Kings interested in Lin?

1 hour ago – via Twitter JandersonSacBee
Jason Anderson: A league source tells me the @Atlanta Hawks’ primary objective ahead of the #NBA trade deadline is to “stay young” and “keep the books clean.” The Hawks remain an attractive trading partner for the @Sacramento Kings, who have reportedly shown interest in backup point guard Jeremy Lin

Ooooooo Hawks Lin and Prince Looking good , batting their eyebrows at Vlade
I read the Hawks want a younger player AND a draft pick for Prince, not sure if they meant a first or 2nd rounder

WCS, Skal and 2 seconds works for Lin and Prince.

Cuts salary for Hawks, gets us SF and another bench scorer.

Fox/Lin/Ferrel
Buddy/Bogi/Shump
Prince/Shumpert/JJ
Belly/Giles/JJ
Bagley/Giles/KK

I’m good with that for this year. Especially if Porter is off the table.

WCS,Yogi,Skal 9.2m all "stay young" plus 2 2nd rd picks, for Lin , Prince 16.3M No LT Salary "Keep books clean" Works on trade checker
Then sign Deandre Jordan for 3.9 mil (Balance of our Cap)

Fox.Lin,mason
Buddy,Bogie,Ben
Prince,JJ,Shump
Beli,Bagley,Zbo
Jordan,Giles,KK

Last edited:
You can view acquiring Lin as a demotion for Ferrell but that might not necessarily be the case.

One thing to take into consideration is that Lin is a combo guard and a significant bench talent. He was a 6MOTY candidate his lone season in Charlotte. He also played over 1000 minutes next to Kemba Walker. Similarly, Yogi Ferrell last year played 800 min a piece with JJ Barea and DSJ.

You could go with Yogi-Lin-Bogdan-Bagley-GIles, which is an absurdly talented bench. Considering Jackson has been putting up some stinkers and may be on the outs this may be a worthwhile trade.

I only want Lin if he comes with Prince.
Why would the Hawks trade us Prince? He's a youngish (about to turn 25) player on a rookie deal posting respectable stats playing a position of scarcity. I don't seem it happening though I would like it. For those saying we don't need Lin, he's not a replacement for Yogi. Yogi can still be a spark plug off the bench. I see Lin taking all of Jackson's minutes (20.8 MPG), who has posted a Goose Egg in 4 of the last 5 games, and making our second unit more lethal and fast-paced. Lin is big enough 6'3" 200 to check most off-guards. C'mon Vlade, make me proud!