[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Sunday, Nov. 25 - 5:00 PT

Utah is favored by 3.5 in this game... I know we’re on a b2b, but surprised Utah without Mitchell is still favored on the road

We need to win one of these two, to finish off this killer November above .500, which would be a major accomplishment

Shump being out might be a blessing in disguise for all who believed in Buddy/Bogdan starting together. Bogdan has been orchestrating that second unit, but if both are playing mid 30 minutes and your staggering them out, might not be so detrimental. Let’s see what happens

I want to forget last night but a quick review is informative how one player can ruin your fortunes. I contend if we had Troy out there we win.

Watch how Jackson overruns the close out on Klay. This cost is the game. First, we get a bad bounce on the miss by KD. Willie boxes out but doesn't anticipate the rebound. Neither does Marvin. We have two guys on the weak side, the ball bounces to that side and we fail to get it! The odds of this are very slim. If we get the rebound and make our FTs we win. But it gets worse....

Okay, so if you are Jackson you are going to play up on Klay at the three. No doubt. But you have to chop your steps and be able to cut of or at least challenge on penetration. He does neither. Klay goes by him with very little effort. Jackson gets taken out of the play off one power dribble. This is trash defense. Jackson gives up too readily and ends up under the basket. Willie challenges Klay at the rim nicely. If you are Jackson and have already been beaten you have to get yourself in position to challenge from behind or rebound. Again he does neither. It is weak and pathetic. This weakness is also why Durant poured in a season high last night with many scores on Jackson. It was like taking candy from a baby.

Bagley was also slow to react on the first miss by Klay. But I give Bagley a bit of a pass because he garnered 17 rebounds. We need Willie to get the rebound, block a shot or Jackson to make a play. They failed us because this is who they are as defenders. It will not get appreciably better. Playing defense takes heart and grit and willingness to sacrifice your body. Jackson and Willie want nothing to do with this.

Now even with all this if Buddy goes in at a slightly different angle on the lefty flip, he gets the kiss off the window. If he leaves it a little softer off the rim for Bagley, he tips it in for the go ahead score. So close, yet so far! I anticipate the guys come out angry tonight to put this bitter defeat behind us and get back to our winning ways!

Rest. I assume since mitchell is out they are resting him.
Donovan got elbowed in the ribs in the first half of the Lakers game by LeBron. He has been dealing with rib contusion injury from earlier in season and reaggravated it. He has been playing with a protective jacket which could be contributing to his declining scoring efficiency.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Let's get Fox back on track. I want to see him shooting with some confidence in this game, not double-clutching. Continue with the Bagley upward trend. Get Bogs shooting like he did in the rookie game last year, and have Hield think he's still playing the Warriors and shooting the lights out. More good minutes from Giles. The engine is only operating at about 65% capacity for this year. Get it revved up and go.

Donovan got elbowed in the ribs in the first half of the Lakers game by LeBron. He has been dealing with rib contusion injury from earlier in season and reaggravated it. He has been playing with a protective jacket which could be contributing to his declining scoring efficiency.
Soft

Force Rubio to take 15+ shots, focus on the likely Gobert/Rubio PnR they're going to go heavy with and stay home on shooters and we should come out with a win here. They struggle mightily to create offense without Mitchell and Burks is pretty much their only other guy who's comfortable creating his own shot.

Similar to how we should go hard after Otto Porter, the Jazz should go hard after Beal. The Jazz don't have enough scoring. Donovan is either going to break down or hover at average to below average efficiency without help. The Jazz should offer two unprotected #1s and Exum for Beal. They have a nice core of Ingles, Gobert, Favors and Mitchell. Everyone else should be made available to land Beal. On our end, I would offer Willie, Yogi and filler for Otto yesterday.