Kings @ Hornets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn'y any communication on defense the rotation were slow and the KINGS doubled the drivers too much even the ones who couldn't really create off the dribble.The Close outs were too late or not needed.As a result wide open looks were killing us down the stretch,Too be a championship Team we must win these games with no excuses if we loose.

AriesMar27 said:
wasnt the loss to the warriors supposed to be their wake up call? or maybe toronto.... barely beating the hawks.... the 0-3 start....
Maybe every game is supposed to be a wake-up call, but I'm not too down on the team, especially since they still have 21 wins, and there are still 50 games left in the season.

Every team has bad losses.

Bballkingsrock said:
..........not on the defensive side.
The problem wasn't Evans' D. I mean, look who he's guarding. Baron Davis? He'll burn just about anyone in the league. The problem was when Davis would penetrate, he would draw the double and kick it out. From there, our molasses-like rotation would fail to cover the 3pt line giving someone a wide open shot.

He carved us up in the fourth, but for the most part, Evans did a decent job to stay in front of such a quick assignment.

A

AriesMar27

tbear03 said:
Maybe every game is supposed to be a wake-up call, but I'm not too down on the team, especially since they still have 21 wins, and there are still 50 games left in the season.

Every team has bad losses.
i feel you on that, its just one loss... wow, only 50.... how time flies by...will this team win 55 or more this year?

A

AriesMar27

4cwebb said:
Just when it seems safe to ignore a Kings' game against a terrible team, the Kings go and pull something like this. Just ugly.
ummm.... warriors? raptors? hawks eventhough they won... barely.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AceKingSuited said:
The problem wasn't Evans' D. I mean, look who he's guarding. Baron Davis? He'll burn just about anyone in the league. The problem was when Davis would penetrate, he would draw the double and kick it out. From there, our molasses-like rotation would fail to cover the 3pt line giving someone a wide open shot.

He carved us up in the fourth, but for the most part, Evans did a decent job to stay in front of such a quick assignment.
The problem WAS in part Evan's defense. DC usually can do a good job of semi-controlling Davis. Mo couldn't and he was drawn into a couple of rookie mistakes that put the Hornets on the line at key times.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep.

But some people here have been wanting to see Mo get more critical minutes at the end of games. He got those minutes... hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

VF21 said:
The problem WAS in part Evan's defense. DC usually can do a good job of semi-controlling Davis. Mo couldn't and he was drawn into a couple of rookie mistakes that put the Hornets on the line at key times.
True, but this game wasn't lost at the freethrow line. They lost because they gave up so many wide open 3's down the stretch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As 6th pointed out in another thread, DC was fouled hard when one of the Hornets ran right over his leg. He (Doug) was very slow in getting back up and went out of the game shortly thereafter. It was most likely for THAT reason that he didn't get back into the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AceKingSuited said:
True, but this game wasn't lost at the freethrow line. They lost because they gave up so many wide open 3's down the stretch.
I didn't say it was lost at the freethrow line. At least, I didn't mean my comment to be taken that way.

If I had to point to one thing that caused the loss, it would be the absence of Doug on the court for DEFENSE.

Everyone seems to be worried about Webber, Bibby, etc. People ought to start thinking of the world of hurt we're going to be in if we don't have Doug. It was painfully obvious that Mo can't fill his shoes ESPECIALLY on defense.

piksi said:
Not when other teams in the west fight for every game. Well, almost all teams
Perhaps if you dropped a little bit of the piksimism, you'd be able to enjoy just how much the Kings -- including, but not limited to, Mike Bibby (of whom you are so relentlessly critical) -- fight for the wins.

I, though disappointed with the outcome of the game, was completely thrilled to see Mike hit that three to tie the game after shooting so poorly from the field. It put a huge smile on my face. If you, as a Kings fan, weren't able to enjoy that moment, at least a little bit, I really feel sorry for you.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
GoGoGadget said:
Perhaps if you dropped a little bit of the piksimism, you'd be able to enjoy just how much the Kings -- including, but not limited to, Mike Bibby (of whom you are so relentlessly critical) -- fight for the wins.

I, though disappointed with the outcome of the game, was completely thrilled to see Mike hit that three to tie the game after shooting so poorly from the field. It put a huge smile on my face. If you, as a Kings fan, weren't able to enjoy that moment, at least a little bit, I really feel sorry for you.
GoGoGadget, you make a good point. Too many fans (and I am not pointing fingers at anyone here) are so critical that they are not enjoying what the Kings offer. I may not like it when the Kings lose to a "lowly" team or to a favorite "nemesis", however, I refuse to be jaded by our few good years. The Kings are working on their 20th year in Sacramento (I got a cool anniversary T-Shirt when I was in Sac), and there were many more lean years (okay...they were crappy) than good ones (has it been 6 now?). When a King, like say Bibby, is having a rough game, it puts a smile on my face for them to accomplish a great feat. Bibby's dagger 3 was awesome (and way clutch). GOD, I LOVE THIS TEAM!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Rockmeister said:
I disagree with you. I feel you can be critical and still enjoy the game.
I have no problem with being critical. What I said was, "Too many fans are so critical that they are not enjoying what the Kings offer." The reference is the "so critical" and points to such an excess that they forget to enjoy anything at all.

piksi

Hall of Famer
GoGoGadget said:

Sorry, but I think that a player of Bibby's caliber knows better than shooting 6-22. He has enough skills not to force the issue. Do not get me started about his defense last night. He might very well be the "most under screen going player" in the league when it comes to defending pick and roll.
To answer Your question I did not enjoy that moment. I was in shock from what I saw all game long.

piksi said:
To answer Your question I did not enjoy that moment. I was in shock from what I saw all game long.
Technically, it wasn't a question, it was a statement. Your position on the whole game, and that moment, was made abundantly clear.

And, I stick with what I said.

piksi said:
Sorry, but I think that a player of Bibby's caliber knows better than shooting 6-22. He has enough skills not to force the issue. Do not get me started about his defense last night. He might very well be the "most under screen going player" in the league when it comes to defending pick and roll.
Bibby comes close... I'd say Payton mastered how to defend a pick and roll to perfection. For a player that sucessfully runs that play on a conistent basis, you'd think he'd have some sense to atleast making an attempt to go over the pick - atleast after the 4th time in a row it happened.

ugh that was EMBARASSING!!!!!!!!!! man i listened to it while i was babysitting and i was SO ticked off the rest of the night!

but i nearly broke a table jumping up and down when bibby hit that 3 :D that was just awesome!

now the kings just need to take their frustrations out on the nuggets and pound them into saw dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.