Kings free agency, part 3

K

KingMilz

Last piece of the puzzle?

When is Andre Miller going to be re-signed as the third PG or will Little Stockton be the third PG?
What I'm about to say is what I think and not fact but obviously following Andre's career I'm not 100% sure he would want to be a 3rd PG unless he's convinced he can no longer play quality mins in the NBA. If there's one thing about Dre that's stood out more than anything else is he always wants to PLAY it's why he and Shaw had a falling out, it's part of the reason the Wizards traded him (to go along with the fact he could not play with John Wall since neither are shooters and he wanted more mins). While he didn't have the greatest year last year it seemed he still played well enough to be a back up somewhere.

If he has had that mentality for 16 years or so and this is his final year unless something drastically changes I don''t really see why he would comeback since he won't play much and has zero chance of winning a ring, doesn't really make sense. Off course I could be completely off base here and maybe Dre's changed or no one else is willing to sign him and signs with us 2morro but we shall see.

The Kings fans in me wants him here as a 3rd PG but the Miller fan in me wants him to go somewhere he can play for the last time ever.

That was just an attempted gag that really fell flat and missed the mark for me. Well intentioned people who are usually more witty than the whole dumb McGibbleholter thing portrays. I'm just glad it died a relatively quick and painless death so we can move on. Nothing to see there.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
That was just an attempted gag that really fell flat and missed the mark for me. Well intentioned people who are usually more witty than the whole dumb McGibbleholter thing portrays. I'm just glad it died a relatively quick and painless death so we can move on. Nothing to see there.
It was just a made-up name Carmichael Dave used discussing general salary cap stuff (NBA team valuations vs. player salaries) and some of his twitter followers just picked it up and ran with it. It wasn't a "gag" that Dave intended to start, it just took on a life of it's own and he actively tried to squash it at first.

It started with this:

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave · Jul 6  Antelope, CA
How can the nba possibly ***** about money and expansion when Freddie McGibbleholter is making 80 mil over the next 5 years?

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave · Jul 6  Antelope, CA
Why did I know the only thing anyone would take from that is Freddie McGibbleholter

Go back into CD's timeline and read from there. Some of it is pretty funny.

Last edited:
I look at it as Gay being the starter at SF and Omri being his backup. With Karl looking to theoretically play Rudy at the PF a lot that means a lot of minutes for Omri. Those two are key players for the Kings.

Mbah a Moute and Butler are much more situational. A versatile, defense-first player was something Karl was lobbying for before the draft.

That would Mbah a Moute. He's had success guarding SGs, SFs and PFs and even some PGs. He'll be a guy that Karl calls on when needed. I think Butler was brought on primarily for two things - to be a solid vet/good locker room presence and to be insurance in case of injury. Essentially he'll be the third SG and SF which will be an important role during a long season.

The Kings obviously need a 3rd PG and I think they need one more big, ideally a PF with some offensive capability. Josh Smith, Darrell Arthur and Kevin Seraphin would be my top picks but I don't think the Kings have the capspace or role to bag them.
Regarding MM and Butler, beside mentioned, I see Butler also being brought in for offense (3pt threat). Both utilized off the bench as needed. Probably neither more than 20 min per game tops.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Dscussion of Luc Mbah a Moute (from three different threads) has been merged into the "Luc Coming Back?" thread.