[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 11/22/2022 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate piling up on Keegan, but he's been playing awful. Almost borderline-Lyles where if he's not making his 3pt shots, he's not really doing much elsewhere.

He looks very lost on both ends of the floor.
When Keegans shots aren't falling he's going to look worse than he is actually playing since that's really all he's adding to the team most nights. He's a stretch big pure and simple. Defensively he's been pretty solid outside of blowing a rotation or getting blasted off the dribble from time to time. It's a little like Buddy though. Buddy's turnovers looked so bad you didn't realize he was almost always a plus on the turnover ratio so it wasn't a real issue. The timing was more an issue sometimes. They got him some looks on the block and that turnover down low was a clear hack. Giving him some of those looks will take some pressure off of him to be a shooter or a slasher.

I hate piling up on Keegan, but he's been playing awful. Almost borderline-Lyles where if he's not making his 3pt shots, he's not really doing much elsewhere.

Keegan not doing much good right now.

But don't disrespect Lyles. He's not just a shooter. Was very much part of that 3rd-Q, bench-led defensive squeeze.

Atlanta will actually try to outscore (read out-offense) the Kings I think.....totally different game - and they might. But that's tomorrow.
My concern is the pnr coverage. They are going to run pnr all night and having Sabonis drop down and trail guys to the rim is going to be easy lobs to their bigs if they aren't careful. Not to even mention the 3's for Young or drives for Murray.

I'm going to choose to believe that gutting out a tough win instead of coasting or going to OT will help us win our back to back game in Atlanta tomorrow. Keep the spirits high, keep the streak going, and (hopefully) get some sleep.
actually the turnovers at the end were great. Brown will chew the crap out of them and they will work on getting better.

The games are getting intense and he's being sped up. It's throwing his game off.

He's a smooth player, but he will have to pick up the tempo just a bit and learn to play at that pace.
I think he's also finding it a little difficult finding his place on the offensive pecking order. He went from one of the highest USG players in the country in college, to being the feature option in SL to now learning how to play off 2 stars and 3 excellent secondary scoring options (Huerter, Barnes, Monk) that all command USG.

Guys like Paolo and Ivey got the keys to their team right away. Murray has to actively carve out an offensive role vs very good offensive players. I'm not worried, he's too smart of a player to not figure it out.

I mostly agree but I think he played good defense in the first half. He has had good
Or decent first halves during this stretch but then doesn’t have a positive impact in the second. I do think that some of it is we are winning and he is the 5th option on the floor right now. That’s a role that takes some getting used to on top of his shot not being there

Call me crazy, but at this point I wouldn't leave the game in the officials hands if given an alternative.....which is to foul before the 3.
I don’t disagree with you there at all. I’m a believer in fouling with under 5 seconds to go. Your team has to be coached very hard on how to make sure it‘s ”on the floor” — but, yes, that should have been the strategy.

That said, it can still be in the hands of the refs regardless if the player fouled fools them into believing he was in the act. It’s not a guarantee to get a foul called on the floor. These players are very adept at reacting to the defensive pressure.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think he's also finding it a little difficult finding his place on the offensive pecking order. He went from one of the highest USG players in the country in college, to being the feature option in SL to now learning how to play off 2 stars and 3 excellent secondary scoring options (Huerter, Barnes, Monk) that all command USG.

Guys like Paolo and Ivey got the keys to their team right away. Murray has to actively carve out an offensive role vs very good offensive players. I'm not worried, he's too smart of a player to not figure it out.
The Kings are also finally in a situation where they aren’t depending on their rookie to look good out the gates. They’re giving him the time and space to figure things out while also being good enough to win without him dropping 20 a night.

The Kings are also finally in a situation where they aren’t depending on their rookie to look good out the gates. They’re giving him the time and space to figure things out while also being good enough to win without him dropping 20 a night.
Yeah us being able to sit our rookie when he isn't playing well to learn instead of having to force him to figure it all out on the court is a luxury we never had.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Keegan not doing much good right now.

But don't disrespect Lyles. He's not just a shooter. Was very much part of that 3rd-Q, bench-led defensive squeeze.
Keegan is scaring me pretty bad right now. He is not playing great and making some mistakes. Not a good combo. I guess our bench past top 9 is never gonna see the floor again

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Last time we were sorta in that position the idiot rookie's dad went nuclear which ultimately blew up the whole effing team.

Brown will take the win, but he wasn't impressed. Now lets close better against Atlanta
I’m completely and totally fine with unimpressive wins. I’m also quite happy that our head coach is not. That’s his job. But as a fan that’s not had the luxury of seeing much winning beyond a 6-7 year stretch earlier this millennium — I’m not going to be greedy.

If 4 or 5 years from now the KINGS have won a title or two or are winning 50-60 games every year that attitude might change. But not in the here and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.