’t trade places with the Lakers who have Ball, Ingram and Kuzma? Kuzma was literally laughing at Justin Jackson guarding him. Plus they are a very attractive free agent destination?

I’m as hopeful about Bogdan, Fox and Giles as many here but really?

You shut them down? You really wouldn’t trade places with the Lakers who have Ball, Ingram and Kuzma? Kuzma was literally laughing at Justin Jackson guarding him. Plus they are a very attractive free agent destination?

Kuzma was held below his averages, shot poorly, and his team lost to the Kings g-team. He talked trash and they laid an egg. He's a good player but he's not a star and that team needs more talent if they want to contend, just like us.

They are an attractive FA destination because they are in LA. Would you prefer that the Kings move to LA to attract more FAs because I'm fairly certain there are a few people on this board and in Sacramento who would disagree.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Except Paul George has increasingly sounded like he's going to re-sign with OKC and Lebron is going to do who-knows-what. And if they do manage to nab one of the big fishes, they're going to have trouble keeping Randle, who is also a free agent this off-season. Plus Lavarr is probably going to try to force Magic to draft another Ball brother this offseason so that should be fun.

Remember the game against Cleveland earlier in the year when Jakar got the start and defended Lebron well and had an impact on the game? Teams need guys like this. He makes an impact on the court....sometimes positively, sometimes negatively. Opposition will know he's out there though. Hell yes we could use him next year. How many times has this team been called soft? Junkyard dog comes to mind. Guys like Temple, Sampson and Shumpert can give this team full of young guys some much needed grit and grind.
Sampson is a 12th man. Shumpert is worthless. Temple is a 9th or 10th man whose role is way more elevated here than it should be. Joerger thinks like what you said though and values this player archetype a lot more than he should, but it these guys are regular rotation guys then your team isn't remotely good.

Kuzma was held below his averages, shot poorly, and his team lost to the Kings g-team. He talked trash and they laid an egg. He's a good player but he's not a star and that team needs more talent if they want to contend, just like us.

They are an attractive FA destination because they are in LA. Would you prefer that the Kings move to LA to attract more FAs because I'm fairly certain there are a few people on this board and in Sacramento who would disagree.
in fact, Kuzma shot a combined 39% vs Kings for the season, so its not just one egg, its an omelette! :)

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sampson is a 12th man. Shumpert is worthless. Temple is a 9th or 10th man whose role is way more elevated here than it should be. Joerger thinks like what you said though and values this player archetype a lot more than he should, but it these guys are regular rotation guys then your team isn't remotely good.
And yet both Shumpert and Temple had roles on playoff teams.

I am sorry but it takes quite a lot for me to go on the offensive, and to act like they had somehow handed us an L after we beat them with two two-way players and a G-Leaguer playing big minutes rubbed me the wrong way. You would trade places? We may have hurt our draft position but I'll take any top 10 pick and the win over no pick at all,missing the playoffs and the loss we handed them. And no, I wouldn't trade places with them at all.

Edit: And yes I heard Kuzmas comment's about Justin. He then proceeded to go 3-13. BBQ chicken indeed

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

If you want to cheer about the Lakers, you might want to check out LakersGround.net

And yet both Shumpert and Temple had roles on playoff teams.
By riding the coattails of much better players. Not by being key cogs that got them there. They were playoff teams with or without those guys.

We're talking low level roleplayers here who's only contribution to a Kings playoff run will be by teaching the young guys how to defend. It's sad that after lottery pick after lottery pick, we're still sitting here discussing how to play chess with a bunch of pawns while other teams are taking us out with queens, rooks, bishops and knights.

dude12

Hall of Famer
By riding the coattails of much better players. Not by being key cogs that got them there. They were playoff teams with or without those guys.

We're talking low level roleplayers here who's only contribution to a Kings playoff run will be by teaching the young guys how to defend. It's sad that after lottery pick after lottery pick, we're still sitting here discussing how to play chess with a bunch of pawns while other teams are taking us out with queens, rooks, bishops and knights.
Well, I don't think anyone is saying that Sampson or Shumpert or Temple or similar type players in the NBA are major players on a team. My comments were based on the post that said Sampson should be a full time player on an NBA roster. He has something to offer. These types of guys contribute to teams.

Well, I don't think anyone is saying that Sampson or Shumpert or Temple or similar type players in the NBA are major players on a team. My comments were based on the post that said Sampson should be a full time player on an NBA roster. He has something to offer. These types of guys contribute to teams.
I personally enjoy watching the guy play right now because I love his energy but I can't ignore the fact that he had about a half dozen really really dumb plays in a row before he turned it on at the end of the game. A lot of people look past the bad turnovers and missed layups that you or I could have made and just remember the spectacular blocks and hustle that he brings to the team.

