Kings @ Jazz Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingsroots said:
I am neither an Adelman basher nor do I like him all that much either, however the one thing I cannot stand about the man is his substitutions. Kevin Martin was playing so much better than Bonzi in the first half (well actually the whole game really) and yet he kept Bonzi in for the majority of the time. And the real killer is not only starting SAR but keeping him in the game when he continuously was getting burned and out rebounded. When Skinner was in we were playing much better. This game is the ultimate season killer. Up to this point I kept telling myself we still have a chance... Now, I think we are done even *IF* we get on a winning streak. BUMMER!!!!
When Skinner was in Ostertag went crazy and the Jazz went on their run. I'll repeat 0-20 in the 4th, if you think Defense or Adelman lost this game... I'm not sure why.

SacTownKid said:
Kind of hints of interior defensive problems huh?! Petrie pleast fix that one big GAPING wound by the deadline! Skinner did great while he was in there.
I'll be the first to admit the kings lack a shotblocker, but how does a team giving up big games to point guards hint at interior d problems instead of looking at the man letting them blow by him. Did anyone see Milt Palacio walk past Bibby at the end of the game? How does Mini-Me get the hall pass every time? I'm confused.

Well I take it back, there was a positive from tonight's game:

Now I know not to pick Bonzi as my shooting guard for the rest of the season. He contributed a fat -9 to my fantasy score with those turnovers!

sdballer said:
I'll be the first to admit the kings lack a shotblocker, but how does a team giving up big games to point guards hint at interior d problems instead of looking at the man letting them blow by him. Did anyone see Milt Palacio walk past Bibby at the end of the game? How does Mini-Me get the hall pass every time? I'm confused.
0-20.

DocHolliday said:
And we wouldn't have been any better with Peja. I have more faith in Artest those night in night out. That will pay off in the long run. Consistancy from night to night. You don't have to guess which Artet will show up tonight. 15,24,19,20 are his point totals for the first 4 games. Not to mention his defense and intangibles.
Well said! If you are going to change the face of a team expect things to take time to materialize. Crap people, are you fans or not? Always so quick to cut into them. Real fans stand behind there team even when they are losing. If you only do it when they are winning you are a member of the band wagon.

mbkings10 said:
I heard that Artest left the game with some injury but wanted to go back in. Is he really ok, do u think he will play tomorrow?
Napier sad it looks like a hip pointer, hard to speculate but hopefully he won't be out long, and it's not serious. Without Brad or Ron we are not going to win many games.

Kingsroots said:
I am neither an Adelman basher nor do I like him all that much either, however the one thing I cannot stand about the man is his substitutions. Kevin Martin was playing so much better than Bonzi in the first half (well actually the whole game really) and yet he kept Bonzi in for the majority of the time. And the real killer is not only starting SAR but keeping him in the game when he continuously was getting burned and out rebounded. When Skinner was in we were playing much better. This game is the ultimate season killer. Up to this point I kept telling myself we still have a chance... Now, I think we are done even *IF* we get on a winning streak. BUMMER!!!!
I have always said the same thing about Adelman. He is a freaking idiot when it comes to subs. I have never thought he did a good job of keeping the right people in at the right times. He is played out in Sactown. We need a new coach with a fresh outlook.

KP said:
When Skinner was in Ostertag went crazy and the Jazz went on their run. I'll repeat 0-20 in the 4th, if you think Defense or Adelman lost this game... I'm not sure why.
Ostertag was going crazy on us on defense not on offense. Skinner does not have much to do with Ostertags defense on the rest of our team. Plus, it got worse after Skinner substituded out for SAR.

Ok Iv'e read enough. Kings play good D and outrebound thru 3 quarters, lineups matching up well, then the Jazz go on a run when SKINNER and the bench is in... Adelman tries every player he can in the 4th, Kings go 0-20 and I have to read how he can't coach. Goodnight.

sdballer said:
That fact that he was getting UNCONTESTED layups is the real problem. Any PG is going to get by ANY PG in the leauge. What can you do to stop him??? You touch him you get a foul.

The part that bothers me is that most PG's feel they can even lay it in like that. That shows they have no fears of getting pounded in the paint.

piksi

Hall of Famer
OHSacFan said:
Crap people, are you fans or not? Always so quick to cut into them.
This has been going on since we disposed Webber and is getting worse. Everything that has been great with exception of Bibby is gone - replaced.
The replacements might not be bad or might even be better in some cases but it is the mix, the chemistry that we lack.

Small things like Vlade's joking around on the bench or his back door passes. Webber's "huddle" and the 2 man game, DC's bullet passes and, Pedja's threes, Bobby's energy. You just don't replace that.

Right now You put those 6 guys out. I mean right this moment and they wouldn't go 0/20 against any team - ever. Not in a million years because Vlade and webber would at least create 1 easy shot. At least one.

You just don't replace the way we have been doing

KP

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying RA can't coach. What I am saying is that I don't like his substitutions. I am a firm believer in going with the hot hand. K-Mart had the hot hand in the first half, Bonzi did not. Skinner, while not providing a LOT more than SAR was at least rebounding well and providing pretty good defense. I saw many rebounds that SAR continuously got out hussled or pushed around on. This loss was not just RA's fault it was every persons fault that played in the game as well (exception Ron).

Actually now that im done freaking out...we arent that bad, we played well tonight, until ron got hurt, when he got hurt i think it just kinda threw the whole team out, and when the jazz got the lead, it just psyched them out, which i admit shouldnt happen but it did, and i expect to beat the jazz on sunday

0-20, yeah, that's probably some sort of record. But did anyone notice Wells? I like Bonzi and obviously his 9 TOs had to do with the rustiness, but man, nine turnovers is terrible. Even the rah rah Reynolds and Napier had to concede that his ball handling was atrocious

I will say this also. Everyone, including me, is looking for a reason why we are losing games like this all season. Ultimately I think it comes down to two things. 1st, not enough chemistry and playing time together (too many trades good and bad). 2nd, RA. It's hard to read RA really. I like him when we're winning and don't when we are losing! Ha, no really I don't know how to put it, I just don't think the players we have now fit with what RA is trying to do, AND OR I think the fact that he thinks Joe and Gavin don't support him anymore is affecting him/the team more than we think.

OHSacFan said:
Well said! If you are going to change the face of a team expect things to take time to materialize. Crap people, are you fans or not? Always so quick to cut into them. Real fans stand behind there team even when they are losing. If you only do it when they are winning you are a member of the band wagon.
thanks buddy, i didn't understand what being a real fan was all about until now.

T

thesanityannex

sdballer said:
19-27. What does the team's record need to be for fans to be frustrated?
I'm not too let down this year, even with all the losses, I'm still excited. This team is in the middle of a total overhaul and has received their predetermined injuries, so not much could be expected. They are showing glimpes of heart and passion now. I see promise down the road. How far down that road, who knows, but it will be worth it.

piksi said:
This has been going on since we disposed Webber and is getting worse. Everything that has been great with exception of Bibby is gone - replaced.
The replacements might not be bad or might even be better in some cases but it is the mix, the chemistry that we lack.

Small things like Vlade's joking around on the bench or his back door passes. Webber's "huddle" and the 2 man game, DC's bullet passes and, Pedja's threes, Bobby's energy. You just don't replace that.

Right now You put those 6 guys out. I mean right this moment and they wouldn't go 0/20 against any team - ever. Not in a million years because Vlade and webber would at least create 1 easy shot. At least one.

You just don't replace the way we have been doing
well said piksi... svaka ti cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.