Kings @ Lakers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
DaMan said:
to many jumpers and turnovers is what killed us in this game, we really need to develop a post game espeailty if we go to the playoffs.
?

We did most of our damage in the post tonight wiht Bonzi, Reef and Artest. Couldn't anything BUT post shots.

DaMan said:
to many jumpers and turnovers is what killed us in this game, we really need to develop a post game espeailty if we go to the playoffs.
TOs certainly killed us and lack of getting critical rebounds. On offense there was way too much one-on-one. This group still doesn't play like a team most of the time.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Well, the series is 2-2, so it's a race through the rest of the games to see who is better. If we tie, who does get the higher seed? Does it go to division/conference records? How do we stand there?

If we'd quit spotting them 30-point first quarters, we'd win more often....

I posted this on myspace as a bulletin. The subject was "IT MUST BE NICE". It pretty much sums up my feelings about tonights game.

To have the league call EVERYTHING your way. To let you mug players and for the most part play the way you want against other players and not get called for it. As badly as the Kings played tonight, the ref's let Bibby, Artest and pretty much EVERYONE on the Kings at one time or another get absolutely mugged.

Kobe was pushing, shoving, and punching ALL game against Artest and has the nerve to act like, WHO ME??, when something ACTUALLY gets called on him.

As badly as the Kings played and as much as this was a one sided game as far as the reffing goes we were still within 7. The Lakers did not win tonight. The Kings lack of consistant offense, and the ref's lost this game for the Kings.

The Lakers are a bunch of punk bitches and the league/Referee's enable that behavior and attitude. The Lakers truly suck for only winning by 7 as badly as the Kings played, and as much as the ref's were handing it to you.

Saddest point of this game for me was when Artest is trying to get us back in the game in the 4th, goes to inbound the ball and has to call a time out because the rest of the team isn't MOVING! Artest is going to get frustrated here if he feels like the team doesn't want to win.

San Antonio is down by 4 with about 5minutes remaining against Denver. If we get 8th, I would certainly want to play Dallas instead of San Antoino in the first round. Assuming that the Kings get themselves back together and make the playoffs!!

Warhawk said:
Well, the series is 2-2, so it's a race through the rest of the games to see who is better. If we tie, who does get the higher seed? Does it go to division/conference records? How do we stand there?

If we'd quit spotting them 30-point first quarters, we'd win more often....
I believe its conference record. That's if we tie. Lakers have a relatively easy schedule in the stretch run. We do not. I don't think this team has the cohesion yet to really finish strong under the pressure.

Just unbelievable... Kings came out absolutely dead in the first quarter... The only starter that played with ANY energy was Ron... Bibby, KT, Brad, and Kevin all looked like they just went out there so they could pick up a paycheck. Just unbelievable how in a game of that magnitude, you can come out with that kind of effort. Unbelievable...

Merdiesel said:
no matter what anyone says, This was the game to win.
You're right. This was an important game. I would have expected the Kings to come out a little stronger in a game of this importance. But, they didn't, and we lost. So, now we look forward, and hope for brighter days...

Bricklayer said:
?

We did most of our damage in the post tonight wiht Bonzi, Reef and Artest. Couldn't anything BUT post shots.
In the first half we took to many jumpers. Reef did most damage in the second half, half the shoots that artest made where in the post. But bricklayer i will take your would for it because i can't watch the game, i get most of my info from pbp on cbs.sportsline, espn and yahoo.

piksi said:
no way. We are talking about Mike Bibby the "laker killer" He shot a blank after blank after blank.
Compared to how Bibby usually plays the Lakers, yes you're right. However, I think the Lakers defense keyed on Bibby and the refs were letting Bibby get mugged out there, too, especially by Sasha V.

piksi

Hall of Famer
kennadog said:
Compared to how Bibby usually plays the Lakers, yes you're right. However, I think the Lakers defense keyed on Bibby and the refs were letting Bibby get mugged out there, too, especially by Sasha V.
and this is surprising because ...

Status
Not open for further replies.