For our team this year, he has value but for a playoff run I don't think he would be useful for anything other than rolling the dice for 5 minutes here and there on him to see if good JaKarr or bad JaKarr shows up.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I personally enjoy watching the guy play right now because I love his energy but I can't ignore the fact that he had about a half dozen really really dumb plays in a row before he turned it on at the end of the game. A lot of people look past the bad turnovers and missed layups that you or I could have made and just remember the spectacular blocks and hustle that he brings to the team.

For our team this year, he has value but for a playoff run I don't think he would be useful for anything other than rolling the dice for 5 minutes here and there on him to see if good JaKarr or bad JaKarr shows up.
I could live with that, especially if it meant him getting into the head of some random star player here and there along the way. :)

If you want to cheer about the Lakers, you might want to check out LakersGround.net
No ones cheering for the Lakers. It’s a far cry from wondering how you can rationally claim we are in a much better spot to cheering for Lakers.

You seem to expect everyone to follow your over the top exuberance whether it’s grounded in sound logic or not. Just by the nature of posting on this board most of us hold some hope. The ones without hope have long since quit posting.

If you want to compare look at Boston who is winning with a large dose of free agent pick-ups and second round picks getting significant minutes. They win because Boston plays smart team defense, makes the correct rotations and moves the ball to the correct players. Basketball is a team game that smart team players can succeed. It’s one reason Popovich said Bogdan would be even more effective surrounded by other hi IQ players.

Jakar works hard but on a competitive team he would, as of now, not make the right rotations or be in the right spots. More than once Jerry has pointed out about him needlessly helping. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate his effort but as you say if he is starting for us at SF we are in trouble.

Except Paul George has increasingly sounded like he's going to re-sign with OKC and Lebron is going to do who-knows-what. And if they do manage to nab one of the big fishes, they're going to have trouble keeping Randle, who is also a free agent this off-season. Plus Lavarr is probably going to try to force Magic to draft another Ball brother this offseason so that should be fun.
Are you arguing LA isn’t generally a more attractive free agent destination than Sac? No one is saying move the team just comparing relative strengths.

Lakers suck, why would anyone want to "trades places"? I mean if Bron and PG sign there I get your point. But you are excited about the Lakers?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No ones cheering for the Lakers. It’s a far cry from wondering how you can rationally claim we are in a much better spot to cheering for Lakers.

You seem to expect everyone to follow your over the top exuberance whether it’s grounded in sound logic or not. Just by the nature of posting on this board most of us hold some hope. The ones without hope have long since quit posting.
What you queried:

You really wouldn’t trade places with the Lakers who have Ball, Ingram and Kuzma? Kuzma was literally laughing at Justin Jackson guarding him. Plus they are a very attractive free agent destination?
I merely referred you to the one place where just about everyone would agree with you.

You are, of course, under no obligation to follow my exuberance, over the top or not. Grounded in sound logic? Oh please. If being a fan meant being grounded in sound logic, none of us would be here.

You need to quit trying to read so much into my posts. I'm a Kings fan. Have been since 1985. I'm an NBA fan. Have been since 1963. My hatred for all things Lakers goes back to 1963. I see someone saying something about trading places with them, I'm gonna say something.

Jakar has no basketball IQ. He is the definition of mindless hustle, and symptomatic of why the Kings have drafted so poorly.

If we have Jakar as are starting small forward next year we are in deep trouble.
He might not have IQ but he does plays within himself imo, he doesn't try make fancy plays (e.g Josh Smith, JaVale) he stays in his own wreck-less lane and no one is saying he's a starting SF I just think what he brings to the table he's a deep bench player who can at times flip a game and rarely if ever loss you one. This year alone he's been a huge factor in at least 4 of our wins with his hustle in 19 games (some he barely played in ) and has had 2 bad games all basically on limited time.

What you queried:

I merely referred you to the one place where just about everyone would agree with you.

You are, of course, under no obligation to follow my exuberance, over the top or not. Grounded in sound logic? Oh please. If being a fan meant being grounded in sound logic, none of us would be here.

You need to quit trying to read so much into my posts. I'm a Kings fan. Have been since 1985. I'm an NBA fan. Have been since 1963. My hatred for all things Lakers goes back to 1963. I see someone saying something about trading places with them, I'm gonna say something.
By trading places I mean having Ball, Ingram and Kuzma as a core and having Sac be seen as an attractive destination for free agency.

Would I take that over our young core? At this point without seeing Giles play..... Yeah I think so. Does that mean I want to move to LA? Hell no!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
By trading places I mean having Ball, Ingram and Kuzma as a core and having Sac be seen as an attractive destination for free agency.

Would I take that over our young core? At this point without seeing Giles play..... Yeah I think so. Does that mean I want to move to LA? Hell no!
Fair enough. I wouldn't take Lonzo Ball, however, if we could get him for free or even have him pay for the privilege of playing here (not that he would). His father is a toxic self-absorbed asshat .