[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - 1/20/17 - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Skal is fun to watch if only for the fact that he appears to make up for the fact he doesn't appear to know what he's doing on a basketball court by throwing himself around the floor like a lanky Gerald Wallace.

That feeling you are getting is that the team is playing relatively hard but are so outmatched talent wise it makes no difference.
Exactly.

I'd rather have them playing hard and everyone on board than standing around and watching our second most talented player stop the ball and miss a contested fadeaway.

With the latter, things can improve.

I am probably one of the few on the "dont give up on Willie yet" train. He showed too much last year and by a lot of circumstances has gotten short end of stick this year.
I mean, he still has a soft motor and weak inside presence. I hope he is salvageable

I'm on board with Skal/Malachi though

I mean, he still has a soft motor and weak inside presence. I hope he is salvageable

I'm on board with Skal/Malachi though
He needs to play with Cousins like he did last year is all I'll say. Saying that i totally understand anyone who is off his bandwagon. I'll just choose to buy low.

He needs to play with Cousins like he did last year is all I'll say. Saying that i totally understand anyone who is off his bandwagon. I'll just choose to buy low.
Yes he plays the best next to Cousins. WCS pairs well with Cousins, because he can focus on defense and blocking shots next to Cousins. Offense runs through Cousins, and WCS doesn't have to think about offensive plays.

I am probably one of the few on the "dont give up on Willie yet" train. He showed too much last year and by a lot of circumstances has gotten short end of stick this year.
I have not given up on him yet either. He looks good on most defensive assignments. Gets hit with a lot of ticky tack fouls that could go either way for a longer tenured player. His shooting stroke looks good. I don't get the lack of motor criticism I see lofted at him sometimes. He sprints all over the court, plays physical defense against players like Zach Randolph who has years of experience to go with his girth. Really pulling for him to get back to last years form again at the very least.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Analyzing the kids is the most fun ive had watching the Kings this year, sadly.
If I had known, I would have watched the game. I am on the "keep Willie" very small bandwagon. I also think Big Papa has a roll to play. He is smooth and quick and has big hands. His biggest problem is he didn't have a clue as to how the NBA worked. It'll take awhile before we know if he is a washout. Same can be said of Willie and Skal.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Raise your hand if you thought Brick would give up on grading by the all star break?

No, not even me.

Everything else is going as any long time fan would expect.
Brick hasn't given up on grading. It's not exactly his fault that he missed out on the last two games. Let's just say that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

K

KingMilz

Analyzing the kids is the most fun ive had watching the Kings this year, sadly.
Things is we are to busy developing elite talents like Tolliver/Barnes/AA/Koufus we don't have time for young players........................

Just play all the kids extended playing time already they should get the lions share of the minutes with the vets named above getting very limited minutes.

I said this last time we played the Grizz sign Green to a big deal next year we need a player like him....on 2nd thought Joeger might sign Ryan Hollins and not play him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.