Kings Have a new Logo

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Purple and silver makes a lot of sense. That means you can put it on a white background or a black background without changing the logo itself.
I think you're exactly right. I thought this meant a move from black & purple uniforms to purple & silver uniforms but as Fireplug showed earlier, this logo really pops against a black background. That's why purple & gray makes so much sense - it works equally well on home and away (which are almost certainly still purple & black) uniforms. Nice.

These are nice, they have my approval. I'm not a fan of the lion dribbling the ball, the lion looks like he is physically challenged. The other ones are quite nice though, and I like the purple/silver colour scheme.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
These are nice, they have my approval. I'm not a fan of the lion dribbling the ball, the lion looks like he is physically challenged. The other ones are quite nice though, and I like the purple/silver colour scheme.
To me the lion just looks angry that he can't develop his dribbling skills due to the lack of opposable thumbs. That and constantly deflating the balls with an accidental claw puncture.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article73601922.html

Kings/Royals have sure had some mediocre to downright ugly logos over the decades. I still think current one is by far the best one and I'd be OK with maintaining the shield instead of tossing it down the drain.
I don't like the current logo. It's really really busy. Too much stuff, and I am tired of purple. I would love the new one with the royal blue (posted on page 1). I always liked the older logos. Tradition.. It had been our logo for a long time because they changed it.

Not to mention, Kings never jousted.... Never got the meaning of the jousting poles in it.

K

KingMilz

That lion would have been perfect for this years squad when your comparing the dribbling ability. The lion logo looks a lot like the English premier league one

Last edited by a moderator:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Having perused the Kings online store, I'm not excited about anything there. Ironically the only piece of gear I even remotely might be interested in is the red/blue hat with the old logo on it:

I'm still not a fan of the Bart Simpson head logo, but the colors at least pop nicely on that one. The silver and purple colors look alright but they really shouldn't have put that thick white border around the logo on everything. I'm picturing it on the court, on the hat we'll give to our pick on draft day, and it just feels unfinished with that silver fading into white. Having seen the logo now in context, I think I'm going to go back and say that this is the best color option I've seen for this logo:

Another Variation. Really "pops" on black

That bold black border with purple and white would look so much better on everything. Black and purple are the colors that took us the furthest. The slate gray feels a little like a gimmick (even if I can see why they did it for practical reasons) and would make more sense as a rarely used third accent color (like it used to be). I don't see them changing this logo for awhile -- 10 years at least. But they could probably tweak the colors year to year if they want to and probably should sometime soon.

It's not what I expected or wanted but I really like this rebrand. I wanted black to be a color in the logo itself to provide more contrast but I'll settle for the darker grey. Color me satisfied and excited to see it all out together in the new arena!

Shark grey and purple??? I ****ing love it!

Again, our marketing side of things continues to blow me away. Really wish our basketball side of things would catch up!

Just before noon today two young ladies got out of their car across the street, rang our door bell, and asked my wife if she had a season ticket holder at this address and, getting that confirmed, gave her a Kings tote bag containning a Kings hat, a Kings T-shirttail, and a sheet with the five logos you show above. Everything has one of the new logos on it. Colors look good. The 2016-17 Kings are on their way. Go Kings!